We spent two nights here, and absolutely loved it. It is completely peaceful and quiet, and a true retreat. We would love to return for longer next time.
We stayed in the rice barn, which was fine for the first night, but the second night felt a little bit cramped. It's still a unique experience though, and I would definitely recommend it for short stays. The shared bathroom which comes with the rice barn is in excellent condition, and very very well maintained.
There are several beautiful common areas to relax in. Our favourite was the tall building with the lookout point, called the bird's nest (?). We spent many hours there with a good book. They also own a few lovely cats, some of whom curled up to us while we read.
The food is absolutely beautiful, with a lot of it from their own garden. Doesn't get fresher than that!
We also went on a hike to the local temple. This was the highlight of our trip. Putri and Ferdi were excellent guides. Although we are not big on temples, we enjoyed the visit, particularly the serene atmosphere.
We had massages, and according to my husband, it was the best one he received in bali.
Their wifi works remarkably well for such a remote region. Much better than in some places in seminyak and ubud.
Tip: get picked up and dropped off by their driver. The rates sounded a bit high to us, but they are really in such a remote area that I can't imagine it would be easy for someone not familiar with the region to find it. It was worth the price to not have to spend hours in a car trying to find it.
- Also Known As:
- Bali Mountain Retreat Hotel
- Bali Mountain Retreat Hotel Tabanan
- Bali Mountain Retreat Tabanan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Bali Mountain Retreat is nestled high on the eastern slopes of Mt Batukaru in traditional Bali. An amazing outlook to the coast, a natural setting amongst the food forest and drinking water direct from a spring on the mountain. In one direction you can trek in the last true national park in Bali and in the other stroll through the sculptured rice fields. With comfortable accommodation and delicious meals in a truly traditional setting, Bali Mountain retreat is a unique experience. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and HostelBookers so you can book your Bali Mountain Retreat reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.