“Fantastic Snorkelling” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Menjangan Island

Menjangan Island
Jl. Mimpi Resort Menjangan | Banyuwedang, West Bali National Park, Buleleng - Bali., Pemuteran, Gerokgak, Bali 81155, Indonesia
Improve this listing
UK
3 attraction reviews
“Fantastic Snorkelling”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

Fantastic snorkelling trip. The variety of fish and coral life at the drop off were amazing.

As with elsewhere on this coastline - litter is a huge issue. It is apparently weather dependent, as it is washed over from nearby Java following heavy rain. We were lucky when we visited and the water was clean, but I saw the boat driver on our tour and other boats throw litter in the sea after lunch so it's not wholly Java to blame.

Visited April 2013

• Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Kingaroy, Australia
13 attraction reviews
“No more aquariums for me!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

I went diving here, had never planned on going diving before... it's just an amazing amazing place and experience. I don't think I'll ever see an aquarium the same way ever again.

Visited August 2012
Sebastian, Florida
83 attraction reviews
“Hindu sanctuary and spectacular snorkeling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

The island is a Hindu sanctuary where temples in place serve as the center of worship for Hindu pilgrims who visit there for religious ceremonies.

The temples are fascinating. A 40-foot-high white marble statue of Ganesh stands watch over the sea. I made friends with a couple of Hindu monks on the island. They are friendly.

The snorkeling is SPECTACULAR, with reefs under shallow water just off the craggy shore. It's not feasible to snorkel directly from the shore. Rather, boat tours will circle the island and serve as jump-off points for snorkelers.

Bats are present in the caves where the sea meets the island crags.

The only issue I really don't want to complain about is garbage. Garbage is strewn on several locations on the island where people gather. There just isn't any garbage collection on the island and during rainy season, garbage is present in the water. It appears to wash up from Java and all over Indonesia. It's a broad public administration problem country-wide. The country needs a sanitation management overhaul. Sure wish it would get done to preserve the beauty of this island and Bali.

Visited December 2012
Bali, Indonesia
“Beautiful and child friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

I took my 7 yr old son and 5 yr old daughter to a snorkeling tour. For my daughter it was the first snorkel experience ever and she was so happy to meet Nemo! The drop off was simply amazing, almost no current, temperature warm, good corals, colorful fishes... everything you expect from a good snorkel condition is granted here. For the kids better prepare the equipments yourselves, due to size matter. I booked my tour through lovinatours.com. Wayan was a good guide, he knew all the good points.

Visited March 2013
Edmonton, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Snorkeling was Incredible”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2013

Someone had told us that the reef was much better 20 years ago but we were amazed by what we saw. I haven't done much snorkeling at all but after going to this island, I would definitely like to do more. So many fish and the drop off was unbelievable!! The day we were there it wasn't very busy so we could meander around without having to worry about getting in anybody's way.

We booked the trip with a guy from Lovina named Cobra. He was not pushy at all about booking a trip like some of the other guys that approached us. It ended up costing us 1,100,000 RUP for 4 of us to go and it included transport from Lovina, Lunch and snorkeling equipment. It was definitely worth it.

The only complaint would be that the jelly fish were really annoying. A couple times, one friend was ready to give up and get out of the water because she kept getting stung. They weren't as bad by the temple though. The jelly fish wouldn't deter us from going again as it was so beautiful.

Visited March 2013