“Friendly, professional & caring” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Macro Bali Divecenter

Macro Bali Divecenter
Jl. Raya Seririt-Gilimanuk | Pemuteran, Gerokgak, Pemuteran, Gerokgak, Bali 81155, Indonesia
+62 812-3837-775
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #4 of 16 Attractions in Pemuteran
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Bali the God’s Island offers you all kind of activities. With more than 300 sunny days per year and watertemperature around 28°C all year around, it is an outdoors’ kingdom : surfing, hiking, biking, volcano ,exploring, and, of course, world class diving and snorkeling spots.Located in the middle of the Coral Triangle, Balioffers the world’s largest biodiversity of fish, invertebrate and coral.Macro Bali Dive Center is the best knowledgeable dive shop in Pemuteran. We have in our crew the best diveguides and instructors who have been carefully picked-up from every dive shop around the area.Diving in clear and warm Bali water from north to south and from east to west is on your finger tip. Don't hesitate to let go in the BIG BLUE with Macro Bali for an unforgettable dream holiday.
Los Gatos, California
“Friendly, professional & caring”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Just came back from diving in Menjangan Island with Macro Bali Dive center.
It had been a while since my wife and I dove so I was particular about the company i wanted to go with.
Quick meeting with the owner made us feel very confident and comfortable with our decision to go with them. Renaud was very experienced about the dive sites & conditions and paired us with an experienced dive master.
The next morning we picked our equipment at the center and took a short car ride to the harbor where we got on a local boat.
The boat ride was comfortable & crew was helpful and professional.
Next came the actual dive portion.
The company picked a safe place for our first dive site from our boat.
Shallow entry followed by a drift wall dive where even the bottom of the wall was not too deep.
After a good safety review we got in the water with a dive master assigned to just the two of us.
The dive master was very experienced, caring and safety conscious. He spend time with us to make sure we got in the water safely, and adjusted to the underwater conditions well.
My wife had issues with clearing her ears almost to the point of giving up. However, our dive master spend time, helped her with good tips and after multiple efforts she was able to dive safely.
Our second dive was even better.
Summary: If you are uncertain about your experience level this is definitely the company to go with.
They were friendly, caring, and did all within their power to enable a fantastic dive for us.
I am sure we could not have done it without them.

Visited April 2014
Ren1973, Manager at Macro Bali Divecenter, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Mustafa V,

thanks for your comment and very happy that you have enjoyed diving again. Don't forget to find a diveclub close to your living place to be able to keep diving and practice diving skills before you next holidays. We hope to see you again in the future. Best regards and thanks again. Renaud

• Indonesian first
Paris, France
4 attraction reviews
“very good dive shop in Pemuteran”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

Frecn speaking Renaud owns and manages the dive shop. A bit less professional than other dives we did (no real security refresh as announced, dive brief a bit too quick), but still great dives with good equipment and very nice people

Visited March 2014
Ren1973, Manager at Macro Bali Divecenter, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Matthieu,

thanks for your comment and happy to hear that you have great dives.Regarding the briefing,sorry to hear that you don't feel it not enough on safety.It needed to be not too long but have everything inside, like safety rules, signs, explanation of the site, animals etc...
montreal
26 attraction reviews
“Macro Bali, incredible diving fantastic staff.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I came across Macro Bali Divecenter in my initial searches for dive centers in North Bali. There are other providers but this place turned out to be the best. After speaking with Renaud the owner for a few minutes I knew I had made the right choice.
What a fortunate occurrence that I also had the chance to do all 12 dives with Putu the dive instructor. I was diving with a new Canon G-15 and barely knew how to operate it, Putu an amazing photographer in His own right has a Canon G-12 and helped me immensely.

The diving in and around Permuteran is fantastic but in my opinion the muck dive under the jetty is what photographic dreams are made of, every 5 feet Putu would point out something that I had seen only in books.

The dive shop itself is very well run, efficient and affordable, in an area where diving can cost an arm and a leg Macro Bali's expertise, pricing and amazing staff were the experience of a Lifetime.

I will definitely be back.

Visited February 2014
Ren1973, Owner at Macro Bali Divecenter, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Customer

Thank you very much for your review.

I think we have a very good time meeting you as much as you enjoy diving with us.

Our divemasters and instructors love what they are doing and like to share their passion and knowledge with our customers.

We hope to see you again

Renaud
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
“Fun dives!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

We had a great time diving with Macro. Renaud welcomed his into his shop for a chat and some tea to set everything up. Him and all the other staff were super friendly.

We dove with Gede, a knowledgable guide. He was very interesting and pointed out many neat creatures in the water. He spoke English very well and took safety very seriously. The diving was wonderful. Unspoiled corals and lots of fishes.

At the end of our day, my mask was lost somehow. There was a lot of equipment on the boat and as I passed my mask to the boat helper from the water, it went missing. Renaud totally took care of us and allowed me to purchase a new mask using a credit he had at a dive shop elsewhere on the island. Great customer service! Thank you so much, Macro!

Visited January 2014
Ren1973, Owner at Macro Bali Divecenter, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear Alli

Thank you very much for your comment.

i am happy that, even if your mask was lost and replace, you take time to write a wonderful comment for us.
I hope that your new mask fits you well and will never be lost again.(keep it around you neck at the end of every dives)
we hope to see you again in Bali.
Best regards and have a very nice day
Renaud
Paris
“Fabulous place in north Bali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2014

Renaud is doing his best with Macro Bali team to make you love diving.
The team is very professional; Putu is a very nice and effective instructor, the atmosphere in Macro Bali is relaxed and friendly.
Renaud has a lot of experience, he taught us to dive in a very safety way and he makes the "theoretical" part easy, attractive and not boring! Our two sons teen became very quickly passionate divers thanks to Renaud.
Renaud and his wife gladly give all visitors very good advices to enjoy the area of Pemuteran.
Pemuteran is the perfect place for recreational diving or for snorkelling: beautiful corals and fishes just in the bay with the unique Bio-Rock coral conservation project, and close to Menjangan Island which is a famous and lovely spot for snorkelling or diving.
We recommend that you leave with Renaud, Putu and the Macro Bali team for a full day snorkelling or diving trip in Menjangan, you will experience a fabulous day.
We are looking forward to come back in this small paradise, away from mass tourism circuits; we intend to enjoy it as long as it remains possible.

Visited August 2013