We stayed here 3 nights because we wanted to go diving and through our research we thought it was the best hotel in the area. It's a place to go if you want peace and quiet (except for the local mosque at 6am). If you're young and looking for some fun, this place is not for you. We were here for the diving/snorkeling and to experience a real Balinese hotel. It was perfect for 3 nights - I would not stay longer unless I really needed to decompress. Keep in mind it's a long windy drive to get there. It took us 3 hours from Ubud - if you get car sick, take some dramamine. If you go for diving, you can't drive the next day b/c of the elevation of the mountains.
Pros: Loved the huge saltwater pool, beachside dining, the bar, spa, onsite diving center, and construction of the property.
Cons: We thought the food was average. Everything we had was super salty (except breakfast) and the tasty club sandwich at the beach bar. Beds are great if you like super hard - we did not.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the northern coast of the island, set amongst fragrant lotus and frangipani flowers, this splendid village consisting of Balinese pavilions overlooks the sea. Each ornate bungalow has hand-carved wooden folding doors, a tropical garden and an outdoor shower with a stone dragon: pure nirvana. Just like the sense of wellbeing imparted from the spa with its massage and other treatments in the best Balinese tradition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Hotel.de, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Matahari Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matahari Beach Resort And Spa
- Matahari Beach Hotel Pemuteran
- Matahari Beach Resort & Spa Bali/Pemuteran