We, a couple plus one child (8), stayed at MATAHARI for six days at the beginning of August 2013. We absolutely enjoyed our stay for a number of reasons: the lovely room, the beautiful garden and pool, the nice beach (we did not experience any waste washed ashore like others did), the yummy food, the great Spa .... but most of all the peace and quiet we encountered there. No TV in the room, no music on the beach or the rest of the resort (like in many other places we stayed in Bali) and very friendly staff. The hotel guests were predominantly pleasant Europeans.
If you can't live without a TV or entertainment, don't go there. If you are looking to relax in a peaceful environment miles away from the big tourist centres, then this is the right place to go.
P.S. If you want to see more than just the resort, we highly recommend a snorkeling tour to the Manjagan island or the "Secret Garden" walking tour organised by the hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the northern coast of the island, set amongst fragrant lotus and frangipani flowers, this splendid village consisting of Balinese pavilions overlooks the sea. Each ornate bungalow has hand-carved wooden folding doors, a tropical garden and an outdoor shower with a stone dragon: pure nirvana. Just like the sense of wellbeing imparted from the spa with its massage and other treatments in the best Balinese tradition. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Hotel.de, Priceline, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Matahari Beach Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Matahari Beach Resort And Spa
- Matahari Beach Hotel Pemuteran
- Matahari Beach Resort & Spa Bali/Pemuteran