I spent five days at Taman Sari as part of a 2 week trip around Bali. This was by far the most expensive place I stayed and definitely the one I wish I had not bothered with. Staff were very charming and the gardens are well kept however I felt there was little or no ambience, maybe this was just in the basic rooms however standards were just not good. The bathroom had some strange stains on the walls (I did not want to wonder what they were) and they were never cleaned off. The miniscule wardrobe had wonky doors that would not shut without a bolt and the room was alive with mosquitoes. It took 2 requests to get anything done about this and all that happened was that they gave me a can of fly spray which didn't seem to affect the mosquitoes, though it choked me as well as a cockroach who came out from under the bed. I also twice requested a blanket as I could not get the aircon to work satisfactorily so either woke up sweating or shivering, eventually they gave me a second sheet - not good service.
To relieve the boredom I tried to book a snorkelling trip, I was told that it would not run without more people but I went to the lovely Warung Santai just outside the gates and they arranged the same trip for me, only it cost 200,000 rupiah less than the hotel were asking.
There are some nice restaurants and warungs along the main road, so it is worth getting out of the hotel.
I have to say I was pleased to be moving on despite the very nice staff and would not return to this hotel.
- Also Known As:
- Taman Sari Bali Hotel Pemuteran
- Taman Sari Bali Resort And Spa
- Taman Sari Bali Resort & Spa Pemuteran
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Taman Sari Bali Far removed from the busy Bali tourist centers, the unspoiled northwest offers a view into the uniqueness of Bali. Still undeveloped, with nature and marine parks preserving the area, one finds a grand expanse of coconut groves and beautiful ancient templesdotting the landscape. The magnificent volcanoes of Java are a perfect backdrop forspectacular sunrises and sunsets. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Taman Sari Bali Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.