“a piece of paradise in ubud” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Rijasa Agung - Bali Ubud Luxury Hotel Resort Villa

You added Rijasa Agung - Bali Ubud Luxury Hotel Resort Villa to your Saves list
Rijasa Agung - Bali Ubud Luxury Hotel Resort Villa
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   Banjar Begawan | Desa Melinggih Kelod, Payangan, Bali 80572, Indonesia   |
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Payangan
LA
“a piece of paradise in ubud”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

My wife and I was pleasantly surprise of this quiet little place in the ubud area. Everything from the staff, food, service, cleanness of the room and the attention to detail of this hotel surpass our expectations. We stayed at this hotel for 6 nights in early june and loved everything about it. The food was excellent, I especially enjoyed their new zealand steak with mushroom sauce. Our room had a jacuzzi and million dollar view of the rainforest. There is also a river in sight which you can see rafters go down every morning. I also enjoyed the infinitey pool, swim to the edge and you have an excellent view once again. The hotel have a scheduled driver that will take you to ubud town and pick you up based on a set schedule. When I come back to bail, this would be the place we would stay. As I am writing this, I am already missing the view we had from our balcony.

Room Tip: Pick the deluxe suite that has a jacuzzi
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank jc120

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I stayed at this hotel before moving to the Kuta-Legian area. I had confirmed to be picked up at the airport as I was arriving at Denpasar at 1 AM and I knew Ubud was about an hour away, but nobody was there and had to get a cab. The staff is very friendly and they do serve well, but their English is not great, which may bother some travellers (I'm quite laid back and after 3 weeks in China was all in the mood of enjoying the last leg of my solo trip).
The hotel is located about 20 mins from Ubud, right beside the Ayung River and in between beautiful rice paddies, thus is very peaceful and great for relaxing but not good if you are more about beaches and clubbing in Bali. They have complimentary shuttle service back and forth to Ubud, which was great and worked well the times I took it. They also helped me booking for rafting and getting around. They have complimentary wireless service at the lobby and the restaurant, which works well and is great given Indonesian standards.
I was in the "deluxe room",which had a large private balcony and jacuzzi. The room was spacious but because the hotel is located near the jungle, you may find some bugs... Also, as the lobby area is open, bats fly around at night, which to me was more like fun than scary, although I had read some travelers complaining about it.
The hotel has beautiful gardens and two nice pools which I enjoyed swimming at night. Their breakfast was good with a mix of western and asian style, including a selection of fresh fruits, cereals and rice, rice noodles, spring rolls and veggies. I only had dinner there one night and noted the hotel selection was just ok, given the fact that the hotel is located far from everywhere and it may be the only option .
In summary, my stay was overall good, but I am not sure if I'd stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
5 Thank Priscila C
Auckland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2011

As a family we have travelled a lot. We take great care, and have fun in planning where to go and stay. We use trip advisor a lot and it has always helped us a great deal. I really hope this review will help others. DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.
We booked this hotel through expedia, having first looked at the hotel's website, and then the details provided by expedia.
We booked a "2 bedroom family villa" for our family of 5, for three nights.
Our stay here was night 7 of our holiday in Bali, having spent the previous 6 in a villa near Canggu beach. The Rijasa should NOT advertise themselves as having 2 bedroom villas because they DON'T! Or, if they do, we didn't see evidence of any! We arrived and first of all were told they were overbooked and the villas were full! Then they told us we had only booked for two children, despite our expedia itinerary clearly saying three children! Two hours later we were still waiting to be checked in. We had called expedia in NZ and they spoke to the hotel who assured them, and us, we were going into a 2 bedroom villa. Finally we were taken to our "villa" which was in fact two adjoining hotel rooms. It was down a long skungy hallway, at the side of the hotel tucked away from anything. When asked about the villa they just shrugged and said sorry!
The rooms were not what we expected, they were not clean, the bathrooms grubby, the shower head only let out three trickles of water, and despite a large balcony, with floorboards falling out all over the place, there wasn't one piece of outdoor furniture for us to sit on! We went to the pool, and there were three sun loungers that we could see for all guests! We were advised that there was a shuttle to Ubud which would pick us up at 9pm that evening. When we called to confirm that we needed the shuttle they asked us to wait until 11pm!
The following morning, after a totally disappointing breakfast, we went to explore the village. The hotel had two complimentary bicycles, which we asked to borrow. We were told they were reserved for other guests. So we all set off on foot and were gone for an hour. On our return the bikes were still there, and when we asked why they hadn't been used we were told to take them then!! A little too late!
All in all, poor communication, poor service, unhelpful staff and sub standard accommodation. Most of all, not what we booked. Despite paying the full amount for our three nights upfront through expedia, something we will NEVER do again, we chose to leave after the first night and moved somewhere else which made our stay in Ubud fantastic.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
11 Thank jungones
RijasaAgung, General Manager at Rijasa Agung - Bali Ubud Luxury Hotel Resort Villa, responded to this review, August 19, 2011
First I would like to apologize for being unable to meet your high expectation.
I have investigated your complaint personally. These are what I found:

1. Your check in process was actually not two hours. Your check in process was only less than 1 hour. In our log, you came in at 12.50 pm. We finished the process before 13.50 . When you came we had not finished preparing your room since our check in time is at 14.00. It is stated in our website.

2.About bicycles, at the time you want to use the bicycles, another guest had reserved it already and that guest later cancel.

3. Free shuttle to and from Ubud is subject to availability(you have to book) but often we tries to meet request by using outside transport.
In your case, we called in our extra driver specially just to pick you up from Ubud. He arrived at the hotel at 19.45.He left hotel at 20.30 going to Ubud. The car arrived in Ubud at around 21.00. You arrived in the hotel at 21.45.

4. We do not put it as family villa , we put it as Rijasa family in our website. I am sure you could find a good villa but I do not think it is fair to compare our room(Rijasa Family) which in the category level of_US$110 per bed room with US$ 300 - 500 villa. If you read family villa in expedia website, we will contact expedia to change it as we did not put it there. It was the resign expedia personnel who put it when we join Expedia.

Regards-John Lapian
Plano, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2011

The place looked spectacular from the outside, but it was kind of creepy, it gave us goose bumps. They gave us a room with a private pool but everything was dusty and dirty. To reach our room we had to go down 90 steps every time and climb up to the hall every morning. We were tired at midnight when we arrived there and once in the room we found the toilet clogged and disgusting. We had to call the personnel to have it cleaned.
The personnel don't speak English unless for the usual few words and it was really frustrating every time we tried to ask for something.
There was a bat flying back and forth inside the hall and it was hard not to run into it.
We don't recommend this hotel at all and we would never go back!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank Tinadifra
Did not like it at all!
First I would like to apologize for being unable to meet your high expectation.
I have investigated your complain personally. These are what I found:

1. From our log, we do have 1 complain in regard with stairs during July 2011. We had responded to your complain by upgrading you to Agung Suite room with plunge pool in the first floor. There is elevator access in that floor.

According to our log, your check in time was 14.30 not midnight. You get into your room at 15.30 because we need to prepare your new room as a respond to your request that you wanted a room with no stairs. About the toilet clogged, I checked with engineering department. The report was nothing wrong with the toilet.

The problem was you booked 1 Agung villa and 1 deluxe room for your daughter. Your daughter mistakenly took your room in the villa. She used the toilet and did not flush it. The tissue still in the toilet and she also put plastic rubbish in the bathroom. Therefore when you finally got into your villa,then you thought the toilet was dirty and clogged.

2. About dusty and dirty room. I have notify your complain to the house keeping department to be fixed. It will be more constructive if you let us know during few days of your stay so we could easily clean it again if it does not meet your ”standard”.

Regards - John Lapian - GM
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

Today is the last day of our four day stay. The moment you enter the hotel you get mesmerized by the amazing location and jungle view. We stayed in deluxe suit room which is very comfortable, spacy and clean with a balcony jakuzi viewing the ayung river and the amazing jungle valley. It seemed a perfect place for honeymooners. However there are serious management and service problems with this amazing complex;

1- The staff speak very little english; it gets very frustrating many times( we are a really easy going couple with low expectations) they gave us an old blue folder after we asked for a map and took 10 minutes!!!
2- Shuttle pickup wasn't on time
3- when you ask something in reception 3 people surround you with useless jibberish and take a loooong time to resolve a simple question
4- We have been to top 10 restaurants all over Bali and simply the dinner and launch were the worst that you can find. We couldnt finish the meals. Try beef fillet mignon and the pizzas; havent had a worse one. The breKfast is ok. And the candle light complimentary dinner special for honeymooners is extremely dissapointing.
5- the main pool is amazing with a spectacular jungle view but there is no place to sit or lie down around it! So you swim, and then have to go to far away places to be able relax somewhere.
In conclusion, it is a very nice and clean hotel with a wonderful atmosphere, but it is managed poorly.

• Stayed July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars
5 Thank Gokhanbat
None, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2011

This is my 2nd stay at Rijasa this year. My previous stay in the east wing Room 202.
I was put up in the west wing Room 211 where faced view of sunset though I missed it.
Enclosed photos from west wing. No complaint till date.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Gin27
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

Had the most amazing stay at the Rijasa Agung, the location is overlooking the Agung River, the service is amazing. The food was some of the best i have experienced in Bali, (my 6th Trip). The Staff make you feel so welcome and are very friendly and attentive.

The rooms are very spacious, clean and the decore is great. This place is wonderful, i cannot recommend highly enough.

This property is 10 - 15 mins from Ubud centre, however there was a shuttle available to us at any time of the day, both in and out of Ubud.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lainey007
Also consider these accommodations in or near Payangan
Ayung Resort Ubud
The Kayon Resort
#2 of 160 in Ubud
5.0 of 5 stars 442 reviews
Maya Ubud Resort & Spa

Been to Rijasa Agung - Bali Ubud Luxury Hotel Resort Villa? Share your experiences!