First of all a massive and warm thank you to all the awesome staff. From when we arrived, through a small village on bumpy roads (our taxi had little trouble finding the hotel, but was quickly forgotten when we were greeted by giant smiles and well longed for cold towels and refreshments), to when we left, we were taken care of and treated with perfect balinese hospitality and; IWAN, you are da MAN! I have never ever ever met such enthusiastic and genuinely down to the bones friendly, helpful and thoughtful staff and always looking out for our needs. Inspiring I must say, to meet staff that apparently truly love their work. My hat off for you Iwan, and your staff! We had booked two nights at first, but extended an extra night, just didnt want to leave you guys!
The villa is very nice and especially the balcony, which is quite big for the villa size. We had a lovely dinner there, with countless candles prepared around the balustrades and table. the view is absolutely fantastic. The hotel is build in a somewhat steep slope, making our view very dramatic; jungle and rice fields on the other side of the gorge for as far as we could see. And this is the first time we stayed in a hotel, were we could pick (literally!) banana direct from our balcony. Unfortunately it was one of the local, sour kind but anyway ;)). And make sure to spend some time by the pool, it really is breathtaking.
The restaurant is great, we were told it is designed inspired by a traditional balinese village meeting place, the heart of a balinese village. The menu has enough variety, however the wine list lacked a few choices if you ask me, but the local dishes that we tried, were flawless and very inspiring. And what a breakfast! The presentation was amazing and just the right mix of western and local morning treats. Served with any fresh juice and coffee of our choice.
The hotel has a "gondola" that took us up and down to our villa, there are quite a few stairs down from restaurant to the spa area..., so thank you for that, there are a few picture on the hotel´s website if I'm not mistaken, the gondola not only a means of transportation, riding it was a small adventure :)) Luxury and adventure trip both for the price of one!
the spa is very much worth a visit, nice to have a massage while listening to the sound of the river below. Talented and friendly spa hosts. The hotel offers complimentary morning yoga and meditation, which my girlfriend enjoyed every morning, while I stayed in the outdoor jacuzzi. She told me I missed out, but hey I got relaxed enough just by sipping the fresh air and listening to the sounds of the jungle. And of course from the warm smiles from the staff.
Thanks again Iwan and gang, for a very memorable couple of days!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nandini Bali Jungle Resort & Spa Ubud is located on the slopes of the Ayung River Valley. It offers a restaurant, a spa with massage pavilions, and a resort monorail.The resort provides a free shuttle service to Ubud's town centre, located a 20-minute drive from the hotel. Denpasar is 1-hour drive away, while Ngurah Rai International Airport is around 1.5-hour drive away.Nandini Bali Jungle Resort boasts a hillside swimming pool, an outdoor jacuzzi, and concealed paths to a jungle river. Resort activities include yoga, trekking and cycling. Guests may also spot wildlife such as macaque monkeys.The traditional Balinese chalets at Nandini have private balconies with stunning jungle views. Featuring wooden interiors, each chalet comes with a flat-screen TV, a DVD player and a safety deposit box. Bathrooms have a separate bathtub and shower stall.Wild Ginger Restaurant offers local, international and Indonesian dishes, prepared with fresh ingredients grown in the resort. Local and Asian tea are served at the open-air Warung Teh Lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, HostelWorld, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, HotelTravel.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, HostelBookers and Odigeo so you can book your Nandini Bali Resort & Spa Ubud reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Nandini Bali Resort And Spa Ubud
- Nandini Bali Resort & Spa Ubud Hotel Ubud
- Nandini Bali Hotel Ubud
- Nandini Bali Resort & Spa Ubud Payangan