“A diamond in the jungle” 5 of 5 stars

Nandini Bali Resort & Spa Ubud
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   | Br. Susut, Payangan, Bali 80572, Indonesia   |
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Payangan
Sydney, Australia
“A diamond in the jungle”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

First of all a massive and warm thank you to all the awesome staff. From when we arrived, through a small village on bumpy roads (our taxi had little trouble finding the hotel, but was quickly forgotten when we were greeted by giant smiles and well longed for cold towels and refreshments), to when we left, we were taken care of and treated with perfect balinese hospitality and; IWAN, you are da MAN! I have never ever ever met such enthusiastic and genuinely down to the bones friendly, helpful and thoughtful staff and always looking out for our needs. Inspiring I must say, to meet staff that apparently truly love their work. My hat off for you Iwan, and your staff! We had booked two nights at first, but extended an extra night, just didnt want to leave you guys!

The villa is very nice and especially the balcony, which is quite big for the villa size. We had a lovely dinner there, with countless candles prepared around the balustrades and table. the view is absolutely fantastic. The hotel is build in a somewhat steep slope, making our view very dramatic; jungle and rice fields on the other side of the gorge for as far as we could see. And this is the first time we stayed in a hotel, were we could pick (literally!) banana direct from our balcony. Unfortunately it was one of the local, sour kind but anyway ;)). And make sure to spend some time by the pool, it really is breathtaking.

The restaurant is great, we were told it is designed inspired by a traditional balinese village meeting place, the heart of a balinese village. The menu has enough variety, however the wine list lacked a few choices if you ask me, but the local dishes that we tried, were flawless and very inspiring. And what a breakfast! The presentation was amazing and just the right mix of western and local morning treats. Served with any fresh juice and coffee of our choice.

The hotel has a "gondola" that took us up and down to our villa, there are quite a few stairs down from restaurant to the spa area..., so thank you for that, there are a few picture on the hotel´s website if I'm not mistaken, the gondola not only a means of transportation, riding it was a small adventure :)) Luxury and adventure trip both for the price of one!
the spa is very much worth a visit, nice to have a massage while listening to the sound of the river below. Talented and friendly spa hosts. The hotel offers complimentary morning yoga and meditation, which my girlfriend enjoyed every morning, while I stayed in the outdoor jacuzzi. She told me I missed out, but hey I got relaxed enough just by sipping the fresh air and listening to the sounds of the jungle. And of course from the warm smiles from the staff.

Thanks again Iwan and gang, for a very memorable couple of days!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Moscow
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

We stayed at villa 11, this is an extra ordinary view. Waked up in the morning by the sunshine make us really feel the nature touch. Our villa facing to the sunrise and the rice field we are so lucky. My girl friend and me found it very uniqe place with very excotic people. The staff is the number one impression, they gave us more understanding about Balinese village live. We booked for spa on the river and find the touch of magical river spa...especially the steps...ha ha ha. But overall we enjoy our romantic visit at Nandini bali resort. We have a new family in Ubud now.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Jakarta
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

For me staying in Nandini was enchanting! I was there for couple of days during the weekend with my husband last month, this was my second visit. On my first visit last march, we went down to the river which is amazingly still within Nandini's boundary (you guys can ask the staff about this place), although I needed to catch my breath going down and coming up but it's really worth it. For us it was like a little adventure. The river area was secluded surrounded by river canyon walls and waterfalls in the middle of the forest. We brought some snack and fruits and had a little picnic by the river, it was so romantic :) and the good thing about it is we can book the river area just for ourself! We got to try the spa as well, it was amazing! I used the gondola going from one level to another, it was okay and seemed safe, and its so convenient for me as sometimes I was too lazy using the staircase :)

I really enjoyed the great view from our balcony (we're staying at chalet no.10), sipping my coffee in the morning and enjoying the sunrise. And at night, enjoying fire flies from our balcony, although I wished there were more of them. It was an amazing feeling! During the days we went walking at the nearby village, the locals are so friendly. Passing the rice field and trees everywhere, I saw cocoa and coffee trees grow wildly on the road we passed nearby. We even visited one of the temples nearby and saw few monkeys hanging on the tree at the temple. So cute :) My husband is lucky enough to be able to see 'Luwak' (asian palm civet) when he just came back from his walk in late afternoon in the bushes nearby the parking area (Nandini's reception area). Luwak is coffee bean eater animal, they are quite rare as they only live where the coffee trees grow and only eating coffee bean! And normally they are very shy. I'm aware those creatures produce the most expensive coffee! I was amazed when we asked the staff and they confirmed it was Luwak and actually there are quite few around the hotel area!

I'm a frequent traveller to Bali and if you are looking for a unique place to stay in Bali, I would highly recommend Nandini, as nowadays its not easy to find place in Bali where you can get that 'magical Bali' feeling anymore. Sorry Kuta :))

Besides the excellent hospitality and service from the staff, overall for me its been always an exciting experience staying at Nandini. I just hope on my next visit I could see Luwak, that rare exotic animal with my own eyes!! So looking forward to it!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Bali, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

well im stay in this villa for 3 day with my husband and never get bored at all cause we have butler Iwan he is the first thing I always remember ...",everything is possible "...i have very nice candle light dinner in balcony ,good food ,flower setup is amazing ,and unique transportation gondola to our room this new for us ..but it is fantastic ,there a balinese dancing perform when I stay there
,I thing this villa is really know how to make guest happy ,and sure I will come back again

Room Tip: # 7 its excellent near a pool ,
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

Stayed there for just only 1 night in March. During my time there, it was a bit wet. So the hotel was quiet with few guest. We almost have the whole place to ourself. I would advise against talking a trip down from to the river after the rain. The path was a bit slippery and the water was a bit muddy and it was a bit disappointed.
The rest of the hotel and service was good. Nice hotel in the middle of no where. The view from room 8 in the morning was great ! a clear views if the greens with moneys around.

We had dinner in, the food was great and serving was big enough to keep me full all night.

The hotel was far from town, but they do provide free twice daily shuttle service to Ubud. I suggest having dinner and drinks in Ubud before catching the last shuttle back to the quiet , romantic hotel.

Around the hotel, there are nice walking path around and also a water rafting company, which is just great for some excitement.

I is just a great little place for a good get away.

Try to contact the Hotel early to get them to arrange Taxi from the Airport at a discounted rate.

Room Tip: If you want quiet room with the view of the forest, try room 8,9 10. Room 8 would be the closest to...
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

Our stay at the Nandini Bali jungle resort & spa was exceptional. Our Villa was cool & comfortable with an incredible view, the refreshing pool with the pure spring water and the absence of chlorine and the magic of the Sungai Spa – WOW! But, the top of the list is your staff – from grounds keepers, the friendly Spa Ladies, and the Wild Ginger Restaurant staff serving our “Jungle Breakfast” plus meeting other interesting guests from all over the world!

And, last but not the least by far is Iwan Suryadi, the extra-ordinary chap from Lombok with great stories and experiences and pictures to share! This was our 4th trip to Bali and we will be back for more!

Many thanks Iwan and staff and you will see us again.

Mike & Ruth Kelly,
Singapore

Room Tip: All Villas are on a steep slope and serviced by a mono-rail tram for ease and the views are outstand...
Athens, Greece
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

Staying at this resort for three nights 25 to 28 March was a pleasant surprise for us.
We were offered challet number 11. Seating at the balcony looking at the forest below gave you the impression that you were on top of a canopy. Tranquility and discreet noises like birds tweeting or the funny sound of a gecko’s voice reminded you were in the forest. The constant sound of the river flowing 215 steps lower was so inviting that you could not resist the calling even though climbing back to your room could put a question to your fitness. All in all magic. A small but sufficient swimming pool with natural coming from the river water added to the relaxing atmosphere of the resort. Spacious bedroom and bathroom well looked after. Very friendly and helpful staff and of course right at the center of it the person we considered the soul of the resort IWAN. He was in charge of everything and present everywhere needed.
An excellent guy and a very wise choice by the hotel’s proprietors. With a broad smile and a genuine willingness to help he was there to offer you the best expected service. Well done IWAN. Food generally good considering the fact that you were in the forest .Diner cost about 400000 RPS for two. We would strongly recommend to the visitor of Bali staying there for 2 or 3 nights.

Room Tip: The higher you are the better view of the forest .
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Nandini Bali Resort & Spa Ubud? Share your experiences!