There is nowhere better to be on a rainy day in Bali! The Hanging Gardens is in the most truly spectacular setting perched on the side of a verdant valley north of Ubud. The villas are well positioned overlooking the valley with great views and lovely infinity pools! We stayed for 2 nights eating at the amazing restaurant on the first night where we were treated to the most delicious and impressive meal though the wine was very expensive - £50 for a bottle of Jacob's Creek! We ate in Ubud on the second night in an amazing restaurant called Lamak - which we'd thoroughly recommend. Back at the hotel the spa / massages were amazing and the private cookery course was brilliant - even in the rain!! Staff / service was excellent.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden deep in the natural beauty of Bali's rich rainforest, this luxury 5-star hotel has 38 private thatched villas, each with its own infinity pool. The hotel, with its stunning and much-lauded twin-level cascading pools, overlooks rich jungle landscapes and the holy Ayung River, with an ancient temple opposite on the other side of a spectacular plunging gorge. Hanging Gardens Ubud offers supreme luxury and ultimate privacy combined with five star service set to the sounds of chattering monkeys and native birds. The hotel's renowned Beduur Restaurant serves exceptional dishes with Asian, Western and Mediterranean influences, using indigenous herbs and spices grown in the neighboring village and freshly-caught fish from Jimbaran Bay. A pair of funiculars take guests through the jungle to the terraced levels of the property. The verdant gardens were designed by landscape architect John Pettigrew and incorporate local flora and fauna such as cocoa and coffee trees, which blend serenely with bamboo, flame trees and orchids to create a unique tropical paradise. The truly luxurious Ayung Spa uses local ingredients and ancient techniques, combined to create beauty therapies and treatments that soothe the mind, rejuvenate the body and energise the soul. Most of the staff come from the local village, which the hotel takes great care to support with programs such as the planned new library for the village school, which guests are invited to contribute books to. If you are looking for a the ultimate jungle escape, then come and let us create it for you at Hanging Gardens Ubud. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Despegar.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Hanging Gardens Ubud reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Hanging Gardens By Orient-Express Hotel Payangan
- Hanging Gardens Hotel Ubud
- Hanging Gardens Ubud Bali/Payangan