Came with the wife for the bamboo deck picnic lunch... Unfortunately due to heavy rainfall the previous night, the bamboo deck was out of bounds but we were offered and excellent alternative in a secluded part of the property, and had a simply amazing lunch with our own personal butler.
Duck spring rolls, ham/mozzarella sandwiches, prawn skewers, fruit platters, salads... The food just kept on coming. And the service was fantastic too.
Also the manager treated us to a tour of the resort ending with a free cocktail. No complaints here. Thanks for looking after us.
- Also Known As:
- Ubud Hanging Gardens By Orient-Express Hotel Payangan
- Ubud Hanging Gardens By Orient-Express Hotel
- Hanging Gardens Hotel Ubud
- Ubud Hanging Gardens
- Hanging Gardens Ubud Bali/Payangan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hidden deep in the natural beauty of Bali's rich rainforest, this luxury 5-star hotel has 38 private thatched villas, each with its own infinity pool. The hotel, with its stunning and much-lauded twin-level cascading pools, overlooks rich jungle landscapes and the holy Ayung River, with an ancient temple opposite on the other side of a spectacular plunging gorge. Hanging Gardens Ubud offers supreme luxury and ultimate privacy combined with five star service set to the sounds of chattering monkeys and native birds. The hotel's renowned Beduur Restaurant serves exceptional dishes with Asian, Western and Mediterranean influences, using indigenous herbs and spices grown in the neighboring village and freshly-caught fish from Jimbaran Bay. A pair of funiculars take guests through the jungle to the terraced levels of the property. The verdant gardens were designed by landscape architect John Pettigrew and incorporate local flora and fauna such as cocoa and coffee trees, which blend serenely with bamboo, flame trees and orchids to create a unique tropical paradise. The truly luxurious Ayung Spa uses local ingredients and ancient techniques, combined to create beauty therapies and treatments that soothe the mind, rejuvenate the body and energise the soul. Most of the staff come from the local village, which the hotel takes great care to support with programs such as the planned new library for the village school, which guests are invited to contribute books to. If you are looking for a the ultimate jungle escape, then come and let us create it for you at Hanging Gardens Ubud. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz, Agoda, Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Otel, HotelTravel.com, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Hanging Gardens Ubud reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.