“A little bit of heaven” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ayung Resort Ubud

You added Ayung Resort Ubud to your Saves list
Ayung Resort Ubud
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Desa Melinggih Kelod | Banjar Begawan, Payangan, Bali, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
Exclusive Offer 40%OFF
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Payangan
Southampton, United Kingdom
“A little bit of heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I have just spent 3 wonderful days in the most tranquil and peaceful place you could wish for.
The staff were without exception he friendlest and most welcoming that you could wish for.

The attention to detail is superb in every aspect, The food is some of the best I have eaten especially the tenderloin steak.

I will be returning at the earliest opportunity, to enjoy a longer stay if possible.

If you want to wind down and lose the stress this has to be the place for you.o

Room Tip: try a villa
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Casuarina, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

We spent 10 days in Bali and stayed Sanur, Nusa Lembongan, Ubud and Nusa Dua. This trip we wanted to get a feel as to where we will stay for longer in the future. As it was my birthday my partner wanted something special and booked Ayung Resort Ubud. We had Hanoman Villa, absolutely beautiful! Cannot fault this place. We were looked after by Krishna who was incredibly efficient and professional. He is a great asset to the resort. The dinners were exceptional and breakfast was very substantial and we loved the fresh juices, pastries, fresh fruit, choice of egg dishes etc. loved getting around in the golf buggies. Yoga was excellent and teacher very skilled. We loved our private infinity pool, with view of the jungle and glimpse of river! We believe this resort is world class and would not hesitate to recommend to anyone! Looking forward to our return trip! Thank you Ayung Resort Staff, you are wonderful!

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

The resort is out of Ubud at its's too far but once inside you can feel how magical the place is. I was there with 3 friends and unfortunately stayed only for 1 night for my friend's birthday, however it was a memorable one.Check in was a breeze. The whole resort is expansive like an art museum and beautifully manicured rainforest.The welcome food is delicious as well as the ala carte breakfast.The F&B team surprised my friend with a birthday cake and sparkling and the turn down service they gave as pieces of chocolates placed in our bed. Complimentary high tea and mini bar was such a delight. I couldn't find a major flaw in this hotel but i hope they increase the frequency of pick ups to and from the city center. But all in all such a wonderful stay and the hotel rate is more than its value.. Hope to return again in December.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Voorburg, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed at Ayung Resort for 5 nights. We really loved the place and we will surely go back again..
The staff are very friendly , the serive was a real 5 STARS. I recommend visiting this place if you are looking for a place to relax but also to visit Ubud which is not far from the Resort.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

The staff took note of our comment that we would like to swim as much as possible during our stay and placed us in a room that is close to the gorgeous swimming pool. The room was spacious, comfortable and sooo inviting! I love the little details: the bottle of insect repellant for you to use when dining at the restaurant in the evenings, the little truffles they place on your bed every evening when they turn down your bedsheets, the thoughtfully composed complimentary afternoon tea, the lovely snacks while waiting for your room to be ready, the list goes on. The people are lovely and the meals prepared by the chef, Made Lugra are just superb. You can tell they really go out of their way to make sure your stay is as comfortable as possible.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

My family (6 month pregnant wife, 1 year old daughter, and I) stayed at Ayung Resort in May 2014. We loved the place for many reasons. The grounds of the resort are spetacular. My favorite experience was walking down to the river and passing by the face sculptures in the canyon wall. The service was great and the food was excellent. The views of Ayung River are really special. I recommend visiting this place if you're looking for a relaxed, quiet experience in Bali.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2014

My husband and I visited Ayung Resort a few weeks ago. As I do a lot of research, I googled "Blacks in Bali" and was shocked to read that several people said they faced racism. As my trip was paid for I contacted the hotel to let them know of my concerns. I was immediately contacted and reassured that they had never heard of this and asked that I forward these comments to them. I was impressed by the immediate response and reassurance they gave me.
All that said, when we arrived, we were told we were given an upgrade to a Villa! Wow. Unexpected and soooo nice. We experienced none of the problems in Bali that I read about and saw on Youtube. To the contrary, the Balinese were the friendly polite people that I've always heard about. Ayung is BEAUTIFUL, green, lush, quiet. It is quite spread out so they send a cart to get you to and from you room. It's a ways from town, so they provide a shuttle 3 times a day.
We were only going to stay 4 nights and then go to Seminyak for the beach. When we got to Seminyak we were crest-fallen - noise, partying, ruff surf, crowded streets. We left the next day and returned to the oasis of Ayung Resort.
When we checked back in the owner was there and I thanked him for the upgrade and told him how wrong the negative reviews of Bali and "Blacks" was. I do not understand what those people experienced as we had absolutely no problems. The owner is a delightful man who loves art and runs a wonderful establishment. We were not able to get a villa, which was fine as long as we were back "home". The room we got was great. Warm and bright.
My husband LOVED the food. Breakfast was included and we got room service most nights. Every effort was made to accommodate, waiters remembered your name and what you ordered.
I can't say enough good things about Ayung, all I can say if you want to relax in nature, beauty and comfort - go! Enjoy your day trips and then come home to serenity.
I thank all of the wonderful staff and the attentive owner. A special shout out to Made, who was a fount of information and a really nice guy!
I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: I don't think you can go wrong with any of the rooms. I stayed in a villa and in a room, everyw...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Ayung Resort Ubud? Share your experiences!