“Absolutely flawless experience” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ayung Resort Ubud

You added Ayung Resort Ubud to your Saves list
Ayung Resort Ubud
4.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Desa Melinggih Kelod | Banjar Begawan, Payangan, Bali 80572, Indonesia   |
Hotel deals
Offers & Announcements
BOOK DIRECT GET MORE
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Payangan
Toronto, Canada
“Absolutely flawless experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

The Tripadvisor reviews are 100% true - this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at in my life. I couldn't believe the price, we paid $110USD per night, booking through Agoda, and I couldn't get over how fantastic the entire experience was, for so cheap! The whole place is so beautiful, serene and comfortable. I never wanted to move from where I was. The bed was so comfy, I never wanted to wake up, the room balcony was so peaceful, I didn't want to move, the view at breakfast was so spectactular, I couldn't stop looking, etc. etc.

I won't repeat what everybody else said, but will add a few other comments:
- We booked the basic room in the Sita Wing, and it felt first class all the way. The rooms were huge, and pool was hardly busy so it felt like we were staying in a private villa with 5 star treatment. The staff even brought us cold water and towels to cool off with, when they saw we were at the pool for a long time.
- I highly recommend devoting at least one day of your trip to stay on the resort. Usually when travelling, I plan lots of excursions and activities, but you should definitely enjoy the resort and its facilities for at least one day. There is the daily yoga class and afternoon tea. Plus we spent a few hours just walking around the grounds. The artwork is exquisite and nicer than a lot of the art work we saw off of the resort. Also there is a park with a few deer, and you can walk down to Ayung River.
- The afternoon tea is lovely, and takes place from 4pm until at least 5:30pm. You each get a cup of tea, and there are four small snacks for each person to try. It changes everyday.
- The breakfasts are out of this world! And yes, you can order as much as you like. My boyfriend and I always ordered an embarrassing amount of food because it was so delicious, and the staff never got upset. I highly highly recommend the bakery platter, it was the freshest baked goods I have ever had. If we were to ever order a breakfast like that in north america, with so much food and of such high quality, it easily would've cost $100 for two people in itself.

I was so sad to leave the place, and dream of going back. Book it now!!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (112)
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Holsworthy, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

From the moment we arrived at the hotel after being collected from the airport by their driver, everything was wonderful from the reception we got, the room overlooking the pool with a large balcony, the attentive staff to the superb food. Sadly we only stayed two nights and wished we had been able to stay longer. Set in beautifully landscaped gardens complete with many carvings and surrounded by jungle, we had a fabulous (steep) walk down to the river at the bottom to see the white water rafting. The food was a revelation in itself as the quality and presentation were exquisite; breakfast provided such a huge choice it was difficult to decide where to start with staff encouraging you to have any combination and try everything! We did not use the free shuttle into Ubud as we found the surroundings so peaceful and had no desire to go anywhere else during our short stay. An outstanding place to stay and wholeheartedly recommended.

Room Tip: The rooms with balcony overlooking the pool are very large.
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I decided to stay in Ayung only 2 of my 4 night stay in Bali and I'm totally regretting it. I wish I would have stayed here the entire time. The service is impeccable. The food unimaginably good. And the location is fantastic. It is nestled amongst the rainforest. The views are breathtaking. The rooms are incredibly appointed and spacious. The stay is friendly, courteous and so helpful and knowledgeable. I will definitely be back to Bali and I'll undoubtedly stay at Ubud!

• Stayed March 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

What a magnificent place to stay!

An absolutely beautiful private forest setting, with lovely room balconies overlooking the pool.

Lovely friendly staff & very quick buggy service. The resort offers a shuttle service into Ubud several times a day, which is very convenient.

Absolutely recommend staying here. I hope to stay again soon!

Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Anyung Resort for 5 nights and were delighted upon check-in to be advised that we had been upgraded from a a superior room to a deluxe room. From the moment we arrived at the resort we felt well looked after by the friendly and professional staff. The infinity pool overlooking the jungle in the Sita Wing where we stayed provided a beautiful oasis in which to relax. The restaurant was lovely with panoramic jungle views and served delicious, well priced food. The inclusive breakfast in our room rate was fantastic and something I looked forward to each morning. The resort is approximately 25 minutes out of the centre of Ubud but runs three complimentary shuttles to/from Ubud every day. Personally I enjoyed the serenity the resort offered away from the hustle and bustle of Ubud central. I was extremely impressed with the Ayung Resort and will definitely stay there again should I ever visit Ubud again.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2014

Set within 8 hectares of lush greenery In a quite location just outside of Ubud. Service is impeccable. The Balinese people are so genuinely kind. Simply fabulous all round. Would stay there again at the drop of a hat!

Room Tip: Srikandi pool villa is fabulous
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

Wow! What a surprise this resort was. My husband is a resort snob so was like a truculent child at the thought of a resort he'd not seen advertised in Conde Naste Traveller....well even he was impressed. Smaller by far than Four Seasons in Ubud but with the same lush view from the infinity pool, making you feel part of the jungle all around. Kingfishers flash in the trees and a troupe of monkeys even came by one evening. Rooms are enormous and four poster beds luxurious, if a bit noisy! The restaurant is fabulous, to my shame we didn't eat anywhere else. The staff were lovely and had great fun teaching us some simple Balinese so for everyone at Ayung...suksuma! This is a lovely resort, well placed for all the sights of Central Bali.

Room Tip: We were in a room level with the pool which was convenient for nipping out for a swim and lovely for...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Ayung Resort Ubud? Share your experiences!