The Tripadvisor reviews are 100% true - this is the best hotel I have ever stayed at in my life. I couldn't believe the price, we paid $110USD per night, booking through Agoda, and I couldn't get over how fantastic the entire experience was, for so cheap! The whole place is so beautiful, serene and comfortable. I never wanted to move from where I was. The bed was so comfy, I never wanted to wake up, the room balcony was so peaceful, I didn't want to move, the view at breakfast was so spectactular, I couldn't stop looking, etc. etc.
I won't repeat what everybody else said, but will add a few other comments:
- We booked the basic room in the Sita Wing, and it felt first class all the way. The rooms were huge, and pool was hardly busy so it felt like we were staying in a private villa with 5 star treatment. The staff even brought us cold water and towels to cool off with, when they saw we were at the pool for a long time.
- I highly recommend devoting at least one day of your trip to stay on the resort. Usually when travelling, I plan lots of excursions and activities, but you should definitely enjoy the resort and its facilities for at least one day. There is the daily yoga class and afternoon tea. Plus we spent a few hours just walking around the grounds. The artwork is exquisite and nicer than a lot of the art work we saw off of the resort. Also there is a park with a few deer, and you can walk down to Ayung River.
- The afternoon tea is lovely, and takes place from 4pm until at least 5:30pm. You each get a cup of tea, and there are four small snacks for each person to try. It changes everyday.
- The breakfasts are out of this world! And yes, you can order as much as you like. My boyfriend and I always ordered an embarrassing amount of food because it was so delicious, and the staff never got upset. I highly highly recommend the bakery platter, it was the freshest baked goods I have ever had. If we were to ever order a breakfast like that in north america, with so much food and of such high quality, it easily would've cost $100 for two people in itself.
I was so sad to leave the place, and dream of going back. Book it now!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ayung Resort is a breathtaking, mystique and unique lifestyle hotel, perched high up on the bank of a mostly untouched tropical mountain rainforest gorge, in the traditional Balinese village of Payangan Ubud, surrounded by the gentle, spiritual tranquility and pace of Balinese life. Along this serene 8 hectares rain forest domain runs The Ayung, Bali’s most sacred mountain river. In the rocks of the hotels pathways and along it’s 600 meters long riverbank fronting the Ayung Resort, 250 of the finest Balinese Stone Carvers have painstakingly worked,for over a 2 year period,to carve the spectacular Hindu mythologies, Ramayana and Mahabharata amongst others. These stone carvings have become the most sought after photo opportunity of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Ayung Resort Ubud reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayung Resort Ubud Bali/Payangan