My fiancee and I spent 5 days at this fine albeit hard-to-locate resort which sits within a village with narrow 1-laner drive-way that vehicles ply both ways! Foreign drivers are advised to take note of the GPS coordinates of the resort in advance as the Ayung Ubud cannot be found in Garmin GPS system. Location aside, the hospitality was excellence. In our bid to figure out the way to the resort, the concierge staff (Ms Nurdani who speaks comprehensible English) was able to render directional assistance in a reassuring manner. Upon arrival (at 9-ish pm), Ms Nurdani came out to the drive-way to welcome us! Our less-than pleasant navigational experience was compensated by the luxurious Princess suite that we were ushered to (on a buggy). We were briefed by the bellhop on our suite that comes with the following:
1. generous balcony facing the natural green
2. grand handcarved-wooden king-sized post bed
3. capacious washroom big enough that allows a couple to wash up simultaneously
4. handsome dining area for 6 guests
5. comfortable living room that comes with surround sound system & a large flat screen TV
6. pantry cabinet that comes with:
i. coffee maker that comes with a selection of coffee capsules (decaf too) / Dilmah Tea
ii. milk heater/frother
iii. Fridge filled with complimentary beverages (Bintang Beer, Ovaltine to milk) & Toblerone
iv. Water Kettle and drinking water
7. Study area
8. Good sized Wardobe with brolly, shopping basket, hardy-bedroom slippers
The well-appointed Wijaya Kusuma Restaurant that served sumptuous meals. Ms Ari greeted us each time we were there by our last name and all waiting staff delivered top-notch service.
In addition, the well-furnished dining establishment comes with unparalleled ambience despite it's not air-conditioned. Guests could choose to have their breakfast in the comfort of their own rooms too!
While this compliment can go on and on, in the nutshell, visit this resort - one of luxury and excellence service that will exceed one's expectation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Ayung Resort is a breathtaking, mystique and unique lifestyle hotel, perched high up on the bank of a mostly untouched tropical mountain rainforest gorge, in the traditional Balinese village of Payangan Ubud, surrounded by the gentle, spiritual tranquility and pace of Balinese life. Along this serene 8 hectares rain forest domain runs The Ayung, Bali’s most sacred mountain river. In the rocks of the hotels pathways and along it’s 600 meters long riverbank fronting the Ayung Resort, 250 of the finest Balinese Stone Carvers have painstakingly worked,for over a 2 year period,to carve the spectacular Hindu mythologies, Ramayana and Mahabharata amongst others. These stone carvings have become the most sought after photo opportunity of the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Despegar.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Ayung Resort Ubud reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ayung Resort Ubud Bali/Payangan