“Good food” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Verona is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 197 Restaurants in Independence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Osage St
Independence, Missouri
“Good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2013

very good food me and wife eat here at least once a month very good service and great ribeye with mushroom gravy served on top of mash potatoes great drinks too.thanks for doing a great job café verona

Visited May 2013

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Surprising Find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2013

We were touring Independence on the Columbus Day holiday and during the federal government shutdown. So we were disappointed to find both the Truman Home and Presidential Library closed, as well as many of the shops and restaurants in town. Expecting that we would have to eat fast food, we happened upon Café Verona and were very pleasantly surprised. The menu offered an array of antipasto, salads, pastas and entrees. The food was well prepared and quite flavorful. I had a delicious sweet corn risotto. Our waiter was attentive and friendly.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hilliard, Ohio
“Best Italian I've had”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I had a getaway B&B vacation to Missouri and this was the way to start it out! Romantic and artfully done, this restaurant surprised us. The Trio bruschetta was tasty, salads refreshing and the pasta (sweet corn risotto and artichoke ravioli) was wonderful! Katie was a wonderful server and rolled with the punches..Highly recommended!

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Appleton
“nice outside dining in the courtyard”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2013

We had a very nice meal...my husband had a sandwich, which was quite adequate and I had a nice salad. We ate out in the courtyard, which was delightful. The price was very fair.

We do have a suggestion for the restaurant. Inside there is a lovely booth tucked in the back. We asked to sit there first, but were told it was reserved for the owner's familty. I'm sorry, but that still bugs me. However, I would still go back, since the food was great.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Hervey Bay, Australia
“Great food and gluten free choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I had several choices of gluten free meals and some were modifies for my diet. If I selected large meals they supplied a container and I ate the left overs for lunch the next day.The staff were very helpful checking the meals for my diet..

Visited April 2013