“Loved our stay!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 6 Independence B&B and Inns
Marion
“Loved our stay!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2011

My husband and I had a wonderful time at the Woodstock Inn this week. We stayed for two nights in the Bridal/Honeymoon Suite and loved it. We enjoyed having a separate living area and bedroom area. The king size bed was sooo comfortable. The rooms were clean and nicely furnished and the breakfasts were delicious. We would love to stay again when we are in that area. Thanks.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple

53 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here and couldn't have been happier! Beautiful room, wonderful breakfast, and Pam was very friendly and accomodating! Wonderful place

• Stayed November 2011
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2011

Me and my boyfriend decided to stay here when the original B&B was booked for a special evening. It was just us that weekend since they only been reopened for a few months. I was looking for a B&B that offered not only breakfast but snacks as well. When I called, the innkeeper Pam was very nice, informative and accommodating and this was every-time I called. I wanted to surprise my boyfriend with a couples message and she set everything up and also provided a dvd player so we could watch Tales from the Crypt. After our message, she had fresh baked chocolate chip cookies on the table by our door. We stayed in the Italian suite and the room was decorated nicely and clean. The following morning breakfast was delicious, since I don't eat pork she cooked turkey sausages instead with french toast, juice, chai tea, cheese potatoes and scrambled eggs with cheese. Would definitely recommend this place :)

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2010

I stayed when on a business trip for two nights, I had the best time it was a nice cozy inn. The owners were wonderful and it was a great location from where the conference was held. My compaion and I plan to take a leisure trip real soon just to enjoy our stay as well as some of the sights in the area and places to see along the way. Highly recommend for couples to just get away.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled on business
Kansas City, MO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2008

My husband and I stayed in the French Boudoir for a weekend getaway, and it really did feel like a quaint boudoir! Everything was very clean, and felt private. The hosts were friendly without being too talky/pushy - a good balance! I'd say most of the travellers were older, but there were a few younger couples too. As far as the accomodations, there is a nice little CD player with jazz and classic music available - perfect for relaxing in the two-person jacuzzi! The bath was extremely clean and comfortable, very nice.

Two major things, however. There is no door separating the bathroom from the bedroom - it loops around near the hottub, protecting you by sight but not with any partition. Some people might not be bothered by that but we felt it could be a bit awkward. Also, the shower was quite possibly the smallest shower I've ever been in! Ladies, good luck trying to shave in there!

Aside from that, our stay was wonderful. I wasn't sure what to expect from the breakfast, but it was delicious. A word of caution - DON'T go to one of the recommended restaurants, Salvatore's. We went hoping for a nice little Italian place and it was awful - which was odd, since it came highly recommended by the woman who checked us in! Don't waste your money..you're better off with a chain!

• Liked — Professional staff, clean, great atmosphere
  • Disliked — Awkward room layout
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2008

My husband and I spent one night in the Wedgewood Suite. Our room and the entire place were really beautiful. Patricia and Todd were very friendly and accomodating. The breakfast was delicious too!! Independence is a neat town. We highly recommend staying at the Woodstock Inn B & B when visiting this town.

• Liked — Our room (the Wedgewood Suite).
  • Stayed December 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2007

We chose this B&B for our 10th anniversary and can't say enough about it. We stayed in the Oriental Suite and enjoyed the antique wedding bed and the spa tub by the fireplace. The most romantic room ever! You can't get that in a hotel for $199/night. The owners are unexpectedly sweet and gracious -- aiming to make your stay the best in can be. We are picky and have checked other B&B's, and this one is by far the best. You won't be disappointed. The Independence Square is quiet and lovely. Safe to take a stroll if weather permits, or sit outside and enjoy the beautiful landscaping. Breakfast was fabulous -- we sat outside at a table for two. Unforgettable!

• Liked — Our room (Oriental)
  • Disliked — children playing outside next door.
  • Stayed April 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Woodstock Inn Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!