“Great Choice - Met my Expectations and then some.” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Independence
Southwest Virginia
“Great Choice - Met my Expectations and then some.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Suites for 4 days in March while attending the 2013 NCAA Basketball Tournament in Kansas City. I chose this hotel because it was located just off of Interstate 70 and was only about 15-20 minutes from Downtown Kansas City. This hotel also had a great rate compared to the downtown hotels. I made my reservation through the Choice Privileges 800 customer service number and check in was very quick and easy. The front desk staff were very nice, professional and attentive to the needs of their guests. My room was very clean and very well maintained. This hotel features a good breakfast which is attended by very nice employees who maintain the area throughout the advertised time. The house keeping staff were very efficient and were more than willing to work around my schedule. I must stay that the management of this hotel is on top of things. During my visit the Kansas City Area what hit by a late season snow storm that dropped about 8-inches of snow on the area. When I got up on Sunday Morning the parking lots and sideways were already being cleared. The only issue that I had during my visit was the internet in my wing of the hotel was not working. The front desk employees attempted to resolve the issue with the internet provider’s tech support without success so they ended up moving me to another part of the building where the internet worked great. This hotel is located within walking distance of several restaurants and there are a large number of restaurants just a short drive away. This hotel is just a short drive away from the Independence Historic Attractions including the Harry Truman Presidential Museum and the Truman Home. All in all I was very pleased with this Comfort Suites, the staff and management were great and the rates are very reasonable. I would definitely consider this hotel when I return to the Kansas City Area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, May 26, 2013
Thank you for making the time to write and submit a review of our hotel. Its guests like you who make our jobs of providing the highest standards of cleanliness, service and facilities very rewarding. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013 via mobile

Our non smoking room smelt like smoke. The front desk staff was nice enough to bring some febreeze, which helped. Brenda our breakfast hostess on May 1st) was very attentive, hard working, and friendly. She sought us out to say good bye and have a safe trip.

• Stayed April 2013
KenJacobs, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Thank you for sharing your comments regarding your stay at the Comfort Suites in Independence, MO. We realize you have many choices when it comes to lodging, and we sincerely appreciate your business. I am truly sorry for the smoky smell in your room and hope you will accept my sincere apologies. I'm glad that you were satisfied with our response. We are always very happy when a guest contacts us about the wonderful service they have received. I will ensure Brenda knows what a great job she had done, and also ensure she is recognized for her efforts. We hope to have you as a guest in our hotel again soon.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We stayed here one night while in transit. Overall it was an excellent stay. The room and bed was comfortable and quiet and the staff was friendly. They quoted us the same price as Internet rate even though we didn't have a reservation. Hot breakfast was OK, nothing special. Seemed like a good value and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, April 28, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write and submit a review of our hotel. It is our goal to provide our guests with the utmost in service, comfort, cleanliness, value and facilities, and we really appreciate your recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back on a future visit.
Waterloo
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

Met all expectations. Great location as many restaurants nearby. Staff very friendly and took our needs to heart.
Breakfast well presented and breakfast room well cared for.
While near a busy road room was quiet and different pillows were helpful. Nice to have a sitting area separate from sleeping.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, April 26, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and posting your wonderful remarks, which I have shared with our staff. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and appreciate your recognition of jobs well done. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Champaign-Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013

We checked in at 3am after driving 7hours. Jeremy was awesome! He was very helpful. He had great suggestions about things to do in the area. Kudos on such an outstanding employee!

Brenda the breakfast attendant was the best! I have never met someone so nice and friendly. She went out of her way to make conversation with all of us including my 8 year old son. She did a great job! Also had good suggestions about the area. Stellar employee! 5 stars!

Room Tip: Great location!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, April 21, 2013
Thank you very much for staying with us and sharing your comments. We know you have a lot of hotel choices in our area and are happy to learn we exceeded your expectations. Brenda brings her excellent attitude and wonderful personality to work every day, and sets a great example for the rest of us. I'll be sure she knows of your comments and receives the positive recognition she deserves for being mentioned here by you. I hope you will let us serve you here again soon.
Lake Ozark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

We stayed here two nights on business. Clean, quiet, and love the new beds. The recent remodel made it even more attractive. The staff is great, always friendly and helpful. Fridge, microwave, and great coffee in the room.

There are many restaurants close and several just across the street. Close to Bass Pro and the Independence Mall, along with Target, Wal-mart and Sam's club.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Thanks for choosing our hotel for your recent business trip, and for sharing your comments. It's always nice to hear that our guests were happy with our accommodations and service, and we appreciate your kind words. We hope we can serve you here again soon.
Pickerington, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

We booked this hotel almost 2 months in advance, knowing that we wanted to stay here on our way out to CO ... it was very easy to access from the highway, and is surrounded by a few other hotels and nice eating establishments - the mall in Independence, MO is very close by as well, including other restaurants (including the SMOKEHOUSE BBQ location) and shopping meccas Target and Walmart. The staff is very friendly, Janice was MOST helpful when we arrived - the hotel was still under renovation, so the front lobby was a huge mess. However, for the work that was taking place, it was VERY quite and the workers were courteous to not leave things lying around (such as nails and tools and such). We were disheartened to learn that we would not be able to stay at this hotel on the way back - it turns out they were completely booked for the following weekend (even though we were told from the reservation line that it should not be an issue). However, Janice did help us find another Choice Hotel to stay in for our return trip - something she could have told us to figure out, but we greatly appreciate her assistance and kindness when we had already been traveling 12+ hrs that day. The suites are perfect for a family with kids, and the bathrooms are clean and big - my only "complaint" was that we could hear other people (kids?) singing in the hallway until 10 p.m. at night - we know there was some sort of glee club staying in the hotel (we could hear them singing when we first arrived) - so it wasn't awful, but it did keep the kiddos awake when they should have been sleeping. Otherwise, we recommend this hotel for a short stay, especially if in tow with kids!

Room Tip: Ask for discounted rates when booking over the phone, they are not always available on the internet...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your loyalty to the Choice family of hotels, and for sharing your comments about your stays with us. I'm glad you know you can count on us for a comfortable stay. I'm sorry you were disturbed by other guests and appreciate your understanding. Janice is terrific and I'll be sure she receives the positive recognition she deserves for being mentioned here by you. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again.

Been to Comfort Suites Independence? Share your experiences!