“So Glad I Found This Place!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #2 of 17 Hotels in Independence
Mid-Missouri, USA
“So Glad I Found This Place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

I am from KC originally and have family in the area. We usually stay at the Quality Inn at the Lakewood Exit which is just a couple of miles away from here. I have been very unhappy with that place so I decided to try this one. So very happy that I did. It was very clean, the beds were nice, the large room was incredible, and the best part of all was the breakfast. I am a long-standing member of the Choice Points program and always try to choose one of their hotels. This one will stay on my repeat list!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for giving us a try and for sharing your experience and 5 star rating of us. We really appreciate your loyalty to the Choice family of hotel brands, and are honored to be on your repeat list. We look forward to welcoming you back and serving you here again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Campbell, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We had a great time! This hotel has had many renovations since we stayed there last. HD television, quality bedding & new carpeting throughout! The two queen bed suite with a sofa bed allow space to have our grandchildren for sleepovers. The complete, hot breakfast cover all the basics with quality ingredients. We hosted a pizza birthday party for a grandchild in the dining area and the staff was VERY helpful and accommodating! We will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: We like the back side with a pretty hillside view. We saw LOTS of beautiful birds and even a deer...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your lengthy stay, and for sharing your experiences. I'm so glad you were able to spend time with your family over the holidays, and everyone was comfortable here. We look forward to being your hotel of choice the next time you are in town.
Republic, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2012

We usually stay at this Comfort Suites when visiting the Kansas City area. We were long-time residents of the area and wanted to enjoy Christmas with family and friends in the area. The staff was very friendly, and we were so happy to be able to use the breakfast area to exchange gifts on Christmas Eve. The second floor had been renovated and was very nice. One of the real perks for us is the ability to take our bishon with us. Thank you Comfort Suites for making our two-night Christmas trip a pleasant one.

Room Tip: We chose one on the end for easy access to the outside for our pet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your many visits and nice review. I'm glad you know you can count on us when you want to enjoy friends and family (including your 4 legged furry family members) in the area. Please continue to let us know how we can make your stays more enjoyable in the future.
St. Petersburg, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Although an economy choice, and under renovation, a good choice for business travel. The staff are extremely pleasant and helpful, with Travis being my favorite. A few minutes ago, the maintenance guy jumped behind the counter to grab me some shampoo as staff were tied up. Just a nice, low-key place. Breakfast is ample, hot and cold. Free wifi.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, December 20, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your recent experience at our hotel. Everyone here wants all our guests to be happy they decided to stay with us and your kind word and recognition of jobs well done are really appreciated. We hope you will let us serve you again soon.
Lafayette, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with a friend while visiting the KC area. The hotel is in a GREAT location right off of I70. There are tons of shopping and dining options in the area and the drive to downtown KC is not bad at all...under 20 minutes.

The hotel was extremely clean. I did not see any areas at the hotel that were not well-kept. They were renovating while we were there and things were still clean! Great job by the housekeeping staff!

The Free Continental Breakfast was great. The hot tub was very relaxing and had a perfect temperature. I didn't swim in the pool myself but it looked very nice.

I honestly have no complaints about this hotel. I gladly paid $67 per night and will definitely return if ever back in the area.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, December 18, 2012
Thank you very much for your recent visit and great review and rating. We value all guest input and really appreciate your recognition of jobs well done by our team here. I hope you will let us serve you again the next time you are in the area.
Farmington, Arkansas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

ceilings must be made of paper. How can anyone pace so long into the night and so early in the morning with no regards to anyone below you. Front desk said the first morning after to let them know if same the next night, it was, but front desk said they would call and ask them to hold it down. I figured it would get worse. Really though people some consideration for others.
all I got for coffee was decaff both days even though I said something after the first. hot tub had so much chemical husband couldn't stay in it long at all.
I wouldn't return, not enough bang for your buck.

Room Tip: if you stay here, get the top floor. elevator works fine
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, October 24, 2012
Thank you for sharing your candid comments about your recent experience at our hotel. I am very sorry you were disturbed by other guests, and that you were unhappy with the service and hot tub. Please accept my sincere apologies, and feel free to contact me directly via kenjacobs@zmchotels.com if you would like to discuss this further. I hope you will reconsider and give us another chance to earn your trust the next time you are in our area.
Bloomington, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

My wife and I travel frequently and when we stay in a hotel I always try to choose one of the Choice Hotels. I have always been very pleased with my stays. This time was especially good from the time I made the reservation through my stay.

This trip wasn't for vacation but to comfort my sister and attend my brother in law's funeral. The personnel at the hotel were very comforting and they offered us a bereavement rate that I was not expecting. For a large hotel chain to help families in times of grief is not common in today's business world but it is appreciated by those in need.

Again, I can't compliment the staff here enough. Everyone from the person at the check in desk to the young lady who helped us take care of an equipment problem in the breakfast area everyone has gone beyond what you normally find today as customer assistance.

Dick Troxel

Room Tip: The only tip I have for travelers is to always choose a Choice Hotel when possible
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, October 21, 2012
I am very sorry for your loss, and offer my sincere condolences to you and your family. We want all our guests to have a trouble free and comfortable visit, not just during times like these. Thank you for your loyalty to the Choice brand, and I hope you will let us serve you here again the next time you are in our area.

Been to Comfort Suites Independence? Share your experiences!