“Home away from home.” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Independence, Missouri
“Home away from home.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

A great place for a weekend get away. Great location and a well maintained pool and facilities. Hot breakfast in am. Great service.

• Stayed May 2011
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, February 11, 2012
Thanks for commenting about your recent stay here. I'm glad you are happy with the accommodations and service we provide, and look forward to your next weekend getaway with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2012

My young nephew and I stayed in a room with a king bed and a pull-out couch (which we did not sleep on). The bed was comfortable, the room was very clean and had lots of space. The furniture was well placed and since there was plenty of floor space, was not crowded. The placement of the clothes closet was in the far corner away from the front door so the entryway was not crowded. Finally, a hotel that understands traffic flow! I used the hair dryer, fridge and microwave. I think I saw an iron and ironing board-although I didn't use them-in the clothes closet. We had our family "staycation"--we live less than 10 miles away from this hotel, Saturday afternoon through Sunday morning. We took in Bass Pro and a Mavericks hockey game at the Independence Event Center, both very near by. Breakfast Sunday morning was good and included eggs, sausage gravy and biscuits as well as breads, pastries, waffles and cereals. I will recommend this hotel to family and friends from out-of-town. It was a luxury to stay in a hotel near home and I was thrilled with our choice.

Room Tip: We had a 3rd floor room on the front side which was very quiet on the weekend.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, January 27, 2012
Thanks for choosing us for your recent "stay-cation" - it sounds like you had a great time. I really appreciate that you took the time to share your comments, and hope we can serve you again here soon.
Ottawa, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2012

Comfy bed, big room and very friendly hotel staff. Our bathroom desperately needed renovation but if that's the biggest flaw I could find, I really can't complain.

The hotel was very clean and in a great location close to restaurants and shops. If you need somewhere to stay a few nights in Independence and don't want to spend a lot of money this hotel is a great choice.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, General Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, January 21, 2012
Thank you for your recent visit and for taking the time to rate and review your stay. We are in the beginning stages of a major renovation here, and I hope you will like what you see when it is all complete. We look forward to welcoming you back the next time you are in the area.
Lake Ozark
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

Excellent stay, with a large comfortable room. This is the first time we stayed at this motel and and this is a good value. The staff was great! It's in a good location with several good eating places within walking distance.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, December 30, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to write and share your comments. There is a lot to do in our area, and I'm glad you were happy with your choice to stay with us. We really appreciate your recongition of our efforts, and look forward to seeing you here again the next time you are in town.
Boonville, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2011

I travel often to Kansas City and have stayed at several different hotels in the Independence/Kansas City area. I consider this my first choice. I've continuously had great experiences with this location. The staff is friendly, rooms are spacious and the location is great to many fine restaurants. This stay is a great value for the money.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, December 20, 2011
Thank you very much for your review and rating. I know you have a lot of choices when it comes to lodging in our area and really appreciate your loyalty. Please let us know when you will be back so we can thank you in person.
St. Charles, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

I travel to Kansas City frequently and have stayed at many different hotels with varied price ranges. This hotel is my favorite. Beyone the great value, it is a great place to stay. The rooms are large and comfortable with many extras. I have never had any issues with the free Wifi and rely on that do work in the evenings. From the large selection at breakfast to the pool and workout room, the facilities are what you would find in a much more expensive venue. The staff is always friendly, helpful and very welcoming.

We have also used their conference room facilities which worked perfectly for our needs. While there are many choices in the area, this continues to be the top choice for my business associates and myself.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
I am so glad you are happy here - thanks for taking the time out of your busy schedule to write and post your review and rating. Our location offers convenience and value to all our guests, and we really appreciate your kind words. We look forward to working with you again - please let us know if there is anything we can do to make your visit better.
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2011

I stayed here a couple of years ago, this same time of the year while traveling for the holidays. Then and now I was traveling with a small dog. Back then we received a warm welcome and in the room was a cute surprise of a care package for the dog. This weekend we received no care package, what exactly are we paying for on the $25 pet fee?

This time the bedroom again was clean, however the bathroom was a hairy mess when we checked in. There was hair on the sink, hair on the soap dish, hair in the shower, and hair on the toilet rim. There was also "spashback" dried up on the toilet rim too. We had been driving all day and were just toooo tired to request a different room.

Early the next morning prior to checking out and getting back on the road, I took the dog outside for his daily duty. On the Comfort Suites property the grassy area towards the East side was disgusting. There was more dog deposits everywhere then there was grass. Hopefully guests would pick up after thier own pets, but again what was the $25 pet fee for?

We'll be traveling back thru this coming weekend, for another short night stay as we head home. Maybe we'll see what the $25 pet fee is for?

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
KJacobsVPZMC, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Independence, responded to this review, November 25, 2011
I am terribly sorry you were not happy with your recent stay here. The $25 pet fee is for the extra cleaning of the room after pets check out, so the room is free of any hair or odor, etc. The conditions you describe in your bathroom are unacceptable, and certainly not up to our usual standards. Please accept my sincerest apologies. We have been in touch privately since you wrote this review, and believe you were satisfied with the resolution we agreed upon. If that is not the case, please let me know immediately. I will use your experience in training and discussions to improve our operation here, and hope you will able to write a review that shows how much better your visit was this next week.

Been to Comfort Suites Independence? Share your experiences!