“Tried new things this visit” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #66 of 197 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Barbecue
Blue Springs, Missouri
“Tried new things this visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

I decided to try something different this visit. I went with the Sassy BBQ salad. It was very good. I am certain it was not a low calorie salad but I would definitely order it again. I also tried the Devil's advocate drink. It was similar to a margarita but had jalapeños and a chili powder rim. It was very different from any other drink I have tried and actually quite good. The waitress did mention that I was the first woman that had liked it and it was usually ordered by men.
I have tried the standard ribs, turkey, and sandwiches here. They are always awesome. I like the fact that they have 5 or 6 sauces on the table and you can try them all. The hubbie went with the ribs and burnt ends. His ribs were great. The burnt ends were a little fatty.
We like the restaurant and will definitely be returning many times in the future.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Kansas City, Missouri
“Tasty BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2014

I had ribs and burnt ends. The ribs were wonderful. The burnt ends were in chunks which seemed quite odd, but their flavor was very good. Everything was good--the corn muffin, Wilbur beans, and loaded mashed potatoes were yummy! The pickles were tasty too. I will gladly return.

• Visited August 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“Not so good”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2013

Kansas City/Independence is famous for BBQ, but Famous Dave's is not the best place to eat BBQ. Burnt ends are fatty and tough. Ribs are fair. Best to make another BBQ choice.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Missouri
“Our fifth Famous Dave's”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

New to our community but we have been to the one in Kansas City, KS many times. The food was every bit as good here but the ribs did not seem to be quite as sweet. We did not try the bread pudding which is so good at the other place. The location is central for eastern Jackson County. We were there at 3 pm and had plenty of attention from our server. Our guests were from Brazil and they loved the food.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Independence, Missouri
“wish they had pulled pork and the restaurant is not in overland park ks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2013

Angela largely ignored us. Luckily a management type came by twice and got refill for me and take home containers for partner and me.

Cornbread is by far the best! Perfectly sweet.

Like the Rich & Sassy sauce from the six to choose from.

Pretty good value.