“Never again! Warning to Everyone!” 1 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #103 of 197 Restaurants in Independence
Independence, Missouri
“Never again! Warning to Everyone!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

I have always love IHOP. My kids grew up looking forward to special breakfasts on Sunday mornings - but this place is horrible. My daughter and I were having a meal together and she found a cockroach cooked into her omelet! Needless to say, she became physically ill! The manager was apologetic - but what can you say to make up for that? I will not ever go back and I will warn you, unless you have a desire to eat bugs, not to go either!

• Visited July 2013
    • 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

st louis mo
“Long wait for a Monday morning”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2014

We were traveling through Kansas City and decided to stop here for breakfast. I am glad that we were not in a rush. We were seated and then waited 15 minutes for our waitress to take our drink and food order. We then waited 35 minutes for our food. The food was hot, but not great.

Visited March 2014
Modesto, California, USA
“Worst Service”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Worst service and attitudes among the staff. Felt ignored after we placed our order. Had to refill our own drinks. Couldn't even 'capture' the attention of anyone. Only 1/2 of my meal was delivered to the table. When asked about the remainder, I was given pancakes that were rubberized from sitting under the heat lamps for 45 minutes. Another server swept them up and thoughtfully had a fresh batch made up for me. The wait staff needs an overhaul.

Visited February 2014
Ames, Iowa
“Brunch After Wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

Family being able to get together and visit after a night of fun and dancing at the wedding is important to us. IHOP was close to the motel and a perfect place to gather. The food was good, we had a table that would hold all the family and I loved the music.

• Visited November 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Winnipeg, Canada
“Average Ihop”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2013

Had supper one nite and while waiting for food saw a back table with 2 employees wrapping utensils in napkins to be put on tables and when they sat down they did not have protective gloves on and when picking up utensils instead of picking up by handles they picked up by eating part of fork and by the knife blade, which I presume would have left their finger prints on them-not too sanitary.

Visited September 2013