“Great food” 3 of 5 stars

Good for: Romance, Large groups, Doing business, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: I-70 & Little Blue Parkway
Description: Hereford House is one of America's legendary steakhouses. Great food, casual atmosphere, superior service and reasonable prices.
Los Angeles, California
“Great food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I went here because I had a Groupon, but the staff was unable to process it for some reason, so I had to pay full price. That being said, the food was still delicious, and our waitress was very apologetic about the Groupon mishap.

Visited August 2012
HerefordHouse, Guest Relations Manager at Hereford House, responded to this review, September 23, 2012
I'm so sorry to read about your recent experience with us at the Hereford House. We do participate with Groupon...the exception is Happy Hour, so it sounds like your visit may have hit that time period. Please let us know the next time you visit, we would welcome the opportunity to serve you...and provide the great food and service you've known and expected.

Overland Park, KS
“I know it's a steakhouse, but...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

My favorite dish here is the coconut fried shrimp. Huge shrimp, lightly breaded....awesome. The steaks are always cooked exactly to order. I've never had to send one back, and this is the only steakhouse I can say that about.
Their stuffed mushrooms appetizer is awesome. They're a must-have every time we're there.

Visited June 2012
balsam lake, wi
“Great service, pretty good food, nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

We here for a business dinner. The atmosphere was very nice, We had a private room in the back. The service was good and fast. I ordered a strip steak with mixed vegetables. The steak was good, cooked perfectly, but my side of vegetables looked like it came out of a frozen green giant bag. They were mushy and dull. Not what I would have expected for a $25 meal. We also had the calamari for an appetizer, that was very good.

• Visited June 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Independence, Missouri
“East Independence Meat Lover's Choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2012

For carnivores only. This trip we did the dinner for two selection; share appetizer and dessert, and two entrees. Several good entree choices in this plan; we chose pork chops (2 well seasoned and large) and the 10 oz prime rib. Dessert choice was white chocolate bread pudding, served a flambe at table side and was among the best ever. Service was really quite efficient, especially considering the visitors in town for the I-70 series. Yes, it's pricey, (dinner for two combo is $65 + drinks), but reasonable for a higher end steak house. R&B

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Holden, Missouri
“Nice for lunch too”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2012

Normally I frequent the Herford House for dinner or for something special like a birthday celebration. Lately I have taken guests there for lunch a couple of times and have been very satisfied. The lunch selection is good with numerous choices. I find it a good quiet place to eat and meet over an enjoyable lunch.

Visited June 2012