“Lunch - always good food” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Kansas City, Missouri
“Lunch - always good food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Always good and can depend on this. Servers sometimes not as good as the food, but no one horrible. Fairly quick and awesome beans plus some excellent non-barbecue choices with steak, fish and chicken

Visited September 2013

Independence, Missouri
“Excellent food and service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Seven of us had dinner here, and it was all good! Our server always had a smile, and we enjoyed being at a round table for ease in conversation. This BBQ restaurant is more attractive and roomier than most. All of us had excellent meals---no complaints. The baby back ribs here melt in your mouth. Sides are also good. We eat here a few times a year---always enjoyable!

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great Barbeque”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013 via mobile

We were in Kansas City for 1 day. This place had great reviews and believe me they were telling the truth. My husband is from Texas and is a BBQ connoisseur. We had the dinner for 2 with pork ribs, chicken and brisket. All were delicious. Side dishes of beans and coleslaw really great. Don't miss stopping in if you are anywhere close. We would definitely come here again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“Smokehouse was pretty darn good.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

Spur of the moment for some BBQ is what brought us here for our first visit. Ample parking and the restaurant was good sized with lots of seating. Very comfortable seating for a BBQ place and one thing we really liked was it was QUIET. So many restaurants are LOUD to the point you can't hold a conversation with the person you are with but the way this place is laid out made it not that way at all so for that I would give it 5 stars!

We ordered our food- Me, Super Crispy Burnt Ends, Fries, Baked Beans, my wife had a Pork Platter and a Salad. She enjoyed her food very much and her salad was huge. My meal was just what I wanted... good Burnt Ends but not as "super crispy" as I would have liked but still nice. The Baked Beans were good but as a preference I like mine over cooked, but thats just me. The sauce was a little on the "Ketchupy" side. It wasnt terrible, but I've had better, but again thats just a preference thing. Overall I think its a very good BBQ place with great fast service and good flavored food. We will return again.

• Visited September 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Among the best”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

Smokehouse Barbecue came on the recommendation of a local. It doesn't come up if you Google K.C. Barbecue but it should. Great service, great food, and fast, but hot also. We had a salad with a homemade ranch dressing that was the best ever. We each had a selection on our dinners, with ribs, sausage, pulled pork and chicken among them. All excellent, and with just the right amount of sauce. The slaw that came with it was perfect. Mayonaiise based with a hint of vinegar. There was not one thing wrong with this barbecue. I might drive 4 hours back just to eat there again.

Visited August 2013