“Great Food, service and atmosphere” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
V's Italiano Ristorante is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 218 Restaurants in Independence
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Steakhouse, Pasta
Good for: Romance, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Sterling
Description: Long known as Kansas City's premier Italian restaurant, this family owned and operated establishment has been an important part of the city's dining experience Since 1963. For over 45 years, V's formula for pleasing its guests is simply combining uncompromised service in a beautiful, relaxed environment. Offering a wide variety of authentic Italian specialties and pastas, as well as a complete menu featuring mouthwatering steaks and Prime Rib, succulent seafood such as our Blackened Atlantic Salmon, and fresh poultry as in our Chicken Spiedini, all at moderate prices. Be it a romantic dinner for two, elegant dinner party, birthday or anniversary celebration; you'll understand why V's Italiano has become known as "a nice place to fall in love." In addition, V's also features the "Best Sunday Brunch in Town", an award winning menu & wine list as well as beautiful patio dining complete with a relaxing, arbor covered waterfall. V's Italiano is the areas "must see" Italian restaurant.
Blue Springs, Missouri, United States
“Great Food, service and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

Thes people Gregg and Mary do such a great job running this restaurant from waiting on tables tending the bar or what ever needs to be done to help their employees and customers. The food is top notch. Someone told me to order a steak and I told them I went there for Italian food. Well weeks later I decided to have a steak and you know what it was top notch.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Wichita, Kansas
“Wonderful Italian food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Went here with family, we were attending a Royal's game and Worlds of Fun, happened onto this wonderful place. Would make it a point to return for the great food & bread! Dessert comes with, 2 twelve year olds thought they had gone to heaven !!!

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“I'm in favor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

I went to V's two weeks ago while spending time with family in Independence. My aunt and I had the 1963 50th anniversary special, while my uncle had the prime rib. Salad was nice but unremarkable. Breads were good. The pastas were quite good, but we all agreed that the toasted ravioli appetizer was the high point of the meal

My uncle loved the prime rib.

The staff was exceptionally fun and friendly. I would go back on any excuse.

• Visited July 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
kansas city
“Great Atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013 via mobile

The food is classic Italian food and it is good, maybe you could call it really good, just not excellent. I love the atmosphere, and it is romantic. Much better than an olive garden, and your bill will reflect it.

• Visited May 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“Tyler's Birthday”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

V's has been a family favorite for years. We have celebrated birthdays and anniversaries here with great success! We started this celebration with pomegranate martinis and yummy calamari. Tyler turned 24 by ordering chicken lemonata with a side of spaghetti. My husband chose lasagna, and I had manicotti with meat sauce. Tyler had a salad with his meal while my husband and I had Italian sausage soup. Everyone rated our meals 5 stars! We finished with their famous Italian rum cake!

• Visited July 2013