“Beautiful Hotel, Wonderful Location” 5 of 5 stars

Drury Inn & Suites Independence
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   20300 E 42nd St. S, Independence, MO 64015   |
Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Independence
Belleville
“Beautiful Hotel, Wonderful Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We got extremely lucky because this hotel had just opened & everything was new & in great shape when we stayed last year! The staff was extremely pleasant and helpful, however I do wish they were a little more assertive with other unruly & obnoxious guests. The choices available on the breakfast bar & evening reception was excellent (we weren't even hungry enough to go out to dinner afterward)! The room was very comfortable and we felt safe inside and outside of the hotel. The surrounding area had a lot to offer, there are a lot of restaurants and stores nearby.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Kirksville, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

We stayed here after a Royals game. The staff were great. They were helpful and friendly. They even remembered why we were there and asked how we enjoyed the game.

The breakfast was nice as well. A selection of scrambled eggs, link sausage, sausage patties, potatoes, biscuts, gravy, yogurt, cereal, granola, waffels and drinks.

The room was clean, comfortable, and quiet. The room we were in had only a shower, but it was very nice. Instead of the typical shampoo and conditioner in a bottle, they had those and shower gel in a dispenser in the shower.

This was truly a great stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Newer hotel, I have not stayed @ a Drury Inn in over 10 years. It was a pleasant experience stay. Nice pool and hot tube. Big Room and Free internet and a good Hot Breakfast. Good Meeting Rooms Nice location right off I 70. near Bass pro and a lot of places to eat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
houghton
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

The first time I stayed here I was pleased with the hotel, but there was a girls softball tourney in town and the hotel was over run by the girls and their familles. After one night of kids riding the elevator and running up and down the halls I found another hotel to stay at.
This is my second time at the drury, and though it seemed ok at first, it didn't take long before two busses of high school kids pulled up. My first thought was "fabulous, there goes breakfast, the pool, and 5:30 kick back." All major reasons that I chose to stay here. After only being here about 10 minutes they broke the elevator by filling it to capacity and jumping up and down! I don't mind taking the stairs, but this is Ridiculous! The local fire department showed up around 11 pm to fix the problem. If the Drury Inn and Suites doesn't make some changes, this hotel will be very run down very soon. I really like the hotel, the staff is great, and so are the amenities. I just don't like the fact that they book large groups of children. I don't know if I will stay here again, for that reason only.

• Stayed April 2013
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2013

I am Drury Inn's newest fan! I was not familiar with Drury Inn until a friend recommended this hotel to me. I can not say enough about this place. I absolutely loved it! I booked my room online and paid a very reasonable price. This price included a breakfast, soda and popcorn in the afternoon, dinner and internet access. These were all included in the room price! It was so convenient to have the food right there at the hotel, ready and waiting for you. We didn't have to get dressed up and leave the property to eat. This location also had a heated indoor/outdoor pool which my family thoroughly enjoyed. We swam outside while it was snowing on us! My nephews were so excited! Another huge plus of this hotel was the staff. Every single staff member we encountered was extremely friendly and so eager to answer any of our questions. The staff went out of its way to make us feel so welcome.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I decided to get away from it all and take a vacation to rest. We did not have an itinerary but knew we would start at Kansas City. We chose the Drury Inn because we were able to negotiate a very fair price and they have great accommodations. We ended up staying in Kansas City for 9 days. We stayed at the Drury Inn the whole time. The staff was excellent and very quick to do everything to meet our needs. They cleaned our room and changed the linens whenever we requested this service. One night there was a disturbance in the next room. When we talked to the manager he immediately stated we would be compensated. We were very pleased with how this issue was resolved. This is also a great hotel for family. There is complimentary breakfast and also the evening "KickBack" which is complimentary drinks and food. The food could be the evening meal if you choose, but the menu is limited. We used the KickBack for appetizers some evenings and our meal others nights when we did not feel like dining out.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevators for more privacy.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Salina, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Just got back from a 3 day weekend in K.C. for a wedding. We spent two nights at this hotel. It was amazing. Nothing but great things to say about it. Loved the location, so close to shopping and restaurants. Easy to find, right off of I70 east. The evening snacks and soda in the lobby was great, and the breakfast in the morning was sooooo good. Will for sure stay here again next time I am in the area! Great job Drury Inn!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Independence? Share your experiences!