“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 17 Hotels in Independence
Augusta, Georgia
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

New hotel, comfy beds, clean all around, no smelly rooms, not a single bug, full size containers of shampoo/conditioner/body wash, convenient to I-70 but without the usual traffic noise, nice dining area with plenty of food options in the morning & evening. Had a someone lengthy wait for a front desk attendant who could check me in - though there were other hotel staff who tried to make me feel welcome & apologized for the delay. Would stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Carterville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

This hotel is excellent. The people are friendly, the beds are comfortable and the rooms are clean. The only problem is the noise from interstate 70. If you aren't used to highway noise, make sure your room is on the side of the hotel away from the interstate or you won't sleep at all.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Hamler, Oh
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

This place is 10 out of 10. Each person who we came in contact with from 11:00 am on Friday until we left at 9:00 on Saturday went out of their way to make us comfortable.

We were on motorcycles and the 6 inches of rain made it almost impossible to leave. NO problem - they served a lot of munchie type things with drinks for supper and a nice buffet for breakfast. I wish things would have been hotter or a microwave provided - but that is a little complaint compared to how much praise I could give.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
U.S.A.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

I am very picky about my hotel choices. I expect hotels to be extremely clean, have courteous service and the best bang for the buck. The Drury Inn in Independence delivers on all of those expectations! I had to travel with my dogs, and I was pleased to find that the Drury Inn is pet friendly, and there is no extra charge. I had reserved my room through the Drury Inn web site, and got a great deal at $85 per night using their coupon code. Check-in was smooth and hassle-free. The staff was friendly, helpful and courteous. There is a free happy hour for hotel guest which includes free drinks, popcorn and food. A hot breakfast in the morning is also no charge for hotel guests. There is free soda available all day in the breakfast area, as well as coffee. When I needed driving directions to some of the area attractions the front desk staff were very helpful. Housekeeping did a great job, and the room was cleaned well during my stay, despite the fact I had brought two dogs with me. The Drury Inn chain of hotels should be very proud of this property. Whenever I travel to the area, Drury Inn will be where I stay in the future.

Room Tip: The rooms here are not really sound-proof, as you can hear the hallway noise quiet clearly, and you...
Nebraska, the good life
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This hotel was great except for a few housekeeping issues, which were dealt with professionally and promptly. We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel and it is a great value for the money. The staff is friendly and polite and everyone is very professional. The evening *snacks* are awesome! Breakfast is pretty good--lots of variety. Pool and hot tub very nice as well as the exercise room.

I only have one real negative: you choke when you enter through the main doors as this seems to be where all the smokers congregate. It is disgusting and gross and an eye sore. The smokers should go to another designated area away from the building, or better yet, the hotel should go smoke-free! For those of us with asthma, it makes us sick to have to walk through the smoker's cloud of smoke, and then to reek of second-hand smoke can send me or my son into an asthma attack. Go smoke-free!

All in all, our experience was great and we plan to return to Drury Inns when we can.

Sand Springs, OK.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2012

You can't beat this hotel. It started off great during check in and we never looked back. We decided to stay at this hotel for a quick weekend get away to visit Worlds of Fun. I booked online and when we arrived James greeted us and asked if we were just passing thru. I told him our plans and since we were visiting Worlds of Fun he was able to give us a $15 discount off the price we booked online. He was extremely nice and in fact every single employee was very pleasant. Even the guy cleaning the windows asked how our stay was going. I'm not sure exactly how old the hotel is but it's fairly new, maybe a year old or so? It was very clean and they even had somebody out in the parking lot both mornings sweeping and cleaning up any trash he could find. The bathroom is plenty spacious and the showers are very nice. And of course you can't beat the free breakfast and free reception from 5:30-7pm every evening. While we were there your choices were baked potatoes, nachos, hotdogs, salad, trail mix and popcorn. They also give you a ticket for 3 adult drinks per night. I can't say enough good things about this property.

Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

This hotel is absolutely terrific!!! The Drury offers a complimentary evening meal that was delicious. It was perfect for our family who was tired and hungry. The adults each were given a drink ticket for three free drinks. We had choices of mixed drinks, wine, or beer. The rooms are really nice and comfortable. The complimentary breakfast was great! We highly recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Been to Drury Inn & Suites Independence? Share your experiences!