“I was happy to find a good value that would work for non-smokers” 3 of 5 stars

Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   13710 East 42nd Terrace, Independence, MO 64055-4748   |
Ranked #14 of 17 hotels in Independence
Fairbanks, AK
“I was happy to find a good value that would work for non-smokers”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

I was basically looking for a good price on a hotel that would give me a smoke-free experience. I was so happy to walk in a see signs all over about the fines if you smoke in the room; those signs are always a good indication that my room will not smell like smoke. I got the idea, from other reviews, that all the other value hotels in town are likely to smell like smoke, even a non-smoking room.

My room did smell a little funny but it wasn't smoke or smoke cover-up spray. I got used to the smell after a few minutes.

The beds were fine, customer service was sufficient, room was clean and fairly nice looking. We couldn't get any bandwidth from the wifi. Breakfast was all starches, juice and coffee. My kids really like the waffle maker setup.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Kina G, Public Relations Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City, responded to this review, February 18, 2014
Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at America's Best Value. We pride ourselves on exceptional customer service and clean, comfortable rooms. We have been working on our wifi issue and it is now fixed! We hope you stop in to stay with us again soon!

22 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Nevada, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I highly recommend everyone to stay at this motel. I read some reviews on here before i stopped by at this property and i believe this hotel was very nice and clean. We enjoyed our stay. The rooms looked newly remodeled and the staff was very friendly. We had no problems while we stayed there. We had all what we needed for the one night we stayed in Independence,MO. The breakfast was nice and beds were very comfortable. What else can we ask for??

WiFi and cable t.v is always +++.

We will def be back.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear about your great stay with us. We at America's Best Value, pride ourselves on great customer service and clean, comfortable rooms with affordable rates. We hope you choose us again when you visit the area!
Montana, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

Our hotel room was clean, the hotel staff was very friendly, and it was kid friendly which is great when you travel with 4 kids. The rooms were also surprisingly big. The cost was excellent and we got exactly what we needed for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time out to review your stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves on clean, comfortable, affordable rooms with exceptional customer service and we are happy to see that is just what you received. We hope on your travels for Montana to our area, you choose us again!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013

I selected this hotel based on its high review scores. There was obviously a mismatch between my idea of an excellent rating and previous reviewers.

Checking in was painfully slow after our long day on the road. The signs at the check in desk stating all the things they would call the police for and warning you they would give your personal information to the police didn't exactly give me a warm, fuzzy welcoming feeling. May have been justified though since we saw one of the hotel guests dumpster diving the next morning.

While the rooms had been nicely redecorated, the air conditioning/heating unit had a mind of its own - heat would only come on if you turned the temp to 77 so we vacillated between being too hot or too cold most of the night.

The piece de la resistance was the shower. My husband showered first and he advised me that the water temp was tepid at best. I braved it anyway and was pleased to find the water had warmed a bit but unfortunately it only lasted through washing my hair, not my body. As I stepped out of the shower he advised me to "grab a piece of sandpaper and dry off". Clearly they haven't heard of Downy. Was hoping for a better breakfast selection than white bread, waffles and dry cereal too.

If the room rate had been $20 cheaper I would have shrugged it off as a typical cheap hotel experience but, as it was, this was clearly NOT America's best value!

• Stayed April 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Stopped after reading other reviewers comments. Good price nice room. Nothing fancy but very comfortable. The bed was especially comfortable. Nice breakfast bar. Just coffee toast cereal waffles juice. Perfect for us. Saved for future stops.

• Stayed April 2013
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2013

We booked this room as a stopover point on our way to Lake Ozark for a conference. It was pouring rain when we arrived. Check in was quick and easy and the front desk staff was very friendly. It was very convenient to park right in front of the room, didn't get as wet from the rain that way! The ice machine in the lobby had broken a while before we got there and the repair person hadn't arrived yet, but the manager was able to get some ice out for me to put on my foot, as I had recently had surgery and it was swollen. The room was a decent size, and it smelled as if it had new carpet when we first opened the door. Didn't notice it after that. Mattresses also appeared to be fairly new. Bathroom was a bit on the small side, but that was fine. The towels were a bit thin, but no thinner than the place I stayed in the Ozarks and that was quite a bit more expensive. The beds were comfortable and we had no trouble sleeping. There was also a mini-fridge and microwave in the room. The rate was incredible, $66 with tax (AAA). Can't beat that. The satellite t.v. went out when we were watching t.v. before bed, but there was one heck of a storm going on, so it couldn't be helped. Not the hotel's fault. Breakfast had some choices for cereal, and a waffle maker, coffee, and juice. Just enough. We would stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
bpatel688, Manager at Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City, responded to this review, April 18, 2013
We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and want to thank you for your kind words.Since taking over this property last year my staff and I strive for 100% guest satisfaction. We look forward to you staying with us again next time you are in the area.
Blaine, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My friends & I enjoyed our stay here while mountain biking in the area. The room was very Clean and well appointed. The bathroom was a little small. The staff was friendly and very helpful. It was during a weekend and it was quiet at night and I felt safe there.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
My staff and I wish to thank you for the kind words and we are pleased that you were happy with your accomidations. Please stop by and see us again next time you are in the KC area.

Been to Americas Best Value Inn-Independence-Kansas City? Share your experiences!