“The staff at this hotel are unmatched. They are the best of any hotel I've ever stayed. And I travel a lot!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Staybridge Suites Kansas City - Independence

Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013

The friendliest staff. The hotel is clean! This staff were like family to me away from home. I stayed there for over a year and I always felt like I was coming home to my family. I even began to refer to them as sister!
There were always delicious cookies at the dinner bar Which was convenient three evenings a week.
For my birthday they even had a
special cake made for me. I was completely surprised! it was a home away from home and some of the nicest people I have ever met. Staybridge is a winner!

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
McAllen, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

We enjoyed the large rooms and the beds were comfortable. THe air conditioner worked well too. There are about 6 gas grills out by the pool if u want to grill out. The breakfasts were good too. The front desk was very accommodating and friendly. The laundry room was also very nice.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

I have no complaints about the facility at this hotel, however I would not stay here ever again due the the people that stay here full time. There is a man named Tom? that "lives" here, He wears a bandana and is always either sitting at the front desk like he works there or in the lobby/eating area. He is rude and acts like he owned the place. I was there with a group and he very rudely and aggressively told us we needed to leave one night because we were too loud.It was 10pm and some of the group were being a little loud during their game. We agreed, but the hotel staff should have been left to handle it in a different way. She let us have the conference room. He walked around all week bossing people around and it seems that the staff is scared of him. There is also an older couple who live there, The woman is around at all times and will walk past and make rude comments or complain about what we were doing. She got upset one night because we were using the counter in the common area to sort our pictures and she wanted it for her husbands birthday cake. Mind you, it was probably about 9:30 at night and it was a bar height counter and he uses a walker and can not stand for long periods. She just wanted to complain, She walks around during breakfast giving people dirty looks and mumbling about whatever she can think to complain about. The staff have their hands tied trying to keep the "locals" happy while they upset people that are staying there on a short term basis.

Room Tip: If you get a room near elevator, you will here it running all day and night.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Kansas City - Independence, responded to this review, August 17, 2013
Dear Frost79,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel. Please accept our deepest apologies for the issues you had encountered during your stay. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the other guests at the hotel has been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Janice A
Case Manager
IHGCare
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Instead of a warm welcome, we recieved a "warning" since we came with a large group. No privacy when checking in. I had to wait for a huge poodle to get out of the way and for a gentleman to finish his conversation with the hostess before checking in.
I requested a first floor room. I was told that it was just a "request" and a first floor rooms have not been available. So why take note of my request if the first floor rooms were completely booked? I was also told by the hostess that an upgrade to a one bedroom was not available but I called the day before and was told one bedrooms were available. So the first night we had a second floor room. AC did not work well. The hostess was notified and offered to move us to a different room but 10pm was too late for us. And I was told having the unit at 60 degrees would freeze out the unit but we were uncomfortably warm. 3rd day we moved to a first floor room with a huge stain on the carpet and what appeared to be crusty stuff on the sofa. Our large group was constantly being "policed" by one hostess which made our stay a little uncomfortable. The elevator and hallways were dirty and warm. A gentleman that practically lives at the hotel complained about our large group several times. We were there for vacation/sport travel- not for work. So if you are llooking to have a great time- do so in a whisper and before 10:30 at night in the common area. Parking and exit doors are not convenient. There's not a great place to let your dog exercise outside. The plus side of our stay would be the breakfast, dinners and drinks. Fountain soda available all day. The cooking and cleaning staff were very friendly and helpful. And Beth, she was very sweet.

• Stayed July 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Staybridge Suites Kansas City - Independence, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Eflores8199,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. It is very unfortunate that we fell below your standards on many aspects of this visit. I apologize that your room's condition was not up to par. Your comments will be shared with the hotel management and appropriate action will be taken to rectify these unsatisfactory instances.

We hope you give us another chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Pam G
Case Manager
IHGCare
New Paris, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This hotel provided my family and I with outstanding service, great rooms, professional, considerate and hospitable staff all around. Breakfast was tremendous. Hotel was all we needed and more. We will be back If we are in the area again. Thanks again.

• Stayed November 2012
LChapman511, General Manager at Staybridge Suites Kansas City - Independence, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you dearly for taking the time to write your review! We are so pleased to hear about what a great stay you had while visiting! We will look forward to seeing you on your future visits to Independence!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

For a family reunion or a large party, this offers a good alternative to other hotels. Since breakfast, which is great by the way, is included and you have the ability to cook in your room it is an economical way to travel and avoid spending a lot to dine out. Good central gathering area, but rooms close to it are noisy. The staff is friendly and very helpful. The dogs are cute and I liked them but if you're not a dog person you wouldn't want to hang out in the central area.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us for your visit to the Kansas City Area! We are indeed an economical choice for traveling families and pet lovers! And though we are pet friendly, we do ask that our guests keep their furry friends away from our guests' common areas. We hope to see you again during your next visit to the Kansas City Area!
Saint Peters, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

The property was nice. However, the hotel being a independent franchise of Holiday Inn pulled a trick that I have never seen in all my years of travel.

I check in a day early for a 2 night trip. The next morning, I told the service staff that I did not need room service. I left and came back in 20 minutes to be met by the service staff who told me that I was not suppose to be checked in the room. I went to the front desk and was informed that somehow the system has me a "No Show" and that I was being billed for it. No big I stayed in the room anyway. The next morning, I got my bill and the total was correct for 2 nights but it stall said "No Show" on the bill.

A few days later I looked on the Holiday Inn web site to check the point balance. As a Platinum member of Holiday Inn, I always check for errors. Well, I was not credited for the one one the hotel said I was a no show. I called the service desk for Holiday inn and the service desk called the hotel to check this out. Staybridge told the service desk that I didn't check in and I was a no show. The hotel even LIED about signed check in record.

Holiday Inn was kind enough to credit me my points plus some extra for my aggravations. Bottom line, independent owners have to pay for the points given members and this hotel did not want to pay for points.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Valued Platinum Guest,

I am very sorry to hear of the problems you had encountered. I feel that there may have been some miscommunication regarding your points and an error made on our part regarding your billing. Most importantly, I would like to apologize on behalf of the entire staff. I will certainly look into what had occurred at check in, and address or train the team member(s) responsible. Regarding your PC Points, we not only know how important points are to our guests, but feel that our loyalty program would not be as successful as it is without guests like you. In efforts to make this up to you, please contact me at the hotel directly and I will be happy to review your account. Again, we value your feedback and hope to see you again in the future! I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Lindsay Chapman
816.994.2700
LChapman@noblehospitality.com

Been to Staybridge Suites Kansas City - Independence? Share your experiences!