“Everything a motel should be.” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Independence
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Clinton, Arkansas
“Everything a motel should be.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Every year I spend a week in KC watching the Royals. I have stayed everywhere you can think of in Independence, but now my search is over. This is the best of the bunch. The staff was as friendly, helpful and cordial as you could wish for.

The room was great. I had a Queen suite and it was plenty big. The kitchen was nice and fully stocked. My only complaint, which is the same complaint I have at every suites, is that the ice maker takes so long to start making a useable amount of ice. No problem if you are there for a week, but very frustrating if you are there for just one night.

The front desk was exceptional. They helped me book some rooms for a Bruce Springsteen concert in November--they went out of their way to help me get conneting rooms for me and my grandchildren.

Definitely my "go to" place in Kansas City. Excellent! One night at the social they had hamburgers and hot dogs. They were better than a lot of hamburgers you would get at fast food.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Durham NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

Booked a number of rooms (11 to 13) over multiple days. All the other reviews cover most of the bases. Will only add that for those staying a week or more, a Costco is just around the corner for basics, a full mall is just across the street, and a full service hospital is around the corner (one of our family had to use the ER during the stay). Very short drive to all the sites in Independence (Turman House, Turman Library, etc) as well as a 20 minute drive to downtown Kansas City. The Tuesday thru Thursday evening meal is just that, a full meal after which there is no need to go out to dinner. Used a dedicated room as a Hospitality Room which could easily handle 12 to 15 people at a time to talk and gather. The "Great Room" also service as a very good gathering spot.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Glen Carbon, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

My first Staybridge Suites experience and the next time we take the grandkids on a trip I will look for one of these! This property is fairly new. Great friendly staff - fun atmosphere. Great suite! And it really is a suite - not a just a few extra feet of space with a loveseat squeezed in. And the kitchenette is nicely tucked into the corner by the door, not right next to the bed. As it is newer, it is nicely furnished - lots of quality furniture, nice carpet, excellent bed and bedding. Furniture is larger than most places - a spacious desk and large nightstands. TV etc was fine. What I really liked was the "hall table" that extra bit of surface space that most hotels seem to be missing. Cute little living room, nice bedroom area and divided bath with the sink outside of the tub/toilet area. I know some people don't like this, but the counter area and sink storage were spacious. and a great real closet, with some horizontal lower shelves and a laundry basket. Overall the space was comparable in size to a couple of senior assisted living apartments that I have seen. And an excellent courtyard - when I arrived at 6ish (pm) groups of people were gathered around the area at tables with adult beverages they had brought and it is a great place for socializing. There are also a couple of outdoor areas with grills to grill your own food. Did not get to use the pool or hot tub, as I was out for the evening until pool closing time - but there were still people in there and it looked like a great fun hot tub and pool combo. In the am I had coffee out there and it is also a lovely garden area. Breakfast was super - and they keep refilling right up until the end. I did notice that I could hear noise from other rooms - but I travel with a small fan for white noise and had no problem sleeping.

Room Tip: I stayed on the ground floor by the pool - actually pretty quiet but I am a late night person.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

From the moment I arrived, I was greeted and helped by an extremely helpful host on both trips. They explained everything to me about what I call benefits of staying at Staybridge! Breakfast and dinners included, cozy pool and hot tub, hands down the friendliest staff I have ever encountered at a hotel. From now on when I travel, it's Staybridge for me, even if it means I have to drive a little further! Just can't be beat!!! Thank you all for making my stay extremely pleasurable. And thank you for honoring my military service, it means a lot to us veterans!

Room Tip: I stayed on the second floor on both visits so far; not a single complaint!!!!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2012

I recently had 8 weeks of training in Kansas City and was worried about where I would be staying for such a long period of time. From the moment I checked into Staybridge I felt welcome and comfortable. The room i was staying in was well provided with a stovetop, microwave, good sized fridge, and comfortable bed. Everything about my first half hour at Staybridge was impressive, and I could easly spend 8 weeks in a place like this. To my surprise a great room and great hotel was filled with great people, not the snobby people you would expect from a well kept and run hotel. These people were some of the friendliest people i have encountered on the road. From Mike the GM who runs this great hotel to Luis who cooks and serves most of the meals, these people were top notch. I trained during the day, so I didnt have much interaction with the daytime crew at the hotel, but I have to say that the night crew who ran Staybridge, Antionette, Tayler, and .....Morgan, were people who, after 8 weeks, you didnt just feel were workers at the hotel, but friends. These people are some of the most welcoming people I have ever had the chance to talk to, and the did one hell of a job at answering any questions or any requests I had.
To anyone who has a long trip comming up in the future, I would highly recommend Staybridge Suites, Independence MO, and enjoy every minute of it.
One more tip, make sure if you do visit, goto the Longhorn steakhouse in LeeSummit, one of the best Longhorns Iv'e ever been to. B )
Tobin66

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
pacific northwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2012

Perfect ! Beautiful suite, super comfortable furnishings, wonderful breakfast, really friendly front desk staff, tasteful common areas. Will definitely stay again when in the KC area.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Conway, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2012

This is my second time staying at this hotel. I went early one morning after I had been to a concert.The room was nice and clean. The front desk person was nice and helpful. My problem was housekeeping knocked on my door 3 separate times! I checked into my room after 3 am so was trying to sleep til checkout. The issue was I didn't realize they have magnets instead of the hanging thing for the door to say do not disturb. This could have been because I was sooo tired. It would've helped in a situation like this for the front desk person to mention to put the magnet on the door if I wanted to sleep late. I'm not sure what the housekeeping policy is but they knocked on my door at 9:30, 10:30, and 11:30. I didn't get up because I was not fully dressed to open the door. It was just so frustrating considering I had a long drive ahead of me and was trying to get as much sleep as possible. Other than this problem, I love this hotel. I just will know next time to use the magnet for my door if I want to sleep in.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo

Been to Staybridge Suites Kansas City - Independence? Share your experiences!