“Not as good as it was...” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Reservations
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“Not as good as it was...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

I was here the last week of June. We came for lunch and were disappointed to see that sauerbraten was not on the lunch menu. I was looking forward to it especially. We had 5 adults in our party (there were also 3 children with us but I had brought kid food for them) and it took 40 minutes to get our meals. Apparently the order from a party of nine had beat ours to the kitchen. Please hire another cook! I had the beef lover's sandwich with the german potato salad on the side. Sandwich was good, but the salad was bland. Not enough vinegar in it. My husband said the red cabbage side dish was good. I won't remember this place as fondly as I used to.

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

76% Recommend
Centerville, Texas, United States
“Loved this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

My husband and I were in Kansas City on a business trip, we stayed in Independence and found this lovely little German Restaurant on the downtown square. My Mom is German...so anytime we find a German restaurant we try them....and we were not let down by the Rhineland Restaurant! I would recommend this restaurant for sure to anyone wanting to enjoy a wonderful German dinner. The food was great and the staff was wonderful!! We will be back!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
West Hartford, Connecticut
“Excellent German food & friendly service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Just down the street from the ticket & information center for the Harry Truman Home, this restaurant serves excellent German fare, with a wide range of familiar dishes. With friendly service, it was obvious that this restaurant is a favorite with local residents. As tourists, we felt lucky to have chosen it for lunch.

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Redmond, Oregon
“Good German Restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

The food here was good German fare. We lived in Germany for two years so we recognize good German food. We had the schnitzel and it was excellent. I recommend this restaurant.

Visited April 2013
“Authentically good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

I don't know if it is authentic German food but it is always authentically good food. I think their prices are a little high ($3.25 for a glass of tea) but the food, service and atmosphere make up for it.

• Visited April 2013