“Good value” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Parta Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Manggis
Parta Inn
You added Parta Inn to your Saves list
Jalan Segara | Gang Tokol, Manggis, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #13 of 13 Manggis B&B and Inns
Coron, Philippines
“Good value”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2013

Very cheap accomodation, we got a room at ground floor, really basic but what can you expect for 100.000rp x night for two people? We also got free breakfast, and u have a large choice so how can u complaain?! Of course is not the four season but look at the price!
Ps : no bed bugs or ant or spider in my room, which was the cheapest.

Stayed November 2013

Families
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Kukutyim
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

My boyfriend and I just arrived to Padang Bai when the owner of the hotel came towards us and offered his services. We went to the hotel and looked the room. It is a nice place in a street, which is just beneath the loud main street. You get some welcome drink, the staff is nice and the building has a balcony at the top decorated with flowers everywhere around.

There was really hot in the room, which we could not cool down with the fan through the whole night. Despite we slept well. The hotel is safe, we left our cameras also there and found everything on the place where we had put before.

We liked the breakfast too, it was tasty. The woman who served it, gave us breakfast even earlier, when we had to leave early.

The big problem was, we booked two tours with Mr. Parta and by neither of them we got what we payed for. He confused us with the Rinjani tour, it turned out that we don't have 3 days just 2 to complete the tour. He convinced us however that we can complete almost the whole tour on 2 days too. We experienced first in Senaru that it is not the case. Mr. Parta told us furthermore, that everything is included, but one night lunch and hotel. That was also not true.

The second tour we booked by him, was a boat trip to Komodo. He didn't write the travel agency name onto the bill, however he showed us the Perama tour and requested as much money as it costs, but booked us by the cheapest company with completely different conditions. It was a huge dissapointment, which accompanied us through the whole boat tour. On this "all inclusive" and for us specially expensive boat tour we also had to pay again for "all inclusive" services.

Even today I think of him and his hotel with a bitter taste in my mouth and I regret I chose him as a tour operator. The hotel is ok, but don't book any tours there, if you don't want to pay much more than the tour costs!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

I initially booked the room for 5 nights, specifying an upstairs room with hot water and a/c. On arrival we were given a choice of rooms, one of which was the 'Honeymoon' room. It was an extra 150,000 so we decided to take the original room type at 250,000. The room itself looked fine - it had two beds rather than the double requested, and we were told we could change rooms after 1 night. one negative we noticed was that rather than a door, the bathroom was separated from the bedroom only by a shower curtain...so you either had to announce to the other person when you wanted to use it, or be very comfortable with them!
Because we were going to stay for 5 nights, the owner Made, reduced the room rate to 220,000 a night including breakfast. He did then ask us to pay the money, but we explained we didn't have the full amount and so instead paid a deposit of 500,000.
We then went out for a walk and dinner, a couple of drinks and returned to the room at about 11pm. I first noticed a couple of very small bugs, only about 1-2mm big, crawling on the pillow. I didn't think much of it, and just killed them. I then noticed a mich larger bug, about 5-6mm big on the wall next to the bed. I killed that too. Looking at the sheets on the beds, it was possible to see very many small brown/black spots, covering the whole of the sheets. Never having encountered bed bugs before but being suspicious, I looked on the Internet (yay for smartphones!). I found photographs of bed bugs ranging from just hatched to full grown, which were identical to the bugs I'd killed. I also found photographs/descriptions of bed bug evidence such as old blood spots on sheets. As I was checking this, more and more bugs began emerging, running across the mattresses and pillows. Unfortunately because it was now about 12am, nobody was around to complain to, and all other homestays and hotels were closed. As a result, the night was spent sleeping on a towel (of my own) in a corner on the floor, as far away from the beds as possible. The only positive was that we hadn't unpacked any clothing because we had been due to move to a double room the next day.
In the morning, we finished putting toiletries back in our bags and went to explain we were leaving. Made apologised but didn't seem surprised at all to be told about the bugs. (The fact that they ranged from adult to just hatched shows it was not a new problem). He said that they cleaned the bedding etc about 3 times a week, but that it was difficult and expensive to get rid of the bugs. He also mentioned that people who kept coming from the Gili islands who hadn't washed for a week also were to blame for bringing the bugs with them. He e did immediately offer to pay the rest of our deposit back, and said we could leave our bags while we looked for somewhere else to stay. He did warm us that anywhere near him would also have bed bugs, because they were older buildings and the owners all used old mattresses. He recommended a place his friend ran instead - newer and further up the beach.
Since we wanted to check things for ourselves, we went next door to Dharma Homestay - a lovely place (please see separate review). Here we were shown rooms which hadn't been cleaned yet (it was only 9:00am) and so we could look quickly at the bedding (sounds gross, but it was actually a positive thing because it meant we could look for any spits of blood left from bug bites). The sheets were spotless and the walls free from bug splatters! We booked the room, and went back to Parta Inn to collect our bags and money. When we left, Made was nowhere to be found and only his sister and the lady who had given us breakfast were downstairs. His sister handed us 250,000, when we had been expecting 280,000. When we asked for the extra, both women apologised but said that was the money he had given them to give to us before he left. Although we were angry, it was not the women's fault and so we left. I can only guess that he kept 250 not 220 because we stayed for 1 night (on the floor!) not the 5 originally booked. Disgraceful behaviour really, as if he bothered to actually spend the money and clean all his bedding properly, he wouldn't have a bed bug problem and we would have stayed. Finally, when we spoke with the owner at Dharma and explained what had happened, he said this happened all the time. People stay there one night and then look for new accommodation the next day.
I strongly recommend that no one stay here in any room type at all. Unless of course you want to have bugs crawl and bite you while you sleep, and potentially infest your clothes and luggage, giving you a gift to carry with you on your travels...

• Stayed August 2013

Travelers are raving about these Manggis hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Myself and a friend stayed here for one night just this week. Like others have said a man was waiting a we got off the panama shuttle bus and showed us to the accomodation. On first glance it was nice, a typical budget homestay, bathroom a little shoddy but what can you expect for 150rp. We decided to take it. It is in a good location but then I can't see how it cannot be in such a small village like padangbai. Then again the noises down the back alleys during the night are Suprisingly loud!!! Especially as the windows had large gaps in them, be warned of constant scooter engines and roosters ALL night long. However it was when I was just about to fall asleep and noticed the insects on my pillow when I really found it difficult to sleep. I shrugged it off at first thinking it was nothing, then 5 mins later my friend found the same thing. Upon lifting the sheets back we noticed they were everywhere an kept appearing from no where! Safe to say it wasn't the best nights sleep. Can't really comment on service, we barely saw anyone, apart from a lady in the morning who served up the wrong breakfast. Same issues as below with air con and wifi also. We didn't see any other accom in padangbai but wish we had, we stopped by the zen inn for a drink upon leaving the village and although didn't see inside we met the owner - an English chap who sempt very nice and was rather sympathetic towards our unpleasant stay

• Stayed July 2013
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013 via mobile

Don't expect too much from this place. When I arrived there was someone else's underwear still in my bathroom (so probably not cleaned since the last person has left) and the sheets and pillow cases didn't seem very clean, too. I have travelled a lot and definitely stayed in better places for less money. However, the owner and other staff have been really nice and helpful and they have good breakfast (your choice). The place is just a 5 minute walk from the harbor and from perama shuttle stop.

• Stayed May 2013
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2013 via mobile

There was no water in the ewening to take a shower (there was a water and cup). The dishes at brakfast were dirty, but the terase and view were nice.
I would recomendet to take another place, there are many!

Darka

• Stayed April 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

When we arrived by bus at padangbai someone came to us and offered to check out his hotel. It was only 1min walking. The price was 150.000 for the room, breakfast included. We only stayed there for one night. If I had to stay there more nights I think I would have checked out other placets to stay. The aircon didn't work very good, the bathroom was not very clean and the bedsheets were so so. We are backpackers travelling for 5months so we have steen some places. Although its kind of cheap, we stayed at better places for this price. The people from the hotel were very friendly and helped us a lot. The breakfast was good. All together it was ok but not the best place in town.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Parta Inn? Share your experiences!