“Awesome atmosphere, great for budget travellers” 5 of 5 stars

Bamboo Paradise Homestay
Jalan Penataran Agung, Manggis, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #4 of 13 Manggis B&B and Inns
Australia
“Awesome atmosphere, great for budget travellers”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

First, I stayed in a dorm which was clean and most comfortable. Ayesha (the owner) was away at the time and the girls she left in charge were friendly, genuine and ever so accommodating. I was having phone problems and they offered their mobile phone which really helped me out. Moreover, they made me feel welcome and gave me great local insight into Pedang Bai. The breakfast is delicious! I loved this place so much that one week later, I returned with my partner. This time, we stayed in a budget double room which was clean, cosy and perfect for us. Ayesha had returned and it was so nice to speak with her and learn about Pedang Bai from her experiences and knowledge. I cannot say enough nice words about Bamboo Paradise. I recommended to all! Thank you for having us, next time we are in Pedang Bai, we will no doubt be returning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Brighton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

During my stay in bamboo paradise, staying the dorm room, the staff were very friendly and accomadating, giving me and my friends tips on what they thought were good places to eat, visit ect. This turned out to be very useful with a beautiful beach just down the road and cheap food not far if you're on a tighter budget. The accommodation also offers good WiFi, clean toilets also hot showers, big beds and a nice chill out area to meet people. My and I friends had many good nights there and even extended our stay twice. I would love to go back some day and i would recommend staying at place, after all we only stayed there as it was reccomemded via a fellow traveler!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

I stayed for 3 nights. The breakfast is delicious with different meals to choose. Clean and with a nice garden. The woman who owns the place is pleasant but a little focused on money and you don't have to believe everything she says. And as there have been one couple arrived and could only stay for one night because she was booked out she sent them to an hotel instead the other hostel in town.
What most annoyed me was the near main road which was very loud throughout the hole day and late in the night. Nevertheless I enjoyed the stay.

• Stayed September 2013
ayesha k, Owner at Bamboo Paradise Homestay, responded to this review, October 2, 2013
Dear Tornado, i'm very happy that you did enjoy your stay with us. But really don't understand where your personal attacks towards me are coming from and why :?
First of all i, m not focused about money at all .
Then when i give advice or tips about the area or anything for that matter , it's based on personal knowledge and experience . I absolutely don't have intention or reason to tell people things that are not true.
When i try to look for other accommodation for people , when i'm fully booked , i always send them to a place in the same price range and facilities, So i really do not understand where that hotel story is coming from ?
Kind regards
Ayesha
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for several nights, the rooms are spacious and clean. Very friendly staff and the owner Aysha is a great help for all your questions... Nice and relaxed atmosphere for meeting new people... Good location within walking distance of all facilities...excellent overall!

Bruchsal, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

The hostel is very nice and cozy. The staff is really friendly and very helpful with everything, any question we had was answered more than detailed and one of the girls helped us out with her phone when we needed to make a local phone call. They offer to arrange fast boat trips to Lombok or the Gilis but if you don't want it they don't try to sell you all the time. We stayed in a private room which was clean and nice. They have a very nice sitting area. Breakfast is very good, you have the choice between different breakfast options.
The location is good, very close to the harbor.
The beach that you reach by walking a few minutes across the hill is very nice, and the small food stalls there offer good food.
Padang Bai is a nice little town and should we get back there, bamboo paradise will be the place to stay again!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Reservation made thru email quick and friendly. Location is not on the main strip but close enough. Beach right next to it is nice. My private room was super clean but quite noisy (you can hear the other guests talking and having drinks just outside your room) . Breakfast included is a real plus. What makes it special is the very nice staff and manager. Overall good vibe!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

We just stayed one night in this hotel but had a great time. The staff especially Cécile has been excellent providing great customer service and info about boats and snorkeling spots. It is a very good value as rooms are clean and confortable. We will definitively go back there in case we go back in the area.

• Stayed August 2013

Been to Bamboo Paradise Homestay? Share your experiences!