“Great choice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Padangbai Beach Homestay

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manggis
Padangbai Beach Homestay
You added Padangbai Beach Homestay to your Saves list
Jalan Silayukti, Manggis, Bali 80872, Indonesia   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Manggis
“Great choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

Good value! Nice little yard with à pool. Pool
À bit To warm. Big rooms, good beds. Straight at the boulevard.
NeXT To favorite bar/ restaurant Topi inn.
Had To ask for extra sheet, they offer only à blancet type , but got them for Free.

• Stayed January 2013

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Winnipeg
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

We stayed here 3 nights and found this to be a very comfortable stay and good value for the money. Our bungalow was roomy enough, clean, and the grounds were gorgeous. There is also a lovely pool that was perfect for our two young kids. Service is friendly and helpful, though you'll get a better price on a taxi if you just get one off the street. Breakfast is pretty good too. The location is also great, within walking distances of the beaches and good restaurants, but the bungalows feel quiet and secluded.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Garboldisham, null, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

We loved the set up of the little houses around the gorgeous pool - the outside toilet and shower was a little basic but for the money we paid it was excellent value and we would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Byron Bay, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

We were booked in Padang bai Beach Homestay in August for 3 days. If we liked it we were going to book another 2 days then 6 days during August. We have friends in Padang Bai and were using it as a base to go to Candidasa and the Gili Islands and then spend time with our friends

We confirmed our booking and EVEN our room by a friend in hospitality weeks before we arrived. Our room was given away the day before we checked in because "a couple book more days than you" . . . UNBELIEVABLE

When we arrived we were put in a room overlooking the car park NOT the pool. I went to front office to confirm a booking we had with a fast boat company to the Gilis. The officious girl there said "Phone no work" I asked her could we put our passports and money in their safe (none in room - this was ok) She bellowed "NO SAFE".

Some people should just not be in the front line of accommodation. She had absolutely no people skills what so ever and was in fact rude - on many occasions during our stay. When we went to settle I produced my debit card - She again officiously replied "NO CARD - ONLY CASH"

I outlined my dissatisfaction with her treatment of us and her lack of respect and manners and was leaving when two separate couples in the restaurant said to my partner and myself - "good on you - that's how we feel" ALSO This was the MOST EXPENSIVE hotel on the strip at Padang Bai.

This was such a shame because most of the other staff were friendly helpful and had great personalities and a sense of humor
I am very easy to get along with - love Bali and have NEVER had any dramas with staff anywhere on the island and I don't particularly enjoy criticizing people but my father in law ran successful restaurants and nightclubs in Australia - and he always said it's better to know any complaints or dramas you have - then it's possible to fix them and save face AND clientele

WE WILL NEVER RETURN TO PADANG BAI BEACH HOMESTAY AGAIN
WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND IT TO ANY ONE
AND
WOULD RATHER SLEEP ON THE BEACH OPPOSITE

Room Tip: DONT GO THERE - Head to Padang Bai Beach Resort/Bungalows OR Puri Rai
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Poole, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Been to Bali on 3 visits now to do some diving. As a well travelled diver I have experianced my types of accomodation.

Padangbai Beach Homestay worst I have ever stayed and way overpriced.

Don't order fresh orange juice in the restaurant unless you want a glass of water with juice from 1 orange added to it!!!!!!!!

Can't comment on the better accomodation but stay clear of the standard.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Tired of the over-crowded and increasingly Westernized Bali of the Kuta-Legian-Semniyak "Strip? Even Ubud? Then DEFINITELY come to this seaside piece of Paradise, before the developers get there. The Padangbai Beach Home Stay is owned by the non English-speaking village elder, the wise but sleek looking, 55 year old, Mr. Putuh, and it is run by his business savvy wife, Dani, who sopeaks English. This is not your hip, Euro, Bloo Lagoon deal, but the PBHS' pool and garden are worth the stay alone, particularly if you remember why you came to Bali, for its seaside quiet, its white sandy beaches (Padangbai has one of the most reknowned white sand beaches in all of Bali, not to mention an untouched black sand beach in adjacent Mimba), its whispering winds, and its night time lack of bustle. Still, there are many excellent, local & "bule" (Indonesian gringos) fish restuarants, and plenty to do in Padangbai like diving, swimming, mostly chilling out, and of course, taking the ferry to the Gili Islands or to Lombok. I stayed 10 days, got to know the staff, and was even invited to Mr. Putoh's private residence, that looked like 5 Hindu-Bali temples in one, made in his village elder image.

The rooms are very comfortable, finished in local bamboo, and there's a choice of AC or fan, hot or cold water, double or twin beds, budget for 250,00 rupiah during low season (500,000 in high), to pretty deluxe overlooking the sea. I loved the staff although I made an effort to get to know them, but that's exactly what I like to do when I travel, meet the local people, learn the customs, see "real life". I do not travel for luxury, entertainment, or night life. If YOU do, maybe you should stay in Kuta-Semniyak, or take the speed boat to Gili Trawangan where you can get high and drunk with the other partiers.

This was the place for me. I'm coming back!

Room Tip: Depends on your budget. I went for the inexpensive room and became part of the life of the place and...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2012

The rooms are large and comfortable and laid out around the swimming pool. Aesthetically it is perfect. However, the service is disappointing and the staff are not helpful. There is no shampoo or shower gel. You can buy some for 500 rupiahs - given you are paying 450,000-600,000 for the room it would be good if they included this. I asked for mineral water but again this is not provided. The breakfast is minimal but adequate. They will clean your room if you ask them. It is a shame that such a beautiful place is let down by poor service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Been to Padangbai Beach Homestay? Share your experiences!