“Good clean spot with pool, overnighting before Gili's.” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Kerti Beach Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Manggis
Kerti Beach Inn
You added Kerti Beach Inn to your Saves list
Jl. Pantai Silayukti, Manggis, Bali 80362, Indonesia   |
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Manggis
Nottingham
“Good clean spot with pool, overnighting before Gili's.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

We came here by chance just for a night. The rooms were spotlessly clean. On the small side but fine (double and single bed). Big bathroom with hot water. little terrace with drying rack in front overlooking central courtyard with frangipani trees. The pool is nice for a dip and clean, a couple of loungers too. It is right on the main strip with the beach across the road. Breakfast is ordered downstairs and eaten on your balcony (but we were melting in the sun so sat inside) as the main restaurant serves the arriving coach loads of people for the boat trip accross to Gili islands. Bargain for a reasonable price. All in all a decent stay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Bali, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

I am the owner kerti beach inn would like to thank all the guests who have stayed my place. I apologize if when guests stay at my place was a dissapointment. I always give the best to all guests staying at my place so comfortable and like to stay longer.
Kerti beach inn is not a hotel/inn new but has been established 30 years,only this time i have a problem about buble box. This all happened because there is transfer guests to stay at this place and move to another mine. With all that,i am very careful about every guests who comes to stay. Until now there has never been another incident of buble box. Kerti beach inn is not a big hotel. Our room prices are also cheap. For staying at my place please do not equate service and luxurious amenities like a large hotel.
Not mean to be harsh or strict rules,because there are some guests who behave as he pleases and i was forced to act as the inn-keeper be wise. If his guests well,polite and friendly owners and all the staff Kerti beach inn would be better than that. Thank you

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2012

Cool huts, good crepes for breakfast.

Miserable shower, dirty towels, poor service and bad management.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Manggis hotels

Utrecht, Utrecht, Netherlands
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

After four nights Kerti I wouldn't go there again.

First impression is all right; Nice, clean looking bungalows and hygenic toilet. Outside also a clean and "courtyard" with a swimming pool in the back. Staff though is mostly grumpy and are silently doing their cleaning. I suspect that this is due to the owner sitting on a chair reading the paper and watching them all day.

The owner and his wife seem only genuinely friendly when recieving the money on check-out. One friend of mine checked out in the morning at 10:00 a.m. according to the regulations. He had stayed there three nights and had to wait for transport at 16:00 p.m. While me and my girlfriend were swimming in the hotel pool he was drinking a beer next to it and talking with us. The wife of the owner at that point sent a member of staff to explicitly tell my friend he was not allowed to swim. He wasn't intending to do so, but even if he did this wouldn't be impolite after staying there as a guest for a while. Other friends who came by to visit us weren't allowed to stash their luggage in our bungalow. The owner saw it when they passed by and started complaining immediately.

Apart from one cockroach in the room everything was very clean. Staff were silent but polite and I think can be smiling too with better management. Breakfast was poor and forced upon you early by knocking on the door and practically forcing you to order before 9:00 a.m. (Breakfast time is untill 10 according to hotel regulations.)

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cambridge, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

Sorry for the 3 day delay in writing this, but I was traumatized.

At 3 am the second night I woke up the owners after taking pics of the bugs. They were properly horrified and said to leave all my stuff in this room and we will lock it, so as not to infect other rooms, then brought me to a new room. In the morning at 7am, we would steam my bags and wash all my clothes as I had unpacked on the bed.

In the morning, the owners did not come to my new room at 7am as promised and after I found them, they said it was not their responsiblity to pay to have my clothes washed and they did not have a steamer. They would be washing the sheets and the room would be fine.

It turned into a huge shouting match early in the morning. They new at night exactly what bed bugs were and in the morning they were denying that it was a problem or that they needed to help me. I was in tears and my friends in the next room helped me pack my stuff and go.

Aside from that, the people were really rude to my friend who had brought 3 of us there after his first night. They would say "What do you want!?" when he would go to reception and in general were very harsh with him. I did not experience any hostility until the morning when they refused to clean my stuff.

Room Tip: Bed bugs in Room 108. Don't go in there! They do not have the tools to properly exterminate an...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

We paid 150,000 for a room on the ground floor with a fan and cold water (which were all you need in this climate) and it was small, but spotlessly clean and with a nice tiled bathroom. There was a small balcony for eating breakfast (included) and reading and a nice little courtyard with a small pool (although it was rather over-clorinated). I would recommend Padang Bai, it was our favourite spot in Bali... I think it is often overlooked as the main beach isn't particularly clean or great for swimming because of the boats but there are two bays a short walk on either side which are very beautiful with great snorkling. Kerti is in a great location with the other main accommodation options and near to the beach "bar" (a few cushions, cold bintang and a speaker) set up by the locals. Great spot to chill. My only complaint was that our room wasn't cleaned or our towels changed in the four days we were there, but they may be because we kept extending our stay each day as we loved it here so much!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Munich, Germany
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2012 via mobile

We got one of the best rooms ( first floor with a view to the sea) for around 300.000 IDR. The room was quiet new and really clean. Well the bathroom is more or less integrated in the room which is not really usual for a European, but you will learn to deal with. The attached restaurant was fantastic, so we stayed there two times... I think Kerri beach inn is one of the best choice in Padang Bai and also good value, even when the rooms are really very small.
In general: don't expect too much from Padang Bai! It is allright for two nights or anything like that, we were up to stay six nights there as a starting place for some sightseeing in this area, but it was not a really good idea, so we left after three nights to Ubud.

Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Kerti Beach Inn? Share your experiences!