“Dark room, good swimming pool, decent service” 2 of 5 stars

Three Brothers Bungalows
Jalan Legian tengah, Kuta, Legian, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #38 of 61 hotels in Legian
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
“Dark room, good swimming pool, decent service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

I don't like my room in this hotel - it was very dark and sad, and it need to repare. But staff is polite, and the hotel area is nice - like an abandoned ancient park, many trees, small pond with koi-fishes.
Swimming pool for me was perfect - big, clean and good looking.

Room Tip: Room 8a very dark and poor looking
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Three B, Front Office Manager at Three Brothers Bungalows, responded to this review, September 19, 2013
Dear Erika S,
Thank you for your comment for us, and we are very sorry about that. The room you have been stayed is standard room.
We already did renovation with that room as like we doing the repainted and more shining at this time.

Just for information, our restaurant and main pool is very beutiful right know.
We did a renovation for that.

We hope you to stay at our bungalows again, and enjoy our facilities.

Best Regards,
Pradana Wicaksana

207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

Just returned from Bali today. My first few days were spent in less than satisfactory conditions and then we moved to Three Brothers for 9 nites.
I have walked passed this property for years and never ventured in, what a surprise awaits through the entrance. Its paradise, i thought I was in heaven. Quiet, tranquil, beautiful, spacious and friendly are just a few words that come to mind. The pool is amazing and towels are provided. Staff very friendly and helpful always offer a smile and hello. The property offers a wide range of rooms at extremely reasonable rates. It is central to eveything with lots of cheap cafes and supermarkets just outside. The Bintang Centre is about 2klm for the organised traveller (buying goods for the duration of trip).My stay here has been perfect, I cannot complain about anything. My flight was cancelled and they accomodated us straight away asking if they could be of any assistance with reconfirmng travel arrangements. I have recommended this property to a friend who has booked two standard A/C rooms and I have rebooked for december - cant wait to share this review with others. I cannot believe the review written by Lori I she must be difficult to please.

Room Tip: Staff were happy to show all rooms so we could choose which suited us best.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Melbourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

We have stayed at Three Brothers many times over the past 30-odd years and we still love it. The rooms are very variable though - we stayed in a superior fan room (we prefer fan to aircon) this time and the room is really pretty run down. We've decided we need to upgrade to a deluxe fan next time and inspected a couple of these which look very nice. It was extremely quiet when we stayed this time, the pool was closed for renovations as was the restaurant. However breakfast was served outside in the gardens which was actually much nicer than in the roadside restaurant. The big attraction of this property is in the lovely gardens with the bungalows quite secluded within the gardens. We will certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: If you prefer fan cooled rooms go for the deluxe option.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here a couple times over the past couple years and it is always amazing, and the grounds are beautiful. The new pool looks like it will make it even greater. The staff is super friendly and will bend over backwards to help.I will definitely be staying here in the future.

• Stayed November 2012
Grover Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

When we arrived to the island by boat. We were met by a hotel staff person who hurried us to the hotel. We were told the room was deluxe and included all amenities. Once in the room we discovered the airconditioning did not work, the wifi was unavailable, and did not have hot water. I went to the front desk to complain and informed them that I wanted my money back. That the room was unsuitable. The staff informed me they would only refund a portion, because of the cleaning expense. We were in the room for maybe 10 minutes. I was outraged! I went to the island security to see if they could help me get my full refund and was told it was impossible for them to help me. On my way back to the room i passed the front desk and the staff member looked at me and said " There is more than one way to skin a cat " The whole experience was disturbing on so many levels,I am unable to give this hotel a good recommendation. However, if you enjoy nightmares this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Three B, Front Office Manager at Three Brothers Bungalows, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Lori I, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
We are very sorry if you felt unpleasant, your comments has been forward to our related department.

Just to remind you that problem have been solved and hope to not happen again.
We will monitor and keep improving our standard service.

We sincerely hope to accommodate you again at three brothers bungalows and enjoying our facilities.

Best Regards,
Pradana Wicaksana
Perth western australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have stayed at Three Brothers many times.I love the position,the rooms and the gardens but seriously they need to up their game in the service & breakfasts.We always get the deluxe suites and have never been disappointed.The rooms are HUGE and have a massive outdoor bathroom.They have changed the heads on the showers on the outdoor showers so you now have a gorgeous strong stream of water whereas before it was a trickle and you had to shower in the bath with the hand shower.They also provide a bar of soap which is new but once you have finished the complimentary one you will have to provide your own.All the lights worked this time whereas we had dicky side lights on our last stay that didnt work.Airconditioning is fantastic and works well.Fresh towels daily and the room cleaned and bed turned down daily.The sheets were stained from constant use and were not changed the whole time we were there in 9 days.They were laundered sheets but just not clean.This doesnt bother me but if you need them changed.Just ask.The staff will be happy to do it.Beds are SUPER comfortable and were the most comfortable beds we slept in out of the three hotels that we stayed at this trip.
The Breakfast.Well what can I say.Its very small and you can have either a juice or a fruit salad.Not both.Then you get 1 egg and some toast.Bacon & other items are optional and have to be paid for.The small breakfast was enough for me but most of our group went down the road to Bali Bagus and had a massive breakfast for 45000rph.The pool was clean and we were even able to get pool towels this time which on previous visits has been impossible.They could do with some more pool lounges as you are lucky to score any near the pool and when you do you tend not to move until you are burnt to a crisp.My own fault!!!!!!
Had a bit of a delema this time with all the sidewalks being retiled.They dont start the work with jackhammers & generators until 10pm because there are too many people on the street,Unfortunately our rooms backed onto the area where they were working.The noise went on until around 4am but I still managed to sleep after midnight.Not Three Brothers Fault.Also every night the power would cut out.Only to the suites and they didnt know until you went & told the security man who would flick the switch & the power would come on.This hasnt happened before either.
All in all I still love Three Brothers and would stay there again.The suites are $78US a night and are a bargain.They also do cheaper rooms so all tastes are catered for.Beautiful gardens and lovely cleaning staff.Maybe the front desk staff could take a leaf out of their book.Very sullen faced and not much help..

Room Tip: Take a suite and go 52,51, or 50 away from the road
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We recently stayed here, upon arriving got to our room which was terrible. Moldy walls in the bedroom, broken wardrobe, tap in the bathroom nearly falling out of the basin, smell in the bathroom and more mould. Both the bathroom door and front door couldn't lock properly. When we complained we were charged more money to stay in another room, when we questioned that we had booked a Deluxe Room we were told that it was all our travel agents fault. After being charged extra for another room we were then told we would have to move halfway through our stay, after a lot of arguing they let us stay and not move. My friend had a room above s and she came out in big welts after a couple of days HUGE suspicion BED BUGS, she is on antibiotics!
The staff around the grounds were pleasant enough. Staff at reception unhelpful and rude.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel. I have been to Bali many times and stayed in many hotels but this...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Three Brothers Bungalows? Share your experiences!