“Always amazing” 5 of 5 stars

Jalan Legian tengah, Kuta, Legian, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #41 of 66 Hotels in Legian
“Always amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed here a couple times over the past couple years and it is always amazing, and the grounds are beautiful. The new pool looks like it will make it even greater. The staff is super friendly and will bend over backwards to help.I will definitely be staying here in the future.

• Stayed November 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Grover Beach, California
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

When we arrived to the island by boat. We were met by a hotel staff person who hurried us to the hotel. We were told the room was deluxe and included all amenities. Once in the room we discovered the airconditioning did not work, the wifi was unavailable, and did not have hot water. I went to the front desk to complain and informed them that I wanted my money back. That the room was unsuitable. The staff informed me they would only refund a portion, because of the cleaning expense. We were in the room for maybe 10 minutes. I was outraged! I went to the island security to see if they could help me get my full refund and was told it was impossible for them to help me. On my way back to the room i passed the front desk and the staff member looked at me and said " There is more than one way to skin a cat " The whole experience was disturbing on so many levels,I am unable to give this hotel a good recommendation. However, if you enjoy nightmares this is the hotel for you.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Three B, Front Office Manager at Three Brothers Bungalows, responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Dear Lori I, Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.
We are very sorry if you felt unpleasant, your comments has been forward to our related department.

Just to remind you that problem have been solved and hope to not happen again.
We will monitor and keep improving our standard service.

We sincerely hope to accommodate you again at three brothers bungalows and enjoying our facilities.

Best Regards,
Pradana Wicaksana
Perth western australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

I have stayed at Three Brothers many times.I love the position,the rooms and the gardens but seriously they need to up their game in the service & breakfasts.We always get the deluxe suites and have never been disappointed.The rooms are HUGE and have a massive outdoor bathroom.They have changed the heads on the showers on the outdoor showers so you now have a gorgeous strong stream of water whereas before it was a trickle and you had to shower in the bath with the hand shower.They also provide a bar of soap which is new but once you have finished the complimentary one you will have to provide your own.All the lights worked this time whereas we had dicky side lights on our last stay that didnt work.Airconditioning is fantastic and works well.Fresh towels daily and the room cleaned and bed turned down daily.The sheets were stained from constant use and were not changed the whole time we were there in 9 days.They were laundered sheets but just not clean.This doesnt bother me but if you need them changed.Just ask.The staff will be happy to do it.Beds are SUPER comfortable and were the most comfortable beds we slept in out of the three hotels that we stayed at this trip.
The Breakfast.Well what can I say.Its very small and you can have either a juice or a fruit salad.Not both.Then you get 1 egg and some toast.Bacon & other items are optional and have to be paid for.The small breakfast was enough for me but most of our group went down the road to Bali Bagus and had a massive breakfast for 45000rph.The pool was clean and we were even able to get pool towels this time which on previous visits has been impossible.They could do with some more pool lounges as you are lucky to score any near the pool and when you do you tend not to move until you are burnt to a crisp.My own fault!!!!!!
Had a bit of a delema this time with all the sidewalks being retiled.They dont start the work with jackhammers & generators until 10pm because there are too many people on the street,Unfortunately our rooms backed onto the area where they were working.The noise went on until around 4am but I still managed to sleep after midnight.Not Three Brothers Fault.Also every night the power would cut out.Only to the suites and they didnt know until you went & told the security man who would flick the switch & the power would come on.This hasnt happened before either.
All in all I still love Three Brothers and would stay there again.The suites are $78US a night and are a bargain.They also do cheaper rooms so all tastes are catered for.Beautiful gardens and lovely cleaning staff.Maybe the front desk staff could take a leaf out of their book.Very sullen faced and not much help..

Room Tip: Take a suite and go 52,51, or 50 away from the road
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

We recently stayed here, upon arriving got to our room which was terrible. Moldy walls in the bedroom, broken wardrobe, tap in the bathroom nearly falling out of the basin, smell in the bathroom and more mould. Both the bathroom door and front door couldn't lock properly. When we complained we were charged more money to stay in another room, when we questioned that we had booked a Deluxe Room we were told that it was all our travel agents fault. After being charged extra for another room we were then told we would have to move halfway through our stay, after a lot of arguing they let us stay and not move. My friend had a room above s and she came out in big welts after a couple of days HUGE suspicion BED BUGS, she is on antibiotics!
The staff around the grounds were pleasant enough. Staff at reception unhelpful and rude.

Room Tip: I would not recommend this hotel. I have been to Bali many times and stayed in many hotels but this...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Gold Coast, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here with my partner and another friend for 10 nights in August. I was unsure of what we were walking into based on the vast differing reviews. However we loved it! Many of the poor reviews appear to be based on a standard room. We were in a deluxe fan room, there is a ground floor with a bed, fridge, fan, desk, mirror, closet and massive outdoor bathroom. Upstairs is the second bed, there is a fairly large covered patio with table and chairs.
First of all if you are looking at staying here remember that you are not staying at the Padma Resort or W hotel, this is a budget accommodation ranging from $30-$80. You will get more than you pay for here. Many of our friends were shocked at the quality of accommodation we received for $16 per person per night.
- I would say get a deluxe room the standard rooms did not look any where near as nice.
- the is a free breakfast of an egg and toast with jam, or black rice pudding (again remember the cost of the room, your not going to get a buffet) there are dozens of great breakfast restaurants around for $3 (recommend the coffee corner)

The only negative I have for Three Brothers is the security, there is a security guard, however during the day they do allow hawkers to enter the premises. In addition the lock on the bungalows is a padlock, which I have seen on a number of locations, however with these doors they can be pushed open approx 6-8 inches. (I will upload photos in the coming days to explain what I mean)
In saying that we had no issues and our room contained iPads, MacBooks, photos, cameras and cash.

There is a reason this place is always booked out!

Room Tip: Get a deluxe room. I stayed in August, during this time of year you won't need air con, but if...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Geelong, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2012

This hotel is not your typical 5 star resort - so if you're looking for luxury this probably isnt it.
Three Brothers was perfect for our group all in our early twenties. We wanted a place thats close to everything & reasonably priced. It was clean & close with transport right out the front door! The pool is great & the staff are friendly. We stayed in deluxe rooms with air conditioning & the bathrooms were awesome! All up we loved our stay here & would definitely go back! Best part about it was it wasn't overcrowded!

Room Tip: Deluxe Suite definitely worth the upgrade. The basic rooms were like dorm rooms - our friends who s...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were delighted to arrive to such beautiful gardens and tropical setting only to be met by disinterested staff and a musty smelly room. The outdoor bathroom was a delight but that was the highlight. If you want a decent breakfast don;t eat here! It was worse than poor and you are better selecting without a breakfast option. We had other family staying here who checked out after the first night. Their rooms were unclean, there was no toilet paper and the bathrooms smelt of sewerage. The rooms are quite outdated and musty and mouldy. Cleaning was very poor. Also the pool is a danger zone. Three of us cut toes and legs due to all the broken tiles and management did not seem to care. The only highlight were the friendly garden staff although the same could not be said of the front desk who were most unhelpful. The piece de resistance was the hawkers that roamed the hotel asking selling their wares and continually offering massages.

Room Tip: Don't stay!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Been to Three Brothers Bungalows? Share your experiences!