“Loved It” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Puri Damai

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Legian
Puri Damai
You added Puri Damai to your Saves list
Kln. Werkudara 6, Legian, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #8 of 53 Specialty Lodging in Legian
Ballina, Australia
“Loved It”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2011

This was our first time at Puri Damai and we loved it. Yes, it is old, but very clean and spacious. Friendly and helpful staff. We stayed in room 1 downstairs. A bit of street noise, but not enought to worry us. Location is fantastic with plenty of shops and restaurants and also close to Blue Ocean. Great value for money. I belive they will be renovating in the near future.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Darwin NT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

We stayed at Puri Damai 4-11 Sept upstairs in #7 we found it to be pretty run down, a few things broken, definetely needs some TLC, not as clean as previously and sad to say it was not as quiet and peaceful as previous visits. There were small children and a couple of babies staying there also during our 7 nights stay, so we are guessing it is no longer a child free place. Good for families, but not so good for couples wanting a very quiet and peaceful retreat.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
Bunbury WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

our family of four just returned from our third stay at Puri Damai. It truly feels like our second home.All the staff are friendly without being in your face with fake pleasantries that you sometimes see at the big 5 star places.
The apartments are lovely and clean , spacious and quiet !! Our only constructive criticism would be that the furniture needs updating. There are daybeds in the TV rooms which should be out on the verandah and the loungerooms need to have a decent sized lounge in them to sit on.All of the chair mats and daybed mattresses also need to be thicker so they are more comfy. In the near future the beds could also do with new mattresses.
Due to availability we had to change rooms twice which was a shame but couldnt be helped. We stayed in Room 9 for one night, room 12 for six then room 11 for the last three. Room 9 is probably my fave.
We have already booked in for next year so we dont miss out.!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2011

I would like the thank the staff at Puri Damai. Our accommodation was clean, very spacious, location smack in the middle of shops, restaurants and beach. We stayed for 10 days, we occupied a family room for our 4 teenagers and a one bedroom room for my husband and I. The rooms were next to each other so we had our privacy but close enough to keep an eye on the kids. The staff were Wonderful! Thank you for making our family holiday so enjoyable.

• Stayed June 2011
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Loved it. Rooms were fantastic, clean etc. Staff were Also fantastic, they even walked us to the doctors when our baby was sick. Only downside was the amount of mosquitoes we had in the apartment. Would stay again.

• Stayed July 2011
Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2011

I stayed here in May 2011 for one week. I was staying solo but meeting up with friends, some who stayed here part of the time or at other nearby hotels. The best thing about the Puri Damai is the space, you get an apartment for less than the cost of a hotel. I had an upstairs 1brm apartment, which gives you a bit more privacy and security than downstairs - I was able to leave my surfboards in the living area. I was in an apartment towards the entrance and did get a bit of street noise, so I'll be asking for one towards the back when I return. I really liked the location of Puri Damai, a short walk to the beach down a nearby gang, with lots of restaurants along the beach strip, and plenty of shops nearby. I used the massage place opposite Puri Damai and had a couple of nice relaxing massages. I would recommend Puri Damai for adult travelers who don't want to party at a noisy resort.

Room Tip: Less street noise in rooms at rear.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2011

This is my favourite place to stay in Bali, the best value in Bali with a 5 star location and it is getting harder and harder to book. The staff are brilliant and make you feel right at home so I reluctantly write this review, as I have been promising for years, to thank them. Ayu & Gus, we love your work and really appreciate this little oasis of calm in a busy area. Werkudara is just off Double Six and provides the entire services one would require from laundry, massage, corner store and a great Thai restaurant (Warung Asia – highly recommended) but with the feel of a small village neighbourhood. I have stayed in all 3 room types and prefer the 1 bedroom if travelling alone and the 2 bedroom if travelling with friends. The 2 bedroom 2 storey apartments are very spacious with both lockable air conditioned bedrooms upstairs, each with their own bathroom. Downstairs has a kitchen, 2nd toilet, dining area, lounge area that is all open plan with a more private TV room with a daybed and air conditioning. This is not your Bounty Hotel crowd and recently children have been discouraged which can only increase its appeal. Good value and great staff without the 5 star price tag.

Room Tip: Upstairs 1 Bedroom for a little more privacy
  • Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends

Been to Puri Damai? Share your experiences!