“Fantastic value for money” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Baleka Resort Hotel & Spa

You added Baleka Resort Hotel & Spa to your Saves list
Baleka Resort Hotel & Spa
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Werkudara | Legian-Kuta, Legian, Bali 80225, Indonesia   |
Ranked #24 of 66 Hotels in Legian
Perth
“Fantastic value for money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

4th time at Baleka and every time gets better. Very stable workforce, so same lovely faces to greet you. Very safe and quiet premises. Yummy cheap restaurant. Excellent location. Rooms have been refurbished and the ones finished are fantastic. Best ever value for money. I am a single female and I love staying here. I always feel safe and special.

Room Tip: For a solo traveller or for two friends - go the Classic room on the ground floor. If you want quiet...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2012

They upgraded us to a deluxe room, was old but very clean and everything worked. Currently under renovations so a bit disorganized and noisy. Staff very friendly and helpful. Location was ok. Overall it was ok but nothing to write home about. May be better when renovations finished. Prob wouldnt stay here again.

Room Tip: Definitely do not stay next to renovation area
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

We picked a one bedroom hotel room little squeezy for the two of us and two kids next time would pick different room, they were doing renevations 2nd story.
Was clean, convenient to every thing, go out the hotel and can start shopping straight away.
Swim up bar my husband loved, affordable yummy cocktails. Staff great very friendly.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Adelaide
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

Stayed 4 nights in a basic room, averaged $34 a night - no breakfast included which was no big deal.Lots of resturants very close by. Rooms were very clean, good hot water supply and great air conditioning. Our king size bed was very firm , got just to it after the second night.Nice balcony over looking front of the gardens. The basic rooms are located about 2 minute walk to the pool. Staff in the reception area and the bar area were very eager to please. Good service all round. If you prefer a smaller resort without all the trimmings then stay here. Lots of staff maintaining the gardens. Renovations are in process but no impact on guests.Pool bar is a winner. Look out for "Scooby" in the bar he is very helpful and a delight to talk too.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Central Coast, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

We originally booked 6 nights at this resort but we came back to Legian early so we booked an additional 2 nights.

ROOMS: Our first 2 nights were in a superior room (600,000 rupiah/night). We were given an old superior room (nothing like the website picture) but it was huge and clean. We didn't really care that it was an older room as the facilities were all working and reasonable.

For our remaining 6 nights we were "Upgraded" from Superior to a Deluxe room near the pool. This was far from an upgrade. All rooms by the pool are currently having a second storey added to them so from 8am - 6pm everyday there is constant loud banging and crashing. We didnt want to complain at first because we were upgraded but by the 4th night i had had enough. However as the supervisor wasnt working i had to wait until the next day to speak to him about it. The resolution was rediculous! I asked for our room rate to be reduced as it wasn't fare that we should pay full price for the room which is surrounded by construction and other people at the back of the resort are less impacted. He refused to reduce our rate. He then offered us 2x 30 minute massages that were included in our accomodation (it would have helped if they told us this on check-in). So still he wasnt offering anything! All we got out of him was a late check out until 7pm. My tip to anyone considering this resort is to make sure you email them before you arrive to make sure you have a room that is away from the renovations. Although you will still hear the noise, it wont be directly above you.

POOL: They have a decent size pool that has a swim up bar that connects to the restaurant. If you have blonde hair - do not get your hair wet! I was in the pool for 20 minutes and my hair turned flurescent green. I wasn't the only one either. Throughout my stay there was a large number of women who had experienced the same problem. I overheard one lady at breakfast say that the manager at reception explained they have to use large amounts of chlorine as people sit at the pool bar for hours drinking and don't use the bathroom!!

BREAKFAST: Disgusting! We only at freshly made omlettes. They had some fruit and pastries available but it looked liked they re-use what wasn't eaten the day before. The warm options were terrible, for 2 days they had cocktail frankfurts!

NOISE: At night there was constant bass noise from the restaraunt. They would have the music up so loud until 11.30 however there was never any patrons there. I think they should invest more money in breakfast and get rid of the 5-8 staff the sit in the bar at night when there are no guests!

SPA: We had our massages at the spa which were by far the worst massages we have ever had. I was left with a bruise down on of my arms and the lady scratched me everytime she stoked up or down! After 5 minutes of scratching I let her know and she just laughed about it. We had massages everyday at spas outside the resort and we never experienced anything like this place.

I would never stay here again, however once the renovations are finished it could be reasonable.

Room Tip: Email them prior to arrival and make sure your room is not near any renovations!
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2012

Stayed here two nights after business trip to west Timor. Arrived friday afternoon, very tired, the place was a building site, with a pneumatic drill in use directly opposite my room. I went to reception and asked when they finished, which was only half an hour away. But then I asked if they work Saturdays. They do, starting at 8am. I asked for a room change and got a much quieter room, which was lovely. Some of the rooms can obviously be linked to the one next door, and these doors between the rooms are extremely thin and you can here everything your neighbours are doing. Thankfully mine were very quiet and out all the time. Pool was nice, staff very friendly and helpful, everyone speaks excellent English. Room very clean, a safe that you can set your own combination on so your stuff is safe. Free internet. It will be lovely when the construction work is done.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012 via mobile

I could tell as soon as we turned up to baleka that it wasn't anything that the resort looked like online. We checked in all fine and a girl showed us to our classic room. The decor was very dated to say the least, no safe, foam mattress, a tiny old school tv and a dark dindgy bathroom. I told my boyfriend that I refused to stay there, so we went back to reception and asked for an upgrade. The man then found us a new room. The 'superior' room was alot better. We started to settle in and went to lock our passports and important belonging in the safe, but we could not get it working! We then decided To bring all valuables with us and we locked to bi- folding doors and they didn't feel that secure. My boyfriend then shook the doors afew times and they opened! We got our bags and headed back to reception to move on to another hotel. I didn't exactly feel safe especially as half the hotel was under construction and there was workman everywhere! Reception then told us to wait 1 hr and they will have another room for us. When we returned they had the family delux suite ready for us. The room was alot nicer then the other two rooms and we got to stay there for the same price as the original classic room. I'm grateful that they could offer us another room but I personally wouldn't reccommed this hotel to any of my friends or family. My final words, don't be afraid to ask for an up grade!

• Stayed February 2012

Been to Baleka Resort Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!