“Pleasant modern hotel,budget price, friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Neo - Kuta, Jelantik

Save Saved
You added Hotel Neo - Kuta, Jelantik to your Saves list
Hotel Neo - Kuta, Jelantik
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Patih Jelantik 188, Legian, Bali 80361, Indonesia (Formerly Neo Legian Jelantik)   |
Ranked #20 of 62 Hotels in Legian
Adelaide, Australia
“Pleasant modern hotel,budget price, friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for 9 nights in a superior room with breakfast. The hotel is 1½ years old and is modern and in good condition. The pool is quite small but adequate for cooling off after a long day. Breakfast has a basic but satisfactory selection of cereals, fruit, eggs in any form you request, hot asian foods, pancakes, great coffee and very helpful staff. It is a brisk 10 minute walk to Legian beach, 2 minutes to three 24 hour mini-marts and 5 minutes to many great bars, restaurants, shopping and massage. Check out is 12 noon but late check out can be arranged without charge. Overall we would definately recommend and stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Neo_Kuta_Jelantik, Hotel Manager at Hotel Neo - Kuta, Jelantik, responded to this review, June 24, 2014
Dear Kromyaci.

Thank you for your feed back and wish your next stay @ NEO Kuta Jelantik..

Regards,

Bayu SUTEJA

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

We recently went on our first overseas trip to bali for two weeks. The first week I stayed in numerous different hotels whilst riding motorcycles around. The second week I stayed here at NEO and never looked back. It is by far the best value for money and friendliest hotel that I have encountered in my travels. We extended our stay by 2 days (1 either side of original booking) and nothing was an issue. Our original room number 200 didn't pick up the WIFI signal and upon approaching the staff they had a technician try and fix it instantly and when he was unable to they at no extra cost or hesitation moved me to a different and bigger room. Overall it has been one of the highlights of our trip and if we returned to bali would book in here without a second thought. It is located about 100m to the main drag of kuta and in excellent condition 5* for everything. Have paid a lot more to stay in worse places all over bali and Australia

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Neo_Kuta_Jelantik, Hotel Manager at Hotel Neo - Kuta, Jelantik, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
Dear Nathan D,

Thank you very much and our pleasure to serving you next your stay..

Bayu SUTEJA
Jakarta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

This hotel is certainly one of the best budget hotel in Bali. The room was small but it has comfortable bed and clean. The shower a bit slow but not too slow, it was sufficient. Breakfast was good and we also ate some appetizers and drinks at night, both were at reasonable price and taste good. Parking lot is limited but other hotels would have this problem too.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Neo_Kuta_Jelantik, Hotel Manager at Hotel Neo - Kuta, Jelantik, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Dear Mrs. LoisKwee, Thank you for your feed back and Honest comment to us. We will do quality of service and improving the shower pressure for our guest satisfaction. wish your will return stay with us. Thank you. Regards Bayu Suteja
Duxbury, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

We stayed at this hotel with our college age kids for one night and had a great experience. New hotel with clean and comfortable rooms. Large and comfortable beds, great breakfast buffet and very friendly, hard working and accommodating staff. You can't beat the value at this hotel, and the location is super convenient to all the action in Kuta. Would certainly recommend this to anyone looking for a great deal while staying in Kuta!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear dux34, Thank you for your 5 star rating, it's a Pleasure for us to make our guest always Happy. Can't wait for your next visit. Regards, Bayu Suteja
Bocas Town, Panama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

The place is brand new as the time of this review.

The bed was enormous, a California king. The room is very small there is no place to put anything. If they had queen sized beds it would still be cramped. It was very clean, the mattress and linens were very nice but 101 is a much better place to stay.

There is a about 40 centimeters of floor on either side of the bed and at the foot of the bed.

Room Tip: The rooms are just too small. there is about a foot
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Mr/s txherper, Thank you very much for feed back, we would like to inform that Neo brand is budget hotel which we can not change the size of room on standard type. We have Suite room that more bigger then our Standard room. We hope you stay with us in future. Thank you
Bayu Suteja - Hotel Manager
Kuala Lumpur
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Stayed here for 7 nite and just love it..the staff are real friendly..very polite..very hard working group..Hotel is just walking distance to Jalan Legian and Legian Beach..Breakfast buffet is nice..I love the mee goreng..tasty..The Stardard Room are very comfortable..big enough for 2 person..clean and I am very happy the housekeeping staff..Very Friendly..Always Smiling..Wifi Speed ok but sometime get cut off..transport is not a problem..Outside the hotel there a lot of teksi and there is a ALFA MART 24 store just across the street which you could stock your room mini fridge

Room Tip: Book room at the back of the hotel..Front road is a bit busy..
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Neo_Kuta_Jelantik, Hotel Manager at Hotel Neo - Kuta, Jelantik, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Dear Mr. KL1668
Thank you very much..wish to see your next arrival..
Have great day..

Bayu SUTEJA - kutajelantikhm@neohotels.com
Singapore, Singapore
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I booked 3 rooms for 3 days (2 nights) after reading such a fantastic review on this Hotel Neo and found it to be good on the 1st day.

However, on the 2nd night, the dressing table mirror fell down and so unfortunate, I was right there and the mirror hit me hard on the head (see attached picture). I do not know if I shall consider it as lucky since I was there and served as a support for the mirror and prevented it from breaking. I do not dare to imagine if it is broken, all my luggage will be full of broken mirror and both me and my wife will not have anything to wear for the rest of the holiday due to that the design of the room is such that the "open wardrobe" is exactly where the mirror will land itself if I was not there "supporting" it.

After the incident, we were told by the facility guy and front office that they will arrange to re-fix the mirror by the next day without offering us another room. Feeling disappointed, I questioned Mr Reza (front office officer) on how did this happen. I sensed that Mr Reza himself felt agitated when I express my discomfort, I requested to talk to the manager and to my surprise, he asked the assistant chief security, Mr Semuel, to talk to me instead. To my disappointment again, Mr Samuel can hardly understand English which I presume Mr Reza is fully aware of this before pushing the case to Mr Samuel.

The next morning, the front office claimed that her manager is not in and won't be in so fast. Further conversation led her to "re-check" and suddenly the manager is in.

While I was discussing my comments to Mr Ruzi, the front office manager, I am again disappointed as this would be the 4th time for me to explain the whole scenario to the hotel administrator. Eventually, Mr Ruzi offered to discount our next visit to the hotel but I believe both our family and all potential customers are not interested in the discount but rather safety, assurance, and services received from the hotel.

Mr Ruzi, I am pleased to receive your email on this matter (nonetheless room rate discount is not going to stop my wife to feel insecure) but the way on how to the hotel management handle this matter (Mr Reza, etc) is entirely unacceptable.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Dear LouisLSingapore, Thank you very much for your great review. I do apologize for the inconvenience happen from the mirror during your stay. Mr. Ruzi has send the personal email to you for the clarification and it's great feed back to us as our consideration for improving our service in the future. Again Thank you for the suggestion, really Appreciated.
Regards, Bayu Suteja

Been to Hotel Neo - Kuta, Jelantik? Share your experiences!