“After a 4 year absence...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Neo Kuta Jelantik

You added Hotel Neo Kuta Jelantik to your Saves list
Hotel Neo Kuta Jelantik
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Patih Jelantik 188, Legian, Bali 80361, Indonesia (Formerly Neo Legian Jelantik)   |
Ranked #19 of 66 Hotels in Legian
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Perth, Australia
“After a 4 year absence...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I have finally returned to this beautiful island, one I didn't know I missed this much until the soles of my feet were upon the streets and faces were smiling and soon stories were shared.
This, the second morning waking in Neo Legian and once again upon returning to the hotel from a long searching of a fine coffeehouse (any recommendations fellow trippers for the Kuta/Legian area?), I once again enjoyed a beautiful and bountiful breakfast of perfectly poached eggs done just to order (and I do mean to order and without any hassle even going as far as knowing what I'm about to ask before I ask), bowls of fresh cut melon, and a couple of boiled eggs to match with a generous pouring of coffee, there are several other dishes on offer that look delicious but as I'm vegan/vegetarian I'll wait for that morning to come round to update this review.
But its not the breakfast that has me about this place, it's the staff; truly friendly, helpful, obliging and just cool and I mean cool. They know how to not just be of a service (any staff can do that) but be themselves and talk with you in a way that makes you want to spend a little more time chatting and simply just hanging out getting to know the people, the real people. Too many hotels miss the humanness of interaction.
The hotel is spotless, the room, though small, is exceptionally clean and perfectly fitted with what's needed, minibar, safe, tv.
The shower and bathroom are spotless too, very important for me and the bed is comfy, pillows firm and mattress sleep inducing.
The only thing that would be really cool; a window opening to the outside world but so far, and this is morning two of a six night stay, I love this place and I'm so glad to have gone with my instinct which is hard booking through the internet and only seeing photographs online.
Oh and upon arrival, room was ready and I was in though a couple of hours before check-in.
More to come....as I'm still here.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Indonesian first
Labuan Island, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

Stay here for a week in Bali. A new hotel in town, cozy and very clean. Din't realize they have a swimming pool till my last day thou. Just a minute walk to Legian Road, yet felt like staying far from town with no noisy nightlife. Friendly staff and informative. The receptionist ladies are in a cosplay looks all the time!! I'm pretty sure that they are Lisanna's fans. This hotel have an easy access for travelling activities such as guides and motorbike rent which less than $10 per day. Will definitely come to this place again!

Room Tip: Keep changing!
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Perth, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 5 nights and was our first time in Bali. Nice hotel, close to everything, but impeccable service, always greeted whenever we entered or left the hotel!
However rooms extremely small.....would only recommend for an overnight stay, as it got very crowded with two big luggage bags and all the shopping we did!
Very much a budget hotel, next time we arrive in bali we will stay at a more resort-like place, as you'll find that all you want to do in Bali is just tan by a big pool!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

I had a nice stay in this hotel, at arrival in Bali I booked for 2 nights, the staff and the room were so nice we decided to stay 5 for nights before leaving for somewhere else, good location, quiet but close to everything 5 minutes to shopping street, 15 minutes to the beach, staff friendly and caring for us, very clean, i even had flowers in my room for my birthday!
As the hotel is not far from the airport we decided to come back and stay for our last night.
Good value!!!
The buffet breakfast is ok, you have to pay 12 000rp for extras like pancakes...
We didn't try the restaurant or room service in this hotel, but on the right side in the small street the "Warung Sapo Lais" is absolutely amazing, for me the best I tried in Bali nice food and very cheap :-)
The pool is very small but it wasn't a problem for us as we prefered the beach.
Will stay there again!

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Murchison, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

Stopped off for lunch, staff very good but service slow and we were the only diners....

Ordered the duck wontons and received spring rolls, the other meal was a promo fish steak... The driest peice of fish my wife has eaten.

Over all meals were poor but served in a nice friendly and trendy hotel.
We then went across the road for a ice cream for dessert.

• Stayed October 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night before flying to HK. This is a great budget hotel. Our room had a window that looked into the hall and the room was tiny. For $38 AUD a night it was great value. The hotel is new so everything was clean. The staff were friendly. We were happy with our stay but I don't think we would book for more than a few nights due to the room size.

• Stayed August 2013
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights and it only cost £25 a night. The staff were really friendly and helpful and the rooms were lovely. The bathroom was a bit small but for what you pay this is reasonable. The cleaner did throw out what she thought was an empty can of deet which I was truly gutted about but seeing as we only had 2 nights left in Indonesia it wasn't anything to cry over. My one complaint would be that they advertise the hotel as having a swimming pool and they shouldn't be allowed to as it is a tiny square which is about the size of a jacuzzi with no space for beds next to it. At £25 a night though it was more than fine!

• Stayed September 2013

Been to Hotel Neo Kuta Jelantik? Share your experiences!