“Staff is amazing.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Neo

You added Hotel Neo to your Saves list
Hotel Neo
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Patih Jelantik 188, Legian, Bali 80361, Indonesia (Formerly Neo Legian Jelantik)   |
Ranked #20 of 66 Hotels in Legian
New York City, New York
“Staff is amazing.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2013

This brand new hotel is very well put together and has amazing young fun staff.

One front Desk Supervisor Rui or Yui helped me tremendously when I lost my debit card and had to deal with the more nefarious side of Indonesia. It was not pleasent.

The staff makes this hotel amazing, they are more than happy to assiste you with whatever you need and accomodate best they can.

The rooms are nice, if sparse but clean and inexpensive. They're is much more luxurious accomodation as well as beach front but this hotel is a nice one.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Neo_Legian_Jelantik, General Manager at Hotel Neo, responded to this review, July 19, 2013
Hi J,

Thank you for sharing the 5 stars review.
Regret to hear that you lost the debit card at that time and hopefully everything in your control.

The supervisor name is Puji, I will convey your message to her accordingly.

Please stay again with us whenever you are in Bali..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Indonesian first
Jakarta, Jakarta Raya, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

Stayed here during a long weekend. Booked the Superior room and we were lucky enough to get the corner room, which is slightly bigger. Very new hotel, so new that the swimming pool is still in progress. Location is okay, near Kuta-Legian but still away from the hustle & bustle. Walking to the beach can take up to 20-30 minutes, that is if you don't window-shop, so I suggest renting a car or a motorcycle. Parking space is non-existent but the staff is more than happy to offer valet parking so you can just drop your keys in the Reception. The staff is very friendly, always eager to help if you need anything from fresh towels to directions in Bali. Only problem that the shower drainage seemed a bit clogged as it was always flooded every time we took a shower, but other than that we had a pleasant stay. Will come back here again if we go to Bali.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Sentosa Island, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Booked a standard room for 3 nights, since I have to be a few steps away from the property.
Hotel is in its 'soft-openings' phase.. So swimming pool (I would rather call a splash pool or XL sized bath..) was still under construction.

On the picture it was not clear that the room I booked (at least not for me?!?) had no outside window, so I was sort of disappointed upon seeing my room. But ok, for 3 nights only... And having a tight schedule, I would be only in the room to sleep..!

Rooms are big enough but very compact, considering the rate I paid... Nothing to complain..! Could easily open my big suitcase on 1 side of the room, without loosing the possibility to walk in-and out the bathroom. But have to admit that I travelled alone. It might be too small when you occupy the room with 2 persons, so be aware of that!!

Rooms are clean and basic. But it has everything you might need in a hotel. Free Wifi, water kettle, 2 bottles of water, mini bar filled filled with the usual things, hangers to hang a few clothes. Basic amenities provided. Room and bathroom clean, but again.. It is a quiet new property..! Shower with good water pressure, but please remove the drain if you want to ate a shower.. Otherwise, your WHOLE bathroom will become a splash pool !!!

Breakfast was more serving the Asian market, for us westerner s they were serving: plain slices of bread, which you could put in the toaster, but no cheese, meet or sweet things to spread... There was a sort of egg station and the possibility to take some green salad leaves with a sort of dressing, but here again... Just the green leaves, without tomatoes, cucumber, Mais or whatsoever...!
So if breakfast is a must for you... And you are not used to have rice or other kind of warm Asian food... Neo Jelantik is not the place for you!

Location wise: (for me personal) very convenient, about 50 meters from the Legan Road. Jln. Jelantik itself is very busy with cars and motor bikes.. Several Circle K's and other 24/7 mini market within walking distance. Legian beach about 20 min. Walking distance, but it does not feel that far, since there are different kind of tourist shops and restaurants along the way from the hotel till the beach...

The give me a very late check out (4 PM) without any extra costs.. So that was very very service minded! All the staff members could fluently speak English (even the housekeeping staff!!!), so conversation is not an issue.

When I was there, they did not accept any credit cards, so I was asked to give 'the guarantee' by cash...?!? Which will be returned after checking out, so I did hat they asked me for... But be carefull.. Upon check out, I was handed over a closed envelop, and maybe also my fault: I did not open it in front of them bur later in in the taxi... So when I opened it, I found out that the guarantee /money I gave them with my check in, was not in there... Well everybody could Make a mistake, right,,?!? So I just called them to say that there was only a copy of my booking, but definitely NOT the money, which should be in it!!! But I was shocked with the answer I get on the phone... The receptionist was just asking me, wether I have not put the money already in my bag or whatsoever... So in other words... Accusing me I already took the money or better say to cheat the hotel for the 200.000 IDR!! (But they forgot that I could think the same of them...?!?)
Anyway THAT was a horrible feeling they gave me at the end of a over all pleasant stay!!! Anyway, I still had time, so I asked the taxi driver to turn his car and drive back to Neo... Where I was given back my money, with a un logical reason but with an apologize... So it's ok for me now... But...

Have to admit: this last experience after my pleasant stay would be a reason, not to book anymore at Neo Jelantik...

As a feed back to the Neo Jelantik management: never give a closed envelop to a guest, especially if there should be money in it!!
Guest, would never expect that the money is not in there... So they just opened it when it suits them!! And than realized that there was no money in it...!!! Is not correct, no matter the amount has to be... In it!!!

Anyway...: if the room rates will stay as low as it s now... It is a good money/value wise hotel... If they go 500k+, think twice....!!!

Rooms are not really good sound proved, you can hear people next door coming in- and going out there rooms, especially during night time... Can be a night mare... (As it was for me!!)

AC does not work properly, but after telling them so, they send an engineer to fixed the problem!

Room Tip: Don't take the cheapest room, like I did, because you won't have an outside window!!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Neo_Legian_Jelantik, General Manager at Hotel Neo, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Dear DACHALADACHA,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to review our property.

As you mentioned yes we are a new "value for money" hotel with a great location in Legian. We do not try to compete with the higher category hotels near the beaches or elsewhere. We are also proud of the staff and the English training we do to make communication with our guests as seamless as possible.

We will look into improving the limited breakfast we offer to cater to more guests needs as you mentioned.

I also do apologize for the issue with your incidentals deposit, we will look into that carefully and see what can be done to assure that will not happen again.

Again thanks for taking the time to review our new hotel, it is with reviews like this that we can improve our guest experience.
Melbourne, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night as we wanted a cheap place. We stayed in a Superior Room. The staff were very nice and helpful which was the best part of the hotel. The room itself was very small and basic. There was no DVD player which kinda sucked and there is only a small gap of room in there which doesn't really display in the photos. Felt a bit claustrophobic in there but got over it. The shower was nice and bathroom was clean but also pretty small. Breakfast the next morning there was average. The egg station was good but the buffet food left out was quite average. We stayed somewhere else for the same amount as this place but was a lot roomier and nicer so I wouldn't say it has great value. Customer service was great but I wouldnt go back based on the rooms being so small!

• Stayed June 2013
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

In a nice location, clean room, friendly staff. The hotel is pretty new, a little bit small for group traveling, but decent enough for solo and business (It is not a resort hotel anyway). Great breakfast and service, already full pack with people when the hotel isn't fully filled. All staff are young, trying their best to service customers, 3 stars hotel but 5 stars service. It is a new hotel, looking forward to come back again!

Room Tip: great for single or couple travelers, not a hotel for resort, but it is clean, safe and close to kut...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Bengaluru (Bangalore), India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel provides you first class service for a great price. The location wis also a huge plus as you can walk to the jelantik road for shopping, food nd nightlife if that interests you. The only negative is that there is no view from the windows and the room size is a bit small though we took the superior room. But the service and location is absolutely amazing.

Room Tip: Choose the superior room as the standard one will be even smaller.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This brand new, well designed, good location retreat was ideal for my week in Legian, longer than planned because of the comforts provided. Receptionist Ayu was particularly helpful, and various other staff people also contributed to a pleasant stay. Breakfast was excellent, espressos half-price. The standard and superior rooms, while snug, were quite posh, with mini-bar, converter wall-outlet, large flat TV, remote control A/C, window seat, plenty of lighting, excellent bedding. Hotel car with driver was reasonable cost and always available, which I recommend to airport or day-trips. Abundant shopping/restaurants by walking. New hotel front and tiny pool under construction.

Room Tip: I believe the Neo will upgrade your room if available.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Neo? Share your experiences!