“Outstanding hotel with excellent staff and excellent buffet breakfast” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection

You added The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection to your Saves list
The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Raya Pantai Kuta, Banjar Legian Kelod, Legian, Bali 80361, Indonesia (Formerly The Stones Hotel)   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
FREE Wi-Fi
Ranked #6 of 66 Hotels in Legian
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Vallejo, California
“Outstanding hotel with excellent staff and excellent buffet breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

We stayed at The Stones hotel for one week from May 7,2014 to May 12,2014.During our stay at The Stones Hotel, we found the hotel staff to be very friendly and accommodating specially Dwi at the front desk and Apri the supervisor at the food service area. We have planned not to return for a few years but since the staff are very accommodating and the staff are excellent , we are planning to stay at the Stones next year. We appreciated also Anissa who waited on us when we had dinner at The Stones. Basically, we were treated like we were their family and the hotel staff would know our names as we were greeted in the lobby. The pool was nice and refreshing and big. The pool staff really takes care of the guest and Kuta beach is right down the street. The Stones is walking distance to shops and restaurants. To some of the staff who I forgot their names, you were great too on assisting us. All of you are very friendly. I thank you. You made our stay at the Stones hotel exceptionally pleasing. Even though, the hotel was at 90% capacity the hotel staff was still exceptionally accommodating. We will see you again. From Harley Mooney and Jason Robles

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
ChristyGD, Director of Room Operations at The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 25, 2014
Thank you very much for your review.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Stones experience and a big part of your review was the Talents that made it all happen. I will be sure to share with Dwi, Apri and Anissa on your kind feedback on their personalise service as they are part of the talented and driven Talents that makes the hotel an enjoyable place to work in.

Thank you once again for your review and we look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

Loved this hotle, so clean and comfortable.
we had a garden view room that overlooked local houses and no garden so upgraded to the pool view room, which was much better.
The breakfast was very good, even serving ice cream.
We did not meet on bad staff member and were made to feel welcome from the time we arrived.
the pool was one fo the best I have seen and always warm.
Good Security too.
One tiny gripe is not any drawers in the room for clothes, but that is a small thing
I could not fault this hotel at all

Room Tip: choose a pool view room. It is more expensive but worth it
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your Trip advisor review.

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the Stones experience. We are sorry over the lack of drawers in the wardrobe as it’s a built-in to the wardrobe.

We look forward to having you back with us again soon and thank you once again for your review.
usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

We stayed 5 nights in The Stones May 2014, and loved it! We stay at Marriott's when we can so we received a complimentary upgrade to the ground floor with the private pool. Breakfast was very delicious with International choices. The staff was good at breakfast with the exception of the one day we wanted to take some breakfast with us instead of eating at the hotel. The staff that seats you said it wasn't allowed. I didn't believe the answer was correct and when I approached the front desk they got the manager and he said of course we could take a box breakfast with us. It was just a couple of bakery items, some juices and an apple, but much kinder and accommodating than the original comment. The bed was comfortable, they had many tv stations. I will say it was disappointing that we were charged for a local call when we were arranging a driver, but that's the way it is. We had the 2 hour couples massage for $60.00 each but there was an additional charge (service fee?) of $25.00 per person in addition to the massage fee. I was glad we hadn't tipped the girls as I found the charge on our check out bill and was quite surprised. I will say the girls were amazing and did a wonderful job on the massages! I had the facial as well and loved it! Who knew? Not me! It is a clean, calm, massage facility. LOVE the bar soap in the rooms btw! It smells divine!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you very much for your Trip Advisor review.

We would like to apologise over the manner that the restaurant associate spoke to you on the breakfast takeaway. Allow me to clarify on the restaurant policy for breakfast which is if you are dining in the restaurant, no food and drinks are allowed to be brought out of the restaurant. However, should you have an early departure from the hotel or you would be joining an early morning excursion, we are delighted to arrange a breakfast takeaway box which normally consists of pastries, fruits and bottle juice.

With regards to the tax and service on the spa service, all hotels charge a 10% service charge and an 11% government tax which is mandatory for the service that you experience and we follow the same policy too.

We look forward to having you back with us again soon thank you very much for your review.
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2014

First time visiting Bali and The Stones Hotel was the first out of three hotels booked we stayed at. I stayed here with a friend for three nights and it really exceeded my expectations!

The hotel is big, service was flawless, pool was absolutely beautiful, public areas were spotless, all the staff were extremely genuine and helpful.

The location is extremely convenient. If you don't want to relax by the huge pool in the hotel, literally just cross the road and you're at the public beach. A convenience store is only a minute walk from the hotel if you need to run any errands. Huge shopping centre with big brands like Victoria Secret, Zara, Top Shop and lots of restaurants of different cuisines (Beachwalk Mall I believe) is only a 10 minute walk from the hotel. And if you're keen to shop the markets after shopping through the mall, they are situated right behind the mall.

Being really picky and indecisive with my food, I must say the restaurant really met my needs and cravings. With the dinner menu, they have two different menus. A traditional Indonesian menu as well as an International menu which contained items from the grill, pasta, seafood platters, etc.

The breakfast buffet was AMAZING! I was extremely disappointed at the other hotels I stayed at after with the breakfast. The breakfast at The Stones was unbeatable. HUGE variety! They had noodles (with soup or stir fry) made to order, had a juice bar of freshly squeezed juices, a fruit bar, a huge bakery/pastry section, cereal, muesli, american breakfast, eggs & omelettes cooked to your liking, antipasto and cheese selection, chinese dimsim, and traditional indonesian breakfast with indonesian sweets. (I will upload photos!) I guarantee you will not be bored of the breakfast. It is absolutely impossible to try everything within a day! Really recommend this hotel for travellers staying long-term as you will not get sick of the breakfast.

Staff were really helpful and were always there to make sure everything was okay. Restaurant staff were always really attentive and it didn't take long to get their attention if you had any requests. Very honest and when asked to recommend good food, they were very truthful about every item on the menu.

My partner from home had also called up the hotel to arrange a surprise gift for me. This included a fruit platter and a tea to be delivered to my room. And a 2 hour massage for my friend who was staying with me and myself. While we were having the massage, he requested the staff to leave a bouquet of roses, a box of chocolates and a handwritten card. (He got an image from google of a fruit platter and requested them to make it look like the photo). When I showed my partner the photo of the fruit platter, he showed me the photo he had sent to the staff. And I must say, they did MORE than they were told to. The fruit platter was spectacular! I was really impressed. My partner also requested the staff to tip themselves $50AUD which they didn't even charge to his bill! Really shows how genuine they are to help and satisfy all requests! The roses were also beautiful, and got alot of compliments! One little issue though, the tea that was arranged by my partner was charged to my bill and he was a little upset about it and he requested everything to be charged under his account. So if you're thinking of surprising someone who is staying in this hotel with gifts, this hotel does a flawless job and will not disappoint!

Spa staff were also very friendly, and have a huge variety of traditional massages, and spa treatments, manicure & pedicure!

Really recommend this hotel to everybody, you will not be disappointed!!! All aspects of the hotel was immaculate!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your Trip Advisor review.

We are delighted to hear the impact that we made during the course of your stay. The experience from the breakfast to the service of the Talents and not forgetting the amazing Spa team which was written in great detail is very impressive and we are still smiling with happiness on your review.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back again and see you soon.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

We have been to Bali nine times now ,and have stayed in some nice hotels ,but l must say we are so happy with "The Stones " hotel, it is close to everything yet just off the road enough so you get a peaceful nights sleep in the huge comfy beds ,the rooms are very well appointed and beautifully finished ,the pool is magnificent there are different areas to suit all ages including our six mth old grandson . The breakfast is superb and most of all the staff are wonderful, nothing is too much trouble, they really do want to please . Little touches like having a proper cappuccino machine and even an ice bucket in the room. Some rooms even have a real full size bath and daybed on the balcony which can also be shut off with curtains for privacy.
All in all l can only say give it a try ....you will not be sorry.

Room Tip: We did upgrade to a balcony room overlooking the pool which is really worth the extra ,the room was...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your Trip Advisor review.

It’s a real delight to read your review and we certainly hope that we can be your choice of hotel for the 10th time. We really look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Leeds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

We stayed at this super modern minimilist hotel for 12 nights at the end of April in a garden view room. Don't get me wrong there are many positive things to praise about this hotel but I wanted to share our experience which following the many gushing reviews we had read fell a little short of our expectations.

WIthout exception this hotel has the most friendly staff you will encounter anywhere, from pool staff, cleaning staff, restaurant staff to Management. Even the security staff in charge of the sniffer dog and those on the airport style security that you had to pass through each time you returned to the hotel did there job with a smile on their face, the staff are a real credit to the hotel. I gotta say I have never experienced such tight security in the many hotels I have stayed the world over, not even in USA which is security crazy.

Breakfast was excellent with a wide choice of food. There are lots of quirky low level seating options for the outside breakfast area which is ok as long as you are fairly short in height, not so good for eating when you are over 6 ft.

Garden view rooms:- Modern clean rooms with coffee machine and Bose music player in room. It took a bit of getting used to the fact that you only have a curtain separating the toilet sink and shower area from sleeping area and we had to be a bit creative in trying to dry swimming stuff in fixed window area as you don't have a balcony which is a first for us at a resort hotel. In essence the rooms reminded me of the slick city centre hotels you get in many countries i.e you really could have been anywhere in the world with no Balinese influence whatsoever.

Pool area - I see this as the major flaw at this hotel and the single biggest factor in us not returning to the Stones. The photographs on the website of the pool area are deceptively spacious, in reality this was a different experience. The pool area has approximately 70 sun loungers, a few hammocks in a very small raised garden area and some beanbags on a couple of small decked areas along with 4 wooden cabana's which you could use providing you spent a minimum amount on food & drink during the day. On an afternoon there were 13 sun loungers actually in the sun! Many of the sunloungers were in the pool , another quirky touch, however, we witnessed many personal items been dropped in the water by guests trying to navigate to a lounger! The hotel was at 98% capacity when we arrived and it was a real struggle to get a sun lounger as quite simply there is insufficient ground area to provide sufficient pool area lounging options for the number of guests when the hotel is full. Towards the end of our stay the unnecessary hassle of trying to get a sun lounger became irritating. Apart from the pool area there are no other gardens or grounds and everything is concentrated around the pool i.e all the rooms, bar, restaurant, with reception just off pool area. You cannot get away from this busy area as there is no choice. For those guests in rooms with plunge pools and baths on balconies you are so close to everyone packed around the pool you have no privacy to enjoy these facilites. The hotel was particularly busy at weekends and the pool area was rammed. Quite a noisy experience to be honest where you could hear different music coming from Reception, Pool bar and from individual guest rooms all at the same time. All things considered not very relaxing which is what we had hoped for.

In essence the hotel would probably be ok for a short break, but for an extended stay especially if you would like to get the vibe that you are actually staying in Bali, you should consider other options.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
ChristyGD, Director of Room Operations at The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection, responded to this review, May 21, 2014
Thank you very much for your Trip Advisor review.

It's a real delight to read a review like yours and we are very touched by the effort that you took to write this review and we thank you for this.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the level of service shown by the Talents in the hotel which makes it a place where the Marriott service is shown within the beauty of Bali. We have our security in place due to the previous incidences that occurred in Bali and the Marriott brand takes great pride in ensuring that the guests are taken care in the highest level of safety.

Thank you very much for the breakfast review and we do acknowledge we do have the low level seating which has a resort style feel however having said that, we still do have the normal table and chair seating which I believe that you are aware of.

The hotel is designed to be modern within the minimalist look that you mentioned. Majority of the hotels in Bali has that Balinese style however this is not the case for our hotel and you are right that we do have the modern city hotel look which was the main aspiration behind this hotel.

We are surprised with your feedback with regards to the 3000 square meters swimming pool and it’s true that when the hotel is full, it looks like we have limited sun loungers. The actual reason is that due to the pool deck setup around the pool we can’t have too many loungers placed. However, we do our best to maximize the space that we have so that all guests can get a chance to experience the pool.

It’s true when you mention that the pool is the main attraction and will look busy when the hotel is operating at a full occupancy however, this is a common operation aspect for most hotels and we are no exception but we will always go above and beyond to ensure that all of our guests are delighted with their pool experience.

The different music is in-line with the styling that we have decided that will fit the swimming pool, reception and restaurant which is done by a music stylist.

Thank you very much for your review.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2014

Visited Bali for the 2nd time and stayed at Stones,legian for 4 nights...huge property with the best pool I have ever seen..very courteous staff..delicious and lots of variety in breakfast..beautiful pool side restaurant to have meals in evening..recommended...value for money!!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Thank you very much for your Trip Advisor review.

It's a real delight to hear that you enjoyed your Stones experience with the swimming pool, the service level of the Talents, breakfast offerings and the restaurant service and food quality throughout the day.

We sincerely look forward to having you back with us again soon.

Thank you for your review.

Been to The Stones Hotel - Legian Bali, Autograph Collection? Share your experiences!