“Our Trip To Bali” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Resort   |   Jalan Pantai Kuta, Legian, Bali 80030, Indonesia   |
Ranked #22 of 66 Hotels in Legian
“Our Trip To Bali”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2010

A fun filled trip with my kids. All I can say is the hotel AlamKulKul was Excellent. Very grateful to the GM Aru who is a family friend for his hospitality and generosity.
I will definitely go back to Bali again.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2009

We stayed in a family room with separate beds for our 2 boys and with simple furnishing. Pool was small and run down. The worst experience was to be bitten by bed bugs! Though our request for change of room was granted, we dare not return again.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
somewhere
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2009

This was my second time at Alum Kul Kul, and I was even more impressed than before. The Kuta area is quite busy, but this hotel is a quiet refuge in a good location. Although the rooms are nice, the restaurant is good, and the pools are just right, the thing that impressed me most was the staff. The Guest Relations person named Fina who checked me into the hotel was very helpful and gave great recommendations about the area and Bali in general. Every special request for travel assistance and information throughout my stay was greeted with the perfect mix of charming island hospitality and perfect efficiency. I write for a magazine and travel all over the world, so I am not easily impressed. Thanks to Fina and the staff at Alum Kul Kul, I felt very welcome and just wish I could have stayed longer.
Also, the guys at the pool bar created a nice atmosphere with fun music, and the Jamu Spa is one of the best in Asia. The beach is just across the street, and an ATM and several stores are a short walk. I was also impressed with the included breakfast. You can get a traditional Balinese/Indonesian breakfast as well as a huge array of western dishes, pastries, a fresh fruit. No matter where you go on Bali, stay here for at least a few days.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business
Perth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2009

I organised a retail therapy trip for myself and two friends. I had been to Bali previously and to Papa's cafe which I love and thought the next time I will stay at the Alam KulKul. I booked a quadruple room which was very spacious, the beds very comfortable, the only downside was the windows. They were frosted so we had no view. I did have a look at a villa with the see through doors to the toilet and shower, nice but I think I will try the Lanai rooms which are located near the swimming pool. The staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a cocktail evening put on by the hotel and this was very nice and we were able to meet with other West Aussies staying at the hotel. We won a free dinner to the Alam restaurant during the quiz time. The hotel is opposite the beach and very local to markets and other restaurants. Only a short taxi ride into Kuta so location excellent. Overall we had a wonderful stay and would recommend.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with friends
Newcastle NSW
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

We stayed at the`Alamkulkul in a Villa room and we were very happy with all this resort had to offer. The room was a good size with the outdoor sunken bath shower a nice feature. We received fruits and biscuits daily. The Villa room also allows access to the Villa Club where there is free softdrinks, snacks and internet.
Happy hour at the bar on the balcony was free drinks, with a choice of three cocktails made from a local spirit (Arak Attack, Arak Pinacolada and Arak Capriosca, all delicious) also Bintangs and local wines on offer for free. The main pool area was nice, but not huge. The garden pool also looked nice, but we only used the main pool due to the pool side bar.
All of the staff were extremely friendly and willing to help out in any way they could. After checkout we left our bags at the resort while we filled in the rest of the day, with our flight home not until 10pm. When returning to get our bags all hot and sweaty, we asked if it were possible to take a shower somewhere, they were more than happy to hand over the keys to another villa.
Would definately recommend the Villa room to others, but I cannot comment on the other rooms that other reviewers have complained of.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
Buckinghamshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2009

Authentic Balanese accomodation consisting of low rise rooms and bungalows, some nestled around the 2 small pools.
Well worth the upgrade to the alam club rooms, which gives you access to the delightful air conditioned club room by the reception.Complemetary soft drinks and local snacks assisted by smiley staff.
Beach is just across the busy road, kuta town and legian bars are 10 minutes walk away.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Perth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2009

Beautifully decorated, big, clean rooms
Bargain at US$100/night
Lovely staff
Stunning gardens
Fantastic food and service at the restaurant - would definitely recommend the set menu for lunch and dinner but the breakfast is limited
Walking distance to tourist areas
The pool looked a little small but we never swam in it - I think its more suited for adults than children
Massive bath
Most impressive collection of complementary toiletries I've ever come across - they provide everything you might ever need
Complementary bottles of water were very handy
We didnt notice the construction work at all

We're already planning our next trip to Bali and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Alam KulKul Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!