“nice suit rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #26 of 61 hotels in Legian
New Delhi, India
“nice suit rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

price almost same as hard rock hotel, but suit rooms are bigger and better. breakfast is normal but resturent is quite nice. 10 min walk from the main ceown but right next to the beach. take taxi for around 350000idr for full day.

Room Tip: don't take family room, go for the suit room with extra bed. you can always skip the breakfast.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

391 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (73)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
Raymond Terrace, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I recently stayed in this Hotel AlamKulkul for my 10 day trip to bali and really enjoyed the hotel the staff where always very very helpfull to me and the place was very clean and well looked after.
The breakfast every morning was delish and always looked forward to it !! would stay here again without a doubt.
We had lovley staff that where checking in regulary to see if we needed anything and how our stay was going, if you walked in with heaps of shopping from a long day they would offer to take it to your rooms, which was really helpfull.
and had a couple of coktail parties with free drinks and finger food on friday nights which was a great way to meet other people.

Room Tip: i went with the quad room for 3 people in seperate beds but it was massive and had heaps of room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Bunbury, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2012

I travel to Bali several times a year and generally stay at the same couple of hotels because they have everything I want. This trip I decided to try somewhere new and was pleasantly surprised. Alam Kulkul is only a small resort but I will definitely be returning.
We just returned yesterday with my 5 year old son and we stayed in the Java villa. It was amazing. Absolutely loved the villa. The main room is very spacious and it also has a massive bathroom area with a huge below ground bath tub, Part of the bathroom floor was made in to a fish tank with stepping stones to access the bath. Very original. The villa comes with a king bed complete with mosquito nets and the staff set up an additional single bed for my son at no extra cost, yet there was still plenty of space in the room.
Out the front of the villa, we had our own private plunge pool complete with sun beds, which was perfect to lounge around and have drinks, but the two main hotel pools were not far away either. It is probably not ideal for travelling with children as there is no kids club or kids activities but my son was content enough with his own private pool and following the fish and turtles around in the ponds.
The attached restuarant 'Papas' served fantastic meals, particularly the breakfast.
The hotel itself is in a brilliant location and the grounds are beautiful. The staff were fantastic and there wasnt anything they wouldn't help us with.
I very much enjoyed my holiday and will be back

Room Tip: The Java villa was amazing
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
north east england
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We stayed 2 nights prior to leaving Bali and on arrival, changed our room as there was no balcony in the first one.The management changed the room without a problem due to our initial disappointment.The hotel was very nice indeed,in a central but quieter location with easy access to both Kuta and Legian on foot.The room was very clean with a sparkling luxury bathroom,containing ample fresh white towels and beautifully presented toiletries.The hotel grounds are lovely with tasteful Balinese furniture and decor.The staff are professional and helpful with calm service.The pools are very nice and the attached restaurant was just lovely for dinner..The only minus was a strange odour at the back of the hotel which appeared to be coming from the back drain. This hotel is definately a 4 star and we would stay again.

Room Tip: Villas or front facing rooms have balconies.Family rooms at the back do not.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stayed 3 nights at this place and overall was happy. For the price, everything was fine. Breakfast was very good, buffet style. The hotel looked 20% full when we were there.

The room was fairly sized. Make sure your room is well located, cause you could end up quite far or facing a wall. Internet is lobby only, which is a bit sad.

There are 2 pools, but we did not use them. There were nice. Located in the heart of Legian, right accross the beach and besides a nice restaurant, Papa’s Limoncello.

Competition is fierce in this area and I can’t say if this place is top. But for the price (lower than the neighboring hotels), It was very good. Overall, I give this a 4 stars rating, because of the lobby only internet and the fact that the management did not want to grant us better room location even if the hotel was quite empty.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

I booked this hotel for one night -the first night of my trip, to check in 10-13-2012. My best friend died a few days before my trip, and I obviously did not go on the trip. The wake was the day I was to leave. I emailed the Alam Kulkul hotel -twice asking for a refund for the $98.00 for one night (I booked through Booking.com). I explained the situation. They REFUSED to credit me although I had the proof of death, etc. They told me twice they were "...pleased to inform me that there are no refunds." All of the other "non-refundable" hotels I booked credited me -EXCEPT THEM. I appears they are not only not compassionate, they are hard up for the money. Stay somewhere respectable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kuta, Indonesia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Staying here first on early 2005 makes me want to come back, first time stay here was in the Villa room, reasonable price, old look room, big cupboard, complete with the iron, hair dryer and the best part is the bath tub. One of the recommendation is try the Spa!! fresh and smells SO GOOD. With inhouse product called Jamu. Recommended shampoo, conditioner, body lotion!! kind makes me addicted.

Staying there again on September 2012, in regular room, well nice room, not too amaze but have balcony, so nice place to talk in front of the pool. still has the same product, so pretty much complete my senses.

Room Tip: Choose Villa
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Alam KulKul Boutique Resort? Share your experiences!