“Very nice hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Legian Beach Hotel

Save Saved
You added Legian Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Legian Beach Hotel
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jalan Melasti | Legian, Kuta, Bali, Legian, Bali 80033, Indonesia   |
Offers & Announcements
KID STAY FREE
Ranked #24 of 61 hotels in Legian
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
“Very nice hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

We stayed here and we where very impressed, we had a little cottage with our own terrace. Very good breakfast and lovely pool.
The sunset was really amazing, also the rain was impressive but welcome, because of the high temperature, we were there in february 2003 in the rain season but no problem at all.

Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
GM-LBH, General Manager at Legian Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Dear Ciska63,

Warm greetings from us all at Legian Beach Hotel and thank you for staying with us.

We are happy to know that you have enjoyed your stay and your compliments are highly appreciated.

Today is still warm sunny day in Bali, I reckon that the rainy season is coming a bit later this year.

Once again, thank you from us all and we look forward to seeing you again in Legian Beach Hotel.

964 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (301)
  • Indonesian first
Athens, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

This is a very nice hotel located directly on the beach and a short walk most everything you would need while staying in Kuta. On an international level it is a 4 star hotel.

My only source of aggregation during my 25 day vacation was checking in at the hotel and the desk clerk who should be grateful that he has such a good job
working at this type hotel instead of picking plastic bottles out of the trash for earning a wage.

I arrived at the hotel at 10am which I knew is before the hotels time to check-in. I was told to return to front desk around 2 pm and they would a room for me. No problem as they have facilities to change into my swim suit and enjoyed the beach and the pool. Around 2pm I went to the front desk and was assisted by the most incompitied and hot headed clerk I have ever deal with. He starts by spending about 20 minutes looking at his computer screen over and over and over looking for room to avail, I assume he had no idea what he was at. I ask to see his manager and all of the sudden he blew offhand starts screaming at me that this situation was my fault because it wasn't 3pm yet...it was now 2:50. I reminded him that it i andall of other guests staying at the hotel is providing him with his job He goes behind the counter and their is a lot of loud conversation. Another front clerk comes out, by now I am agitated and this person was not authorized to do anything. I was finally told that the front desk manager would be coming in to work at 3 :00 pm, it was already 3:10pm I wait from him "finds"a room with a view of a brick wall, the next room shown Had a view on the roof, the next room was a very nice room but as soon as walk into the room your eyes start burning from cigerette smoke. The four room was one of cottage rooms which was perfect. This entire episode took two hours I would him left long before but I had prepaid for the entire 5 day stay. I also, as an owner of a business I would have fired the first clerk on the spot. How could some In a service industry put up with somebody like this?

Another thing on the Saturday night the hotel provided a "free" dinner since there was some construction going on. The food was a cheap cruise ship fare...with the hotel making a tidy profit on selling their overpriced drinks.

The grounds, pool location, and "regular" rooms were quite good. The cottage rooms are not much bigger than the regular rooms and the furnishing room are also about the same. Definitely not worth paying the vast difference in price. Unless you are getting a half price discount including breakfast I would stay else where and that desk clerk is not working there anymore!

Ete

Room Tip: Get a room facing the garden
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Dear Ugaworldtraveler,

Greetings from Legian Beach Hotel and I hope this note finds you well.

Thank you for staying with us and giving us your comments, from which I can understand your disappointment. Herewith I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused.

In order to handle the case properly, I would need to know under what name your booking was made so that we can back track our records.. I would appreciate if you could write to me at generalmanager@legianbeachbali.com

Your compliments about our hotel is appreciated and your feedback regarding our complimentary buffet dinner is also noted.

Last but not least, thank you again for staying with us.

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Only had a short trip to the Legian Beach but this was made all the more memorable following the evening we had dinner outside at the open restaurant in front of the beach, live band playing, great menu and lovely food, drinks just keep them coming! If you like good service, a peaceful and romantic atmosphere this hotel cannot be missed.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Designer 699,

Warm greetings from Legian Beach Hotel to you and thank you for staying with us and patronizing our beachfront restaurant and we are happy to know that you have had a wonderful time.

Thank you for your recommendation and compliments which we highly appreciate.

At anytime you plan to return to Legian Beach Hotel, please do not hesitate to let me know directly.

Meanwhile, may we wish you a wonderful time ahead.

Nowra, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2012

Once again a great time had staying at Legian Beach Hotel. The staff attentive and friendly. The rooms very clean with everything you need for a relaxing holiday. Breakfast is fabulous with so much choice. A must is the pancake section. The location on the beach makes it easy to go for an early morning walk or a swim in the surf. The gardens are beautiful in the grounds. Try the Lais Restaurant for excellent Indonesian Food. Black Rice Pudding for dessert is fabulous. You over look the beach while eating right in the Hotel.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
GM-LBH, General Manager at Legian Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Jane B,

Sunny greetings from Legian Beach Hotel. Thank you for staying with us again and giving us your reviews. i strongly believe that your recommendations will be useful for those who have not tried the hotel or the yummy Black Rice Pudding.

Happy to know that you have had a wonderful stay and please let us know directly when your next holiday schedule pops up and we will be more than happy to prepare the required arrangement.

In the meantime, may we all wish you a wonderful time.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Spent almost a week there, the breakfasts were good, especially the omelettes - you could choose what you wanted in them and they made it in front of you. Rooms were clean, dinners were fairly ordinary. Great location, close to shops and right on the beach. Best of all was the Bali friendliness, staff were genuinely happy to serve you and ensure that your stay was comfortable, they provided a surprise cake for my sons birthday with candles and a lovely card from management - totally unexpected. Would definitely stay there again, lovely green surroundings too.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Dear DesireeB305,

A very warm greetings from us all at Legian Beach Hotel and thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience with all audiences.

We are so glad that you have an enjoyable stay and thank you for your compliments.

We all look forward to your return in your next holiday and please feel free to let me know directly if I can be of any assistance.

Meanwhile, may we all wish you a wonderful time ahead.

Sydney
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is not a bad hotel, but, after staying in less busy areas before my stay here, I think the more touristy nature of the area and hotel left me feeling the place was average. Right from when we checked in you got a sense that you were just another name on their list rather than a valued guest. It took the guys at reception 20mins to check in two rooms, they were running around like they had no idea what they were doing. It was kind of amusing but also un-professional.

In regards to the rooms, etc. My room was fine, very comfortable and clean but also a lot smaller than in hotels in other parts of Bali. The TV and internet connection here were both good. the pool area at the hotel was nice but also very busy and the drinks and food very expensive.

Best thing about this hotel in my opinion was the breakfast buffet. It was large and had a great range of items to choose from. The hotel is also just across from the beach which is quite nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
GM-LBH, General Manager at Legian Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Dear Andrew J,

Very warm greetings from us all at Legian Beach Hotel and thank you for trying our hotel in your recent holiday trip.

We are happy that you have had an enjoyable stay and that the facilities that we are providing were to your liking. I understand that you would prefer a more quieter place, but should you decide to return to Legian Beach Hotel, please feel free to let me know directly and I will be more than happy to make the necessary arrangement.

Once again, thank you from us all and we look forward to seeing you again.

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I travel to Bali at least once a year for the last 10 years and have been trying to secure a booking at Legian Beach Hotel for the longest time but to no avail. Finally this year I managed to secure a room and was eager to check the hotel out.
It is a disappointment from the moment we arrived at the hotel's entrance. The building exterior looks worn. Later we found out that so were the room.
When our transport dropped us off at the main reception, there's was no one to assist us in carrying our luggage and so we had to lug them on our own. That is fine.
At the reception, no one walked up to greet us as the people manning the reception were either attending to other guests (ther happened to be one at that time) or talking to each other. When that one guest was done with their enquiry, another walked past and they received warm greetings from the people at the reception. All these time, we were still waiting to be attended to. At this point I was already standing at the reception and literally had to say "excuse me" before someone looked at me.
After completing our check in, a hotel staff was assigned to transfer our bags to the room. This was done without any grace and I pitied our luggages that were literally dragged through uneven pavements, up and down curbs and into our room.
The room we got was horrible. It was located at the ground floor right at the back of the hotel. The furnitures looked very dated and worn. The bathroom although large had railing all around... A if this was a room catered to elderly guests. The light at the entrance of our room was not working and we had to call on for help twice. When the maintenance personnel turned up, he couldn't solve the problem. We went out for dinner and when we returned, the light still wasn't functioning.

Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
GM-LBH, General Manager at Legian Beach Hotel, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Dear mcmeelo,

Warm greetings from Legian Beach Hotel and thank you for staying with us.

From the review, I can see that you have stayed with us in April 2012. FYI that the rooms you talked about have all now been refurbished and refreshed with new furniture, new flatscreen TV, new DVD player, new marble floors, and so on. As you may have been aware that we are upgrading the whole lot of the resort with different schedule in each area.

By now we have already opened new facilities such as new breakfast restaurant, new buffet set with a very high hygiene and sanitation standard, new main kitchen and open kitchen, new lounge, new Teppanyaki and new Spa.

All the renovations are aimed to enhance the comfort, convenience and enjoyment of all our guests.

I can see from the review that our employee have not served you according to our procedures which I would like to apologize for the inconvenience caused.

Should you plan to visit Bali again anytime, please feel free to let me know and I will be more than happy to be at your service.

Once again, thank you for your attention to our quality of service and we all look forward to have another chance to show you what we are known for.

Meanwhile, have a wonderful time.

E:generalmanager@legianbeachbali.com

Been to Legian Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!