“Fresh, fun hotel!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Bliss Surfer Hotel

You added Bliss Surfer Hotel to your Saves list
Bliss Surfer Hotel
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Sriwijaya, No. 88, Legian, Bali 80361, Indonesia (Formerly Bliss Wayan Hotel)   |
Ranked #11 of 66 Hotels in Legian
Sydney, Australia
“Fresh, fun hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

Upon arrival the friendly staff welcomed us to the hotel.
Wow!! What an entrance!
The lobby is open and airy, with splashes of colour from the surfboards hanging from the ceiling.
The poolside area is excellent! A nice sandy area with bean bags & tables.
Feels like a beach haven!
Then we were shown to our room. Perfect! It was a really well appointed, modern room, with great storage areas for suitcases, a big flatscreen TV, balcony with a little built-in seat overlooking the pool. The bathroom was clean and modern and the shower pressure was perfect.
The staff were all fun & friendly, and loved having a laugh with us.
The pool was nice, but was quite cold in the afternoon due to the sun going behind the building, but it's a pretty common story in the hotels here.
As for the location, it was pretty much smack bang in between Seminyak & Kuta, so about a 20-30 min walk each way, otherwise it's about a $2AUD taxi ride to town. No big deal.
Thanks for making and upkeeping an excellent hotel!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Navi Mumbai, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2013

we stayed for just 1 night in bliss wayan, on our way to lombok. the hotel decor theme is surfing & there are a variety of colourful & lively surf boards everywhere... its refreshing after an overnight travel from mumbai, india!
The reception staff was courteous & efficient. the room was cosy and the small sit out area in the balcony was also quite nice. we didnt eat anything from the restaurant, so cannot say anything about the food.
its a little away from the main legian street, where all the action is.. but if you prefer to stay away from all the activity, this place is just the place for you.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

So i stayed here for 4 nights on and off. the first 3 were great. nice pool, location good if you like touristy things, food good for a hotel. I left for 2 nights to go to GILI T (go , its amazing)
I left 2 items of clothing in the closet and emailed the hotel when i got to gili t at noon (check in isn't until 2pm) to please get my clothes form the closet and hold them for me until i return. I never got a reply email even though i asked for one to confirm this.
I come back to ask for my clothes "sir we didn't find anything". "thats impossible, they aren't in my suitcase and i left them specifically hanging in the closet" "we found nothing" i said there are essentially 3 things that could have happened, 1) i am lying (no) 2: your staff stole them (probably) 3: the next guests stole them (not likely as guests in niceer hotels give the lost items to the front desk)
So someone stole my clothes. Bliss did NOTHING to help me with this. Didn't offer to give me a free breakfast, free night stay, free DRINK even. nothing.

second thing: The lady there, i think her name is SENTI got me a boat to Gili T and back as I asked her to. She said " i got you a round trip tix for 128.00 with transport" i said "that seems high" she said "no its a good price" great! Thanks hotel for helping me out and not getting screwed by scammers. Well i get to Gili T and find out that I over paid by at least 70 dollars if not 90. I was the ONLY person I know from Bali who paid over 70.00. So was Senti getting a huge commission? dunno. I even went to the boat tix office in Gili T and told them what my price was and they said VERBATIM " wow your tix agent is bad".

I get back to Bliss after all this and say "look i need a car for the morning to take me to the airport" The lady behind the desk, not senti but another one says "we can get you the hotel car for 15.00" I said is that the same as a taxi? she said "oh yes its about the same" i decided to try and trust them again..but i get up in the morning, there is no hotel car waiting (surprise? no) and I catch my own cab and he says "to airport? 7 bucks". I thought. I hate this place. and was glad to leave.

the rooms are small but fine. Look the customer service was horrible. I haven't been that mad at a hotel customer service in a long long time. Even in cambodia it was better than those 2 women.

oh lastly. When i told them i was leaving for Gili T and wanted to come back for a night they said "oh thank you for coming back we can give you the special rate of 60 bucks a night" wow amazing! Loyalty does have its perks! But i went on line to check anyway...i booked a room for their hotel 10 ft away from the desk for 39 bucks..the exact..same..room.

Don't go to this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
AntoniM263, General Manager at Bliss Surfer Hotel, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Valued Customer,

We would like to thank you for choosing Bliss Wayan Hotel Legian as your accommodation choice for your recent visit to Bali and for taking the time to share your comments with us.

We are extremely sorry to read about the general attitude of our staff during your stay. We will investigate this case with our management team. Kindly rest assured that training in regards to guest relations will be carried out to avoid such incident in the future.

Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Thank you once again for your constructive comments. These will certainly enable us to improve the quality of our service to better meet the needs of our guests.

We truly hope you will give us the opportunity to welcome you again. We would be more than happy to arrange your stay with us on your next visit to Bali.

Sincerely Yours,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

My family stayed here for 8 days and had a wonderful experience. The staff were excellent and always went the extra mile for anything that we needed. In particular when we told Noel that we needed to go to a tailor and he organised for us to be picked up/dropped off & even met us there on his days off; we were taken to one of the best tailors in Bali (Anika Tailor). We would highly recommend this hotel as it was always clean and had fresh food and added extras in the rooms such as: toiletries, slippers and pool towels + two iMacs in the lobby for guest use. Upon checkout we left some valuable items at the hotel and Arim jumped on his scooter and came all the way to the airport to give them to us. Lastly we would like to thank all the staff for making our stay such a pleasurable one, in particular Noel, Yoman (Arim), April, Arista, Cyntia and Mang. We would definitely come back to stay here again.

Room Tip: If you need anything, just ask the staff. The best rooms for couples would definitely be the "...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Jakarta, Indonesia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Were staying in this hotel with my husband and little son age 15 months. At first we're not so sure because the rate is so cheap for a new hotel.. We came around 11pm and first impression was : WOW!!!!
The room is in right size, not too small. Usually for room cost $40-50, you will get a-OK room but very small,, not with bliss wayan.. The staff are friendly and helpful,, pool area is just at the right place. Beautiful view! Love it.
For a straight access to the pool, pick a room in the first floor. They usually have promo at night in restaurant,,so for more privacy, get room in higher level because its less noise..

The location of Bliss wayan is just right. No hustling here, while Kuta is more like the crowded area for international or domestic tourists. But, if you've never been to Kuta before, and you're curious about it,you can just walk and will be there in 10 mins! Atm and quicky mart is 5 mins walking, so if you ever want snack and hotel price is a bit expensive you think, you can just run to quicky mart!
Definitely will stay here again for bali holiday!!!

• Stayed February 2013
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

The staff are fantastic and so helpful. One of our group was 10 week pregnant, being so early we were very worried about her the bar staff were so good explaining what to do and what not to do. Most of the food was Arian however they were more than happy to make her mash potato and chips with gravy. Even The General Manager is happy to have a chat. I would highly recommend to anyone. I have stayed at several different hotels in Legian but I would honestly say I would never stay at any other hotel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Mackay, Queensland, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

New hotel with an excellent staff. We stayed here for two weeks this month and did not want to leave. Noel (a staff member) was a particular highlight as he made as feel welcome and would give us helpful tips on our way out. the rooms were clean and bright and the breakfast each morning was amazing. Nothing was too much trouble for Bliss Wayan. As it it a bit out of the way of the main street it was nice at night but close enough to walk home from the restaurants, beach and shops. Cannot wait to head back there. Hotel was new, with great design and architecture. Recommend to all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Bliss Surfer Hotel? Share your experiences!