“Really refreshing” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Werkudara no. 539, Legian, Bali 80361, Indonesia   |
Ranked #31 of 66 Hotels in Legian
“Really refreshing”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We loved our two days stay here. It was very refreshing to locate to a smaller hotel where everything was accessible.
We stayed at Hardrock for 5 nights and Ananta Legian for two.
Hardrock seemed very busy and Ananta is simply relaxing.
Stay here if you simply want to chill, there is a nice bar with friendly staff.
Room service is good and check out their beef burgers, they are thee best Eva!

Stayed October 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
Denpasar, Bali, Indonesia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2013

So, I was booked the hotel from booking.com for 3 nights and the price per night is around USD 70-ish. I booked this hotel because it looked out so great in pictures and from other reviews. We were so exhausted from Gili Trawangan and we hoped to get a great service and everything in here. From the check in they even asked to copy your credit card which is not really great for the guarantee and they even wanted all ID card from 2 pax, isn't one ID card is enough as we book the room for 2 pax? The bellboy escorted us to our room in return I shocked because they put us in a very bad room with very bad view and when we walked the room I even get mad because they gave us a TWIN bed instead of double king bed. So I called the reception and asked why you put us in a twin room? He only said "Sorry sir you are not request the room so we put in twin" so I asked them to move us into a double king bed and he will call us back so I have to wait again in room and what makes me feels not worth the money for this hotel is the room is very very very small for expensive price!!!! Back again the reception calls me back and he said he even don't have any double room for us! Cn you believe it? All I know is if you book room and you say and you request the twin bed that you should put your guest in twin bed not when we book usual double king bed room and you put in twin bed and it was a huge mistake. So we walked down to the lobby and trying to be calm I canceled the 2 other nights there and gave them the payment for one night only. Oh ya the wi-fi is so so so bad and they need to fix this..

Breakfast was buffet and it was usual nothing special.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Loved every minute of our stay, we were there for 4 nights and it was worth every penny. The breakfast was different everyday. A special thank you to Padmi for recommending shopping places and Rudy who was our savior come departure. Because of his good and helpful nature we managed to find a taxi to take us on a certain sum. Thanks a lot Rudy!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Darwin, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

The staff were superb - friendly, co-operative and able to provide courteous service.
The pool was excellent for people interested in doing some laps before breakfast. Long enough to get into a rhythm. The location is great - just a little way off the beach and within easy walking to the beach and all the restaurants. Easy to get day trips into the middle of Bali. We will certainly go back there in the future.

Room Tip: Bring a reading light as the bedside lamps were definitely mood only.
London
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Stayed one night after inbound flight from London, moving on to Ubud the next day. This hotel was perfect for our needs - friendly staff, clean room, nice shower and good food. Didn't get to use the pool or the roof terrace but both looked lovely and added something special to the property.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My boyfriend and I had stayed at the Ananta Hotel for 7 nights. Although the hotel looks extremely nice on arrival it becomes very disappointing when entering your room. It is a small room ( which I did bare in mind after reading reviews) But what makes it feel even smaller is that the rooms are not insulated at all, we could hear everything going on in other rooms which made sleeping very hard for me as I am a light sleeper. After having a few horrible sleeps we booked in a massage to relax which became a hassle as we had been sent to the wrong room number twice which was very embarrassing us and the people we disturbed, we had to go to the main desk 3 times to get a correct number. To polish off our stay I went to the front desk 45 mins before we were due to leave to pay any room fees( my boyfriend had checked the amount earlier that day) the man behind the desk ( who looked extremely excited to be at work) was very confusing as I believe he was showing me someone else's paperwork and telling me what I had remaining to pay which was not adding up. As I tried to pay for our remaining balance my card was declined 3 times ( there machine was not working) and he was so extremely helpful at explaining this to me and the next person after me..... Not!

I do have to say the roof top was a place to relax and the staff working that day were very delightful.

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

rooms (we were on 5th floor) were very small and disappointing. No balcony so no where to get fresh air in the room. Inadequate seating in room (one poofay) cushion, and one small seat which we had to use for putting suitcase on. We found if we spent any time in the room, we had to sit on the bed so feeling comfortable and relaxed was not good for us. what made it more bearable was that the staff were excellent and provided good service. Probably more a younger persons place to stay as they tend to be out all day so the room would not be much of an issue for them. Location was very good though, close to some good restaurants.

Room Tip: pay extra for ground floor rooms at least they have a sliding door facing the pool and a pool lounge...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Ananta Legian Hotel? Share your experiences!