“Loving everything about Up2U” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 36 Activities in Legian
Type: Surf Camps, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: # 40% CHEAPER # Very Affordable # Great Fun For Everyone # Level 3 certified surf coaches # Surf Lessons and guiding # Safe and friendly environment # Professional facilities and equipment. UP2U Surf School Bali is owned and run by Australian professional surfers our aim is to teach you the awesome sport of surfing whilst providing professional services, facilities and equipment in a safe environment this guarantee's your Bali surf lesson’s and guiding will be amazing and something to always remember. UP2U cater's for all levels of surfing from beginners to advanced surfers and invite you to learn the awesome sport of surfing in a safe, fun and relaxing environment. For more details click the 'WEBSITE' link on this page. Wanna Go For Surf - IT's UP2U
singapore
21 attraction reviews
“Loving everything about Up2U”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Paul and his team, Angung and Kedai (aka Mr liar.) made both my partner and myself really comfortable during our surf lessons.

it all started at a ridiculous timing when i emailed Up2U surf school at 1am in the morning, because i previously found another surf school online that had terrible reviews. thankfully Paul replied my email at 4 that same morning and we managed to arrange our lessons through the phone around 730am.. we booked a 2 day lessons package and started that very afternoon at 2pm.

Up2U doesn't provide transport. but they are more than willing to provide if you're like me, being really lost in legian/kuta. The only hiccup we had was that the initial driver who was supposed to pick us didnt come because he went MIA. we had to take a cab down where paul actually paid for the cab ride. :) *thkyu paul. trust me. it was made up for during our surf lessons.

on our first day we had Angung who speak seriously fluent english with an accent. he is more than funny but really focus on teaching us. his instructions were very clear which is important. because when you're in the water. you may not be able to follow thru..mentioning how our stances should be on the board... he was very encouraging and told us what kinda waves to catch so on and so forth.

on our 2nd day our session was in the morning, the driver was at already at our hotel lobby waiting for us. we had Kedai as our instructor. he was another entertaining fella that made our seriously worn out mentality felt different. he taught us how to increase / reduce speed and how to swing our shoulders and leg to turn the board.

despite the rough waters on the 2nd day, kedai made sure we managed to catch some decent waves before we leave.

Up2U surf school made my Bali trip a seriously memorable one.
1. they had their photographer Harry to deliver our photos to us at our hotel lobby.
2. You can definitely stand on the board on the very first day, i took 3 tries. ;)
3. they are the CHEAPEST in the market with WELL MAINTAINED equipment (i find this very important.
4. Great Instructors with CLEAR instructions.

i just wanna give a big shoutout to the guys in Up2U. Thank You So much once again! :)
i will definitely return to you when im back in BALI.

this is a school i will recommend to my friends to go to. :)

Visited December 2013
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this review, December 21, 2013
Hi Helly,

Thank you for bringing in such a happy spirit into UP2U and thanks heaps for the great review

When people visit the surf school we always try to make them feel at home and relax their nerves this helps our guests surf better.

LOL I’m always getting e-mails and calls at all times of the day and night but it’s ok our customers are number one and customer service is a very important priority to UP2U I normally need about 1 hour notification to organize a class but yours was a special case it’s lucky I wake at 4am everyday to get ready to go surfing this is when I also do my marketing and read my e-mails.

You mentioned that we don’t provide transport yes we do provide transport but we found that many people opt to come to the surf school on their own and yes many people get lost in Legian/Kuta that’s why I try to give as much accurate information as I possibly can. So we two price schemes one with transport and one without either way we are the cheapest legal surf school in Bali but we try to deliver gold when it comes to service. It was hard for me to organise transport due to the early nature of your enquiry at 1:24am in the morning LOL I laughed when I saw the message I just thought to myself this one’s keen but on the second day we had transport waiting for you at you hotel lobby Wayan is a great driver but I have to always get to work early because he’s always early himself it’s not every-day a worker is contacting the owner to tell them to hurry up especially here in Bali

Agung he is a legend surfing instructor a great asset not too mention a real gentleman he is our lead instructor and I’m so stoked he is with UP2U his knowledge, patience and vast experience as one of Bali’s leading surf instructors makes UP2U able to deliver a great service to our surfing customers. Mr Kedai is actually Mr Gede, Gede used to be the head coach for another big brand surf school I have been involved in classes he conducts and I’m amazed at his teaching skills lol it’s quite funny when Gede and I teach all the locals calls it the ‘masters’ class because we are the oldest surf instructors in Bali hehe and I have to admit they are right.

It was awesome to see you stand up on your third attempt this also shows that the instructors at UP2U are of very high calibre and get the correct message through to our guests on how surf safely and successfully.

Harry the photographer is great at his job his work is always outstanding and his photography is definitely better than any other I have seen in Bali UP2U has defiantly the strongest surf staff team in Bali very tight, experienced and very professional this put together delivers an extremely high level of service to our customers at a very competitive price.

Our equipment and facilities are world class and our ‘safety first’ policy makes UP2U the leader in surf school sin Bali something that we are very proud of.

Helly I hope you both do return to Bali to have surf with us again we loved your very happy outlook at life and you brought in an amazing energy into the surf school.

Please feel free to pop in anytime for another surf when in Bali again.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
Pune, India
3 attraction reviews
“Had a great experience learning surfing at UP2U”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2013

Started learning surfing at UP2U surfing school. The instructors are friendly, professional, very patient and always encouraging the newbies. Even though I took only 3 beginner lessons, I was able to stand up and maintain good control of the board. Most important thing is I got over the fear of the sea and waves. Had a great time learning surfing with UP2U. I am already planning to go back for more surfing and more lessons.

Visited December 2013
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Hi Kalyan,

How are you mate I hope you’re very well and thank you so much for the great review

It was great to have you surf with UP2U you always had such a happy smile and you definitely loved your surfing.

Many people have a fear of the ocean and that’s very important! Have respect for her once you show her this she opens up to you and throws you some nice little waves.

You where always trying to learn more about how to surf by asking questions something that we encourage and we were very happy to show you the answers because we try our best to give our customers the best service possible.

I had a look at a few of your pics and every-time you where up and standing you could see the rush in your eyes I’m sure your addicted to surfing now.

I’m hoping you return soon mate I liked our little chats and next time you return please feel free to pop in and say ‘hello mate’ anytime

Bangkok, Thailand
“Great experience learning how to surf at UP2U Surf School”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2013

As a beginner level surfer looking to improve my surfing skill level, I found UP2U Surf School to be a great place to nail down the fundamentals of surfing at a fast pace. I definitely feel more confident surfing now and more importantly, have a better feel on how to look for a wave, catch a wave, and surf a wave.
Compared to brand name surf schools, I believe that UP2U's value lies in offering low student-instructor ratios at affordable prices. In my case, I signed up for a group lesson and ended up with an student-instructor ratio of 2:1. Most of my learning came from asking questions and getting feedback from instructors after catching a wave. Both of these learning channels are most effective when there is a lower instructor-student ratio. In addition, UP2U's instructors, many of whom have experience teaching in brand name surf schools, all have many years of surfing experience and most have been teaching surfing for a while.
Overall, I would recommend UP2U surf school to anyone looking to improve their surfing skill level.

Visited December 2013
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this review, December 15, 2013
Hello Mr Tim,

Hope your very well back in Bangkok and thanks heaps for the review we do really appreciate it.

We do get many people who have surfed at other surf schools and but we find that most of these surf schools in bali will not really show you the true side of surfing we not only teach you how to surf on your own we show you the culture behind it all LOL I have experienced so many great moments in my life surfing and I really just want people to see what it’s really like to live as a surfer.

At UP2U we do our best to get you to feel what’s going on and at the same time we also try to show you as many surfing techniques to get you surfing on your own ASAP. Many people just go out and paddle and stand up and think they are surfing but that’s not quite surfing when you feel what’s going on then you’re really surfing.

Our instructors are awesome and I can safely say they are some of the most qualified and experienced in Bali we have an amazing team I’m very blessed to have such good people on board.

Your surfing did improve dramatically and the last day we all surfed together was great it would of been awesome if you and Rudy had taken off on that wave it would of been great.

We try to keep the instructor student ratio low but sometimes we have to put 1:3 for our bigger classes and asking about how to improve your surfing level and also our online tutorials we hope help to.

It was a pleasure having you surf with us Tim and your welcome back anytime and we hope that’s pretty soon

Take care mate,

PS: Let the coin go bro
“The best part of a great Bali trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

As a pair of 30 year old, inexperienced surfers, my brother and I turned up without the greatest of expectations about being able to stand on our boards. However after, only 2 attempts, due to some fantastic instruction from both Paul and Agun my brother and I were standing, riding and having the time of our lives. We booked the 2 day course here and it was fantastic value for money, only time constraints prevented us from doing more but we are coming back in January and will certainly be attending more lessons to perfect our skills. The team here not only teach you to stand and ride, they have a love for surfing and want to pass that passion on, they'll teach you about waves, currents, rips and provide you with all the information and knowledge you will ever need to be able to jut pick up and go on your own sometime. I can't recommend them enough, it was easily our favourite part of a great Bali adventure. My thanks to Paul and his team and I look forward to seeing you again next year.

Visited December 2013
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Hey Paul,

Hope all is really well where ever you both are.

Mate it was great to have you both for the two days great laughs not only from you but for all the staff at UP2U.

We were so stoked to see you both up and standing immediately I’m sure you agree surfing is the best feeling in the world!!

It was a shame that you could only do two days but hey there’s always next year I’m really hoping that you visit us again.

We do have a very deep passion for surfing and we all love getting out there and catching a few ourselves we definitely have great jobs I would never want to swap it for anything else.

Knowledge as they say is power and we do try to teach everyone how to surf on their own if people couldn’t well we wouldn’t be a surf school.

I’m looking forward to see some pics of you both hitting waves it would be great satisfaction for us to see that we did a good job teaching you how to surf.

Mate it was great meeting you both and I definitely hope that one day I’m sitting at the office desk and you both walk in again for some more suuuurfing.

Istanbul, Turkey
6 attraction reviews
“Great team, so much fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

As a husband and wife over 40, we had serious doubts about surfing before arriving to Bali. After contacting 3 different surf schools via internet we decided to take lessons from Paul and his team. Paul was very patient while answering our numerous emails about our doubts, questions and expectations and his patience continued during the 3 day lessons just the same. He explained the tips and tricks of surfing for hours in the sea without loosing hope from us. Thanks to him and his team we had a memorable vacation and new hobby. We would like to come to Bali again to continue our second round surfing lessons as "intermediate."

Hey there Feroci,

How are you both WE MISS YOU!

It was so awesome having you both surf with UP2U you both always had a very happy smile and your energies where so warm we all looked forward to see you both when you surfed with UP2U.

When people do start surfing it’s a very gradual thing because we are land dwellers and when we jump into the ocean our systems get shocked so being patient is definitely a must we just help the people get used to what’s going on around them and just make them feel as comfortable as can be.

You both where very eager to soak up all the information that we threw at you and I hope that our online tutorials helped you understand more about the ocean.

It was great having you and the rocket surf with us both very energetic and awesome people and I knew that you both where going to get there quickly so I just helped a little you really did most of the work.

Surfing is GREAT the best thing in the world I hope that we see you both again and that we can all go for a paddle it will be awesome

Take care beautiful people,