“Best place in Bali to learn how to surf!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 33 activities in Legian
Type: Surf Camps
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: # 40% CHEAPER # Very Affordable # Great Fun For Everyone # Level 3 certified surf coaches # Surf Lessons and guiding # Safe and friendly environment # Professional facilities and equipment. UP2U Surf School Bali is owned and run by Australian professional surfers our aim is to teach you the awesome sport of surfing whilst providing professional services, facilities and equipment in a safe environment this guarantee's your Bali surf lesson’s and guiding will be amazing and something to always remember. UP2U cater's for all levels of surfing from beginners to advanced surfers and invite you to learn the awesome sport of surfing in a safe, fun and relaxing environment. For more details click the 'WEBSITE' link on this page. Wanna Go For Surf - IT's UP2U
New York City, New York
“Best place in Bali to learn how to surf!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

UP2U surf is the right place to learn how to surf, Paul and his team are very professional in what they are doing. Prices are great and you get a free pick up from where you are staying and all the equipment are provided by the school. Teachers are very patient, extremely friendly and they are quick in finding your errors and correcting it.

I will go back to Bali and I will go back to this school again for sure.

Visited February 2013
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Hello Mr Ali,

Thanks for the great review mate!

It was great to see how quickly you progressed and to see you ripping it was great we have some great memories with the Mr Ali!

At first you where a little shakey but as your surf course progressed you really started to get it!

Hopefully you keep practicing and we all really hope you come back for a surf in Bali with UP2U again,

Take care,
Paul and the crew from UP2U

• Chinese (Traditional) first
“High five UP2U!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I had my first ever surfing experience and must say big thanks to Paul and UP2U staff. I caught the first wave just right, thanks to excellent teaching. It was hot day for my Finnish skin but so cool to surf ;) and special thanks to Harry for the awesome pics!

+Petri

UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Hello there Mr Petri,

Thank you so much for your great review!!

It was soooo awesome to see you stand-up on your first wave your definitely a natural at surfing!!!

Our instructor said it was very easy to teach you surfing and looking at your pictures you where doing everything right!!

If your ever in Bali again you and your family are most welcome to have another surf with UP2U – we all hope so!!

Kindest regards,
3 attraction reviews
“Amazing Surfing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

We walked along the beach checking out surf shops and searched tripadvisor before choosing Up2U. We were very happy with our decision! More low key then Ripcurl but my girlfriend and I had our own instructor for half the price. They supplied beginner surf boards in excellent condition and a photographer took some incredible photos. Norman got rid of our snowboard habits and had us riding beginner waves in no time! Very fun morning and would recommend to anyone trying surfing for the first time.

UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this review, March 9, 2013
Hello Jared,

Thank you for the great review we do appreciate your time and effort and sharing with people around the world about your surf experience with UP2U Surf School Bali.

We like to stay low key and not have our surf classes get to full because
1. You don’t learn how to surf and you don’t get good value for money.
2. Having a large group surfing is not safe!! The ocean can be powerful and having to many people in a surf lesson definitely increases the risk of injury.
3. Having smaller groups is friendlier! You get to know everyone your surfing with and that helps our guests enjoy their surf lesson in Bali more.

Our motto is ‘STANDING AND SMILES’ something that is very important to UP2U Surf School Bali and its guests! But safety is definitely our highest priority that’s why we continually check our surf boards and replace them if we feel they are not up to a high standard of repair!

The photographer Mr Harry is a awesome asset to the company he is a hot surfer and this helps him catch ‘the right moment’ every time we are very stoked to have him work with us.

You both were excellent at surfing! See you both stand-up that quickly was a great feeling for all of us at UPU Surf School Bali. If you are ever in Bali again please drop in and say hello you will always be welcomed and maybe we can all go for a surf again.

Take care mate,
Paul and the crew from UP2U
Shanghai, China
“Low key, excellent instruction”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Had no idea what to expect when I booked a 5 day beginner's course with up2u. I'd never really been surfing before and had no idea what the difficulty level would be. By the time I'd finished my 5 days of lessons, I was standing up on the board and was regularly able to catch what Paul called "green waves". It was very satisfying to learn how to surf and I felt that the course really gave me the fundamentals I need to continue to develop my skill in the future.

What I particularly liked about the course was that there was hardly any "pre-set" curriculum to follow outside of basic fundamentals. Instead, Paul and his team of instructors use photos taken of you each day to assess what you're doing right/wrong and help correct you on your feet position/technique/etc... I enjoyed this style of lesson and I'd imagine many others would as well. Very low key school with friendly staff all around.

Well at the end of my trip, my body is aching and I've got plenty of cuts and bruises, but I can surf now thanks to up2u. Wish I could rest up for a few days, then take another set of 5 courses. Highly recommended.

Visited February 2013
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Hi there Bob,

Thank you for your great review!

It was a pleasure having you surfing with us here at UP2U Surf School Bali the five days of surfing you had was awesome and you had some very good conditions and your pics! Great!
We do have many techniques on how to teach our guests how to surf and using pictures, videos and on the spot advice really does help hit home what people may not be doing right.

Surfing can be difficult but we try to show people how to do correct board handling and wave identification doing this helps people stay aware and also conserves energy for catching and riding waves.

By the end of the course it was great to see you catching green waves and you definitely are at a level now and you can go for a surf anywhere.

We hope you come back to Bali again and if so please feel free to come and say hallo and go for another surf.

Take care mate,
Singapore, Singapore
“Strongly recommend Up2U”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

I was in Bali from 9 to 13 February 2013. I went to Bali specifically to learn surfing. After some research I chose Up2U and I can confidently say that I do not regret my decision at all.

Paul is an excellent guy, the prices are very fair and I had a great time and even learned how to surf!

Fundamentally, Paul means well. He loves surfing and he really wants you to learn surfing while you are there. That's exactly what happened. Paul surfs with you every day and does not leave it only to locals to run the show.

Overall, I strongly recommend using Up2U.

Visited February 2013
UP2USURFSCHOOLBALI, Owner at UP2U Surf School Bali, responded to this review, February 16, 2013
Hello Claudio,

Thank you for your great review!

We had great fun surfing with you some of your pic’s where so unreal and your smile was one of the biggest we have had here at UP2U.

Watching you learn to surf was great and some of those green waves you where catching were fantastic!! The pic of you riding the wave while you on your back was hilarious I have had a look at it a few times and it cracks me up still.

I do still teach in the water it’s not that I don’t have good instructors I do it’s just I love to surf and to teach it I get allot of satisfaction knowing people are having a great time – as we say at UP2U Surf School ‘Standing and Smiles’!

I hope we see you again mate it would be great to have a paddle with you again.

Take care bro,