“Nice music and food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 147 Restaurants in Legian
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The name Sang Ria means the joyful one in Indonesian. We will do everything in our power for you to have a joyful dining experience at Sang Ria. Our signature dish are the baby back pork ribs served with your choice of roast or mash potatoes. Accompanied with a secret home made sauce, salad served with a French balsamic dressing. They claim that there are the best, but we let you be the judge. Our menu will delight you with a good variety of salads, soups, curries, fish, steaks, chicken, pork chop, and much more. We also have a sophisticated vegetarian menu and last but not least our Italian style Teramitsu has raised a few eyebrows.Set in a typical Balinesse garden setting you will enjoy sitting in a open garden listening to classical guitar and the sound of streaming water from our water fall. It would be a honor to have and serve you. S.R management.
“Nice music and food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Had two evenings here after just coffee the first night we found the singer very pleasant so we came back for a nice meal, some fine music and pleasant coffee.
Nothing special but very pleasant.

• Indonesian first
Sydney
“Inadequate service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2014

I tried to eat here last week. The live music drew me in and even though it was not that busy it took 20 minutes to order a cold beer and an entree. After waiting a further 20 minutes I walked off.

Visited August 2014
Manila, Philippines
“Overpriced tourist restaurant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2014

Had the pork ribs and vegetarian kebabs (both recommended on their menu).

Pros:
- Nice setting - but not facing the beach

Cons:
- Service is not the best (seemed understaffed when I went)
- Food taste is just average - I was expecting more after reading the reviews) - ribs were just okay
- Sangria was not good, overpriced for a small cup

Would I eat here again?
- No. Seemed just like any other typical tourist restaurant you see all over this area. Nothing really special for me.

• Visited August 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
wayan85, Owner at Sang Ria Grill Bali, responded to this review, August 17, 2014
Dear Vivi. At first I didn't want to give you a answer but your comment is so untrue and unfair that I felt it important for other future clients to answer you. We have been in the business for the last 12 years and love our job and dedicate everything we have in serving our guest. Our foods is made from the best ingredients that we would want for our self witch is the best quality. To say that our foods was blend is strange as we as the owner know exactly what we are serving compared to other competitors, and blend is not one of them. Our ribs are one of the best on the island. We have been around and have compared them and to our pleasant surprise this is ours and many others conclusion. The vegetable kebab are unik to our establishment at least to our knowledge. I personaly love them grilld to perfection a big but yet light meal. Now for the Sangria well what can I say. Our venue name is Sang Ria grill so to have a bad sangria would be just stupid. Our sangria is made with mesurements so it is the same since we opend. We get lots of compliments on how good our sangria is. About price well if 4.2 dollars for a glass of wine is to expensive you can always go to poppies lane and get a cocktail for 2 dollars but don't complain if you go blind. Our alcohol is genuine and alcohol in Bali is expensive even wine. About our service I have to apologize it has been very hard to get new staff and as your observation was right we are under staff and are currently trying to get more staff. It is very difficult to find staff in Bali at the moment as so many new restaurant and hotels are opening and are sucking so much labor. We are under staff because we are always busy.I feel that your critic was very harsh as you did seem to have found our foods oke as in not bad. To call us a over price tourist restaurant is really unfair. We have created a big garden and even that most of our client are tourist we have local expats Indonesian as regulars. You also need to check our price list and compare it to others before making unjustified comments. You will realise that our prices are very acceptable as we strive for quality more then profit. We get around 120 to 170 guest everyday and many of them are regulars and to have regulars you need quality. Have a nice stay in Bali hope that this as clearify some of your comments. Yours sincerely S.R
“W O W ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Food is fantastic, staff are incredible and the whole vibe of the restaurant is phenomenal!

The staff are so nice and funny. And as for the food ... W o w ! It has some of the BEST food I've experienced!! Fantastic!
I've been eating there everyday this week and I am not sick of it!
Definitely recommend x100
If you haven't eaten at sang ria, you're definitely missing out!

“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Chef & food are fantastic & the staff are so helpful, happy & friendly. Definitely a must to visit!! When in Bali will come again!!

Thanks Leslie for your time and comment. Acceptable ribs? we are a little sad about this but we only can work as hard as we can to keep our quality and taste up notch. Curries are good we have thai curries from warung asia our sister thai restaurant and some other curries at sang ria. My personal favorite the yellow Cambodian curry at sang ria. Thank you for your visit hope to see you again. Cheers yours sincerely. S.R.