“Still Nice Clean Small Hotel With Good Price” 4 of 5 stars

Amaris Hotel Legian - Bali
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Jl. Padma Utara, Legian, Bali, Indonesia   |
Ranked #37 of 64 Hotels in Legian
Surabaya, Indonesia
“Still Nice Clean Small Hotel With Good Price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2013

This is our second time to stay at Amaris Legian after previously stay and travelling in other part of Bali. Visiting in end of December which is mean in the peak time of holiday. We book it several week it before and Amaris request to transfer of half fee to secure the booking. We transfer it with special request as we travel with older people we need to be place in the same floor. Then we check in late in the afternoon and yes our rooms is ready and in consecutive rooms. Nothing change of this hotels. Again, underlining this is budget hotel which is have good price. Small but clean. Hot water shower with hard pressure is avalaible and good bed to rest after spend whole day travelling in Bali. Only minor deteriorate we can see from our last year visit when hotel is still brand new (like blacken wall,interior bulb off).The main reason we choose is very near to beach, only 5 min in walk distance through near alley. Also we try to avoid area near Kuta which is become very TRAFFIC JAM during holidays. By car, we can bypass via Sunset Road-Nakula street-Legian street. It's far less crowded than Pantai Kuta street. Now hotel have a vending machine for buying cool drink and ice cream. What a nice addition. In the morning, staff clean our hotel and give new towels. Also we remember once stay in others 4* hotels and a guest from abroad have difficulties to get correct plug for their device. But in Amaris we notice on the room they provide it with built in universal plug for international customer. Very plus touching, which is seem small but sometime big deal. Hot Cold water dispenser avalaible to refill our bottle. But seem staff must clean/pay attention in dispenser condition which is look dirty. WIFI connection is available on the room. And yes, in the morning, it's kinda loud to hear people take a breakfast from our 3rd floor rooms. But we consider it as morning wake up alarm. Be prepare in the peak time, kinda difficult to find table to sit. In the last day when we check out, because we are in hurry we miss to complete our payment, and staff also busy to handle other guests. So halfway our journey, Amaris staff called us request to be transfer and patiently wait for us to looking nearby ATM to transfer the fund.

So CONCLUSION : Amaris is budget hotel, kind expensive if compare to other budget hotels. But given plus like position, breakfast include and other service, this hotel is worth to stay

Room Tip: Choose Room Except On The Pool Floor. Choose facing the street and avoid back ofthe hotel which is a...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Indonesian first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I recently spent 12 days at this hotel and found it to be great! The room was simple and modern, overlooking the pool.
Breakfast is a buffet and colourful tables are set round the pool. The food was excellent and there was always fresh fruit, if anything was missing the staff were only too willing to help.
Some people have commented that there was no fridge in the room, but I didn't find this to be a problem. In the corridor next to the lift is a water distributor with hot and cold water, so I wS alwYs able to get a hot tea whenever I needed it and replenish my bottle of water at all times.
The staff were great, friendly and welcoming. We had problems with the internet connection so a member of staff came to the room to check, he realised that one of the servers was down, they have two, one for each wing of the hotel. The next day this was repaired, the receptionist I reported it too asked me to check if there were any more problems with it.
If I needed a taxi or transport they would always find somone reliable. Very important as some taxis don't have meters and will try and overcharge you!
The beach is just a couple of minutes walk away, and there are several good bars and restaurants in the vicinity.
If I ever go back to Bali then I'll be sure to book here again!

Room Tip: Try and get one overlooking the pool as these have balconies.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Surabaya, Indonesia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

This is a budget hotel. If you just want to sleep, breakfast, then leave, this is the right hotel. But if you have kid and want to enjoy holiday in Bali, this is not the one for you. The room is small and sometimes no amenities in the bathroom. The towel and bed sheet sometimes is smelly. I sleep several times in here for business purpose.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Brunswick
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is a fairly new hotel which doesn't have loads of character but is certainly value formoney. The staff are friendly and quite helpful. Breakfast was included and was a buffet style. There is a central pool which basically sits in the middle of the hotel.
We had issues with the in room safe but this was quickly sorted out by a staff member.

• Stayed November 2012
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

I read up on this hotel before I left and was happy with the remarks you get what you pay for. Well all I can say is I didn't pay for the ear bubs left on the floor. This hotel was depressing to say the least. both mornings we were woken by a child at 6.30am in the pool yelling. the pool is located down the bottom and surrounded by the rooms which make a echo effect going up. the dinning room is located next to the pool and you have the same thing, chairs scrapping all morning. The bed was super comfy though and the air con was great. Other than that I would rather pay an extra $10 AUD and stay somewhere else. We only stayed here as an interchange hotel. We later found out this hotel is used alot by domestic travelers. Also I know that Bali has no smoking regulations and I am even a smoker but being surrounded by people smoking at breakfast was kinda gross....... And the juice is not juice its cordial with no water!!!!

Room Tip: No idea cause I doubt there is a good room!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

i arrived at the hotel and after already paying the day before they told me i needed to pay more because they told me the wrong price the day before. I arrived into my room which had no fridge a tiny bathroom and an even smaller balcony.
I came home to my room being unlocked after the cleaners had been.
The renovations next door was disruptive.
The bed was comfortable.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Mebourne
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2012

Stayed at the Amaris for 11 nights in late September- early October.
At first i was a bit taken aback at how basic the rooms were. There is no fridge, the bathrooms are very small and the sink is found outside the bathroom near the door. Balcony is small and not very useful unless drying your bathers.
Bed was comfortable enough and there was a TV on the wall (no DVD player, but you can hire one next door for 25,000 Rupiah a night.
How can i complain though at the price. I paid just over $500 for 11 nights stay and late checkout.
The overall cleanliness of the room was good, although i dont think our sheets were ever changed or the bathroom ever cleaned properly.
But if you after just somewhere to leave you bags and rest your head at night, you wont find better value for money.
My only real complaint is the noise levels. They allowed children in the pool screaming at 6am. The pool is located right in the middle of the buildings and the noise just echos into your room. You can hear other people opening and closing their doors and traffic right outside your room.
Breakfast was basic, but included in the price which was a massive bonus.
Location is great, only a couple minutes walk to the beach using the shortcut.
Id recommend to budget travellers, but next time i will stay in a resort style to reduce noise levels.

Room Tip: Choose a room on the top floor away from the road.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Amaris Hotel Legian - Bali? Share your experiences!